12-18 Wheelersburg vs Waverly

Dunn97
Riding the Bench

Re: 12-18 Wheelersburg vs Waverly

Post by Dunn97 »

Sports-nut wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:36 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:06 pm
4thgoal wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:42 am While there was nothing flagrant or anything like that, I think the tensions got high early by all of the fouling of Holden by Waverly. Waverly had 3 different guys guarding Holden in the first quarter and each of them picked up 2 fouls. So the tone early was that they were going to foul him every time he was in a scoring position.

No doubt about that, also #12 for Waverly blocked Holden shot early in the game and he taunted Holden by getting in his face and said something to Holden, then Holden shook his head and starting talking back, I disagree with him talking back by the way, I would just answer with they way he played on the court and took over the game....
So they blocked two of his shots in the first half? I ask because I seen a video on Facebook of # 23 blocking his shot without taunting Holden.
It's wasn't #12, he didn't block Holden at all.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Dunn97 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:24 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:06 pm No doubt about that, also #12 for Waverly blocked Holden shot early in the game and he taunted Holden by getting in his face and said something to Holden, then Holden shook his head and starting talking back, I disagree with him talking back by the way, I would just answer with they way he played on the court and took over the game....
So they blocked two of his shots in the first half? I ask because I seen a video on Facebook of # 23 blocking his shot without taunting Holden.
Elsa says let it go. This topic is played. Soooo plaaayyeed

Dunn97
Riding the Bench

Post by Dunn97 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:28 pm
Dunn97 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Elsa says let it go. This topic is played. Soooo plaaayyeed
Great now that song is in my head..🤣😂

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Why defend Wheelersburg? Everyone hates the Yankees in pro baseball, why? THEY ARE WINNERS! Everyone in pro football hates the Patriots and Tom Brady, why? THEY ARE WINNERS! In our little spot of the world, Everyone hates Wheelersburg, why? Yep that’s right...THEY ARE W I N N E R S!!! Screw everyone else, this “COMMUNITY” has it “TOGETHER” and everyone else is jealous... pure and simple!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:43 am Why defend Wheelersburg? Everyone hates the Yankees in pro baseball, why? THEY ARE WINNERS! Everyone in pro football hates the Patriots and Tom Brady, why? THEY ARE WINNERS! In our little spot of the world, Everyone hates Wheelersburg, why? Yep that’s right...THEY ARE W I N N E R S!!! Screw everyone else, this “COMMUNITY” has it “TOGETHER” and everyone else is jealous... pure and simple!

This takes the cake for the worst post of the thread thus far, congratulations.

This topic seems to be about taunting and technicals. How often do the Patriots get a bad reputation for taunting? How often have they led the league in personal fouls?

The Yankees have won 1 World Series in 18 years so there's not much else to say on that part.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Post by bigburgboy »

alabama mike wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:10 pm Love the sarcasm of Burg Baskets and his topics!

Shoedaddy nailed it when he was talking about the best player on the floor, "You will be much louder if you say nothing at all. Don’t react to every call. Don’t stare down someone when you make a play. Say nothing, your game is way too good to be overshadowed by anything else." Just let your game do the talking.
Exactly, and that's Holden's biggest problem coming from a burg fan myself. He runs his mouth too much, he ought to let his game to all the talking. It'll end up biting him in the rear end

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:43 am Why defend Wheelersburg? Everyone hates the Yankees in pro baseball, why? THEY ARE WINNERS! Everyone in pro football hates the Patriots and Tom Brady, why? THEY ARE WINNERS! In our little spot of the world, Everyone hates Wheelersburg, why? Yep that’s right...THEY ARE W I N N E R S!!! Screw everyone else, this “COMMUNITY” has it “TOGETHER” and everyone else is jealous... pure and simple!
Haters gonna hate as I say... GO BURG

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

With as much as they win (and you're right about that. They win) you would think they would act like they have been there before...

Making offers you can't refuse
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Still don’t understand everyone running burg through a fine toothed comb. They did this, they do that, they send signals, they recruit and on and on...if everyone would spend more time critiquing their own schools and kids maybe their programs would improve! Give it a RESTTTTT!!! Check out the video on line from a couple games ago, up the river there,where the kid throws an elbow after the Holden dunk at the end of the game! (Luckily he missed) don’t see any references to that! Maybe through selective eyesight we don’t see the jawing and BS Holden deals with each game being a star on the “team” everyone hates!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Just a thought, but I wonder if his attitude and trash talking are coming from his AAU basketball? I'm sure when playing against the best of the best there is lots of jawing going on.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Bbjunky, Yankees...18 division titles, 40 AL pennants...27 World Series championships all records...lotta reason to hate! I noticed throughout this thread you’ve given your opinion on everything...who’s made an excellent post, who’s is bad...so I guess this makes you the “resident all knowledgeable expert of high school basketball” sorry we can’t all be perfect like you...I especially like your comments about the sophomore from burg who is no way a d1 or d2 prospect...classy! It’s ok though. Hey, you got any coffee? Give you piece of my cake!😂

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:24 am

This topic seems to be about taunting and technicals. How often do the Patriots get a bad reputation for taunting? How often have they led the league in personal fouls?

The Yankees have won 1 World Series in 18 years so there's not much else to say on that part.
Seeing that you are so very well-versed in all aspects regarding behavior during athletic competition you should clearly understand this post. First, the Patriots have been criticized for bad sportsmanship on multiple occassions, remember when Tom Brady refused a postgame handshake from Seahawks safety Richard Sherman? Also, Bill Belichick has been accused of being a cheater when winning and a whiner when losing. Second, most all great athletes play with an edge. I assume you are very aware of the trash-talk that came from basketball greats such as Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Kobe Bryant, etc. The sense of entitlement you display by choosing which post is best and worst is laughable. You are essentially criticizing Wheelersburg basketball players for acting entitled by disputing or questioning foul calls, yet you have taken it upon yourself to decide which post is best or worst on this thread. Third, regarding your assessment of JJ Truitt. I assume you know that attitude, effort, heart, knowledge of the game, and academic performance all play a role in the recruiting process, not just athletic ability alone. A coach's dream is to have a kid that is excellent in the classroom, shows up to practice 30 minutes early to get some work in, and stays an hour after practice to review film. Many D1 programs will take a kid as a walk-on that is an excellent student and displays the aforementioned effort. Your self-righteousness with how you address posters is just a tad bit much sometimes.

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Wheelersburg fans defending the behavior of their players? College and pro players do it, so it's ok :roll: Their "program" has created the culture. Their coaches encourage the behavior. Heck the player typically linked to the behavior's father has been on the bench as a coach most of his career. Who's the player running out on the field in football with a camera on his helmet? This same player. It isn't his fault, it's the adults around him and the win at all costs that Wheelersburg has become.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If Wheelersburg sucked....would this forum even be around anymore?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:51 pm

Seeing that you are so very well-versed in all aspects regarding behavior during athletic competition you should clearly understand this post. First, the Patriots have been criticized for bad sportsmanship on multiple occassions, remember when Tom Brady refused a postgame handshake from Seahawks safety Richard Sherman? Also, Bill Belichick has been accused of being a cheater when winning and a whiner when losing. Second, most all great athletes play with an edge. I assume you are very aware of the trash-talk that came from basketball greats such as Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Kobe Bryant, etc. The sense of entitlement you display by choosing which post is best and worst is laughable. You are essentially criticizing Wheelersburg basketball players for acting entitled by disputing or questioning foul calls, yet you have taken it upon yourself to decide which post is best or worst on this thread. Third, regarding your assessment of JJ Truitt. I assume you know that attitude, effort, heart, knowledge of the game, and academic performance all play a role in the recruiting process, not just athletic ability alone. A coach's dream is to have a kid that is excellent in the classroom, shows up to practice 30 minutes early to get some work in, and stays an hour after practice to review film. Many D1 programs will take a kid as a walk-on that is an excellent student and displays the aforementioned effort. Your self-righteousness with how you address posters is just a tad bit much sometimes.
I apologize for expressing an opinion that doesn't align directly with yours. I forgot that in today's times if you don't agree with somebody, then that means you're clearly in the wrong. I will work on agreeing with every single thing everybody says moving forward.
Last edited by bbjunky81 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

TCat wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:11 pm Wheelersburg fans defending the behavior of their players? College and pro players do it, so it's ok :roll: Their "program" has created the culture. Their coaches encourage the behavior. Heck the player typically linked to the behavior's father has been on the bench as a coach most of his career. Who's the player running out on the field in football with a camera on his helmet? This same player. It isn't his fault, it's the adults around him and the win at all costs that Wheelersburg has become.
The camera is given out to a different player each time they do it which isn't every game. Another case of someone jawing about something they know nothing about.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:17 pm

I apologize for expressing an opinion that doesn't align directly with yours. I forgot that in today's times if you don't agree with somebody, then that means you're clearly in the wrong. I will work on agreeing with every single thing everybody says moving forward.
South Webster’s state championship team was greatly overrated and had a weak bench

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:32 pm

South Webster’s state championship team was greatly overrated and had a weak bench
I am now obliged to agree with everything that you say. So now I'll say something on this forum that I never thought I would:

"I agree with Ironman92" :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:40 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:32 pm

I am now obliged to agree with everything that you say. So now I'll say something on this forum that I never thought I would:

"I agree with Ironman92" :lol:
Further proof that this place is falling apart

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Oh goodness. Satan is definitely not happy as it has frozen over!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Boys Basketball”