12-18 Wheelersburg vs Waverly

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: 12-18 Wheelersburg vs Waverly

Post by bbjunky81 »

Shoedaddy wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:43 am The Foul on Payton
I thought the foul on Payton was a foul. However in today’s basketball I’m not sure what that is anymore for a loose ball? A few plays earlier, Easton had a kid land on his head but it was a jump ball. So based on lasts nights crew it shouldn’t have been a foul.
His T
I thought it was deserved. While passionate and upset, & a bit dazed from the collision, he said, “That’s crazy”. Not toward the official just said it. A good crew would have warned him and if he said anything else T’ed him up. As his father, I was more disappointed in his reaction and we talked about cooler heads prevailing. Had he done something to show up the refs or an opponent, trust me, everyone would have heard me yell at him.
The student section
I love their enthusiasm and knowledge of the game. Their location and proximity to the court magnifies their every move. Keep them off the floor, make them start in the second row, and allow them to be kids. I’d rather they attend a basketball game then be out running around.

Waverly does need consistent scoring and I’m not sure how they get that?
The best player on the court
Don’t want to say his name because that is unfair to the “kid”. You will be much louder if you say nothing at all. Don’t react to every call. Don’t stare down someone when you make a play. Say nothing, your game is way too good to be overshadowed by anything else.
Fantastic and classy post all around. Well done.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:45 am
I thought the foul on Payton was a foul. However in today’s basketball I’m not sure what that is anymore for a loose ball? A few plays earlier, Easton had a kid land on his head but it was a jump ball. So based on lasts nights crew it shouldn’t have been a foul.
His T
I thought it was deserved. While passionate and upset, & a bit dazed from the collision, he said, “That’s crazy”. Not toward the official just said it. A good crew would have warned him and if he said anything else T’ed him up. As his father, I was more disappointed in his reaction and we talked about cooler heads prevailing. Had he done something to show up the refs or an opponent, trust me, everyone would have heard me yell at him.
The student section
I love their enthusiasm and knowledge of the game. Their location and proximity to the court magnifies their every move. Keep them off the floor, make them start in the second row, and allow them to be kids. I’d rather they attend a basketball game then be out running around.

Don’t want to say his name because that is unfair to the “kid”. You will be much louder if you say nothing at all. Don’t react to every call. Don’t stare down someone when you make a play. Say nothing, your game is way too good to be overshadowed by anything else.
Fantastic and classy post all around. Well done.

Yes it was

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Look forward to catching this game later in the season, as some people have stated and I agree with Waverly has to find that go to guy. If they can't run and get those buckets they simply struggle offensively in a half court set.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

His T
The student section

Great post. I thought #2 for Waverly played a solid game. Honestly, I found the game entertaining to watch. I don't get bent out of shape too much with the kids on the court, as long as they can turn it off after the game. I always watch the shaking of hands to see if there's a kid who can't do that. Both teams were well represented during that time. To me there's where true character shows up.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:50 am
His T
The student section

Great post. I thought #2 for Waverly played a solid game. Honestly, I found the game entertaining to watch. I don't get bent out of shape too much with the kids on the court, as long as they can turn it off after the game. I always watch the shaking of hands to see if there's a kid who can't do that. Both teams were well represented during that time. To me there's where true character shows up.
I agree with you on that, seen a game last week where a young man fouled out and hit the chair and his coach was talking with him. During the hand shakes, he never said a word to anyone not even a coach and once the cheerleaders went through the line he simply turned and walked away from them while the rest of his team continued congratulating the girls as well.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Next meeting on February 1st should be a good one.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

His T
The student section

And now you have the rest of the story....

I would have picked a different user name for you. Virgil Flowers comes to mind.

The picture of Payton reminded me of Dellavedova vs The Hawks from the playoffs a few years ago. :-).

Is it too cold for a quick 9?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

His T
The student section

They should be able to "turn it off" during the game. You would think true character would show the whole game, not just in the handshake line.

If I am a fan, I would want my team to be talked about in a positive manner instead of after every victory having to talk about negative things on the court.

It is refreshing to see that a lot of fans don't agree with the behavior during games. Maybe the coaching staff or administration will get it cleaned up before long.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BBALL99 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:24 pm
His T
The student section

They should be able to "turn it off" during the game. You would think true character would show the whole game, not just in the handshake line.

If I am a fan, I would want my team to be talked about in a positive manner instead of after every victory having to talk about negative things on the court.

It is refreshing to see that a lot of fans don't agree with the behavior during games. Maybe the coaching staff or administration will get it cleaned up before long.
It just reminds me so much of how everyone talked about P. East football teams the last few years. With the overall attitudes and penalties they would get every game, a lot of it because they simply couldn't keep their cool. It became a running joke for a long time on this forum and now I'm afraid it's looking like Burg is falling right in lines with that only in basketball. Hope that puts it in perspective for some people.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BBALL99 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:24 pm
His T
The student section

Whatever man. You ask kids to battle for a win and expect them to be all smiles? Burg gets talked about no matter what. You seem to have an agenda with this topic. Your previous posts state you weren't at the game so how can you comment? My senses say you have a bone to pick with the burg coach. Perhaps you were a former player or coach.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Perfection is a tough standard.

Only one man was ever able to obtain it.

He was crucified because of it.

Not a very good incentive program.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

I was at the game, and my only issue is that it is obvious Holden is the best player out there. Will not take anything away from him, but he is not a coach. The referees do not need to answer him after every single call they make. Maybe once or twice if it’s legit, but he does this every time and has done it every time for the last couple years.

Again, not hating, or taking away from his game as he has worked very hard to be the player he is today. Just don’t see why if you’re already that good, why you would need the extra help or feel like you deserve an explanation for everything the referee calls.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigGuy10 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:28 pm I was at the game, and my only issue is that it is obvious Holden is the best player out there. Will not take anything away from him, but he is not a coach. The referees do not need to answer him after every single call they make. Maybe once or twice if it’s legit, but he does this every time and has done it every time for the last couple years.

Again, not hating, or taking away from his game as he has worked very hard to be the player he is today. Just don’t see why if you’re already that good, why you would need the extra help or feel like you deserve an explanation for everything the referee calls.
Honestly, he seems as if he can't stop doing it. Spoke with a couple of referees about him. They are always looking to T him up, but he's done that to himself. However, making a look, is not against the rules.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Not sure how I can make a poll. There needs to be a weekly pool on BURG TOPIC OF THE WEEK. Every week there is a new complaint or accusation about Wheelersburg when all they try to do is WIN, and usually do. Previous TOPICS OF THE WEEK over past 6 weeks have included:

* Burg Band Members Ran Off
* Recruiting D1 Superstars
* Picture Guy Mic'd Up
* One Sided Smack Talking
* Student Section Wearing Boots
* I'm sure there have been many more in past 6 weeks that I have forgotten.

I am thinking that future topics may include: * Burg thinking that they are "all that"; * Bypass like the SOC runs through Burg by the new beer store; * The color orange is too bright; I am sure many, many more "valid concerns" will be forthcoming by haters

GO BURG!

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

BurgBaskets wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 pm Not sure how I can make a poll. There needs to be a weekly pool on BURG TOPIC OF THE WEEK. Every week there is a new complaint or accusation about Wheelersburg when all they try to do is WIN, and usually do. Previous TOPICS OF THE WEEK over past 6 weeks have included:

* Picture Guy Mic'd Up

I am thinking that future topics may include: * Burg thinking that they are "all that"; * Bypass like the SOC runs through Burg by the new beer store; * The color orange is too bright; I am sure many, many more "valid concerns" will be forthcoming by haters

GO BURG!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BurgBaskets wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 pm Not sure how I can make a poll. There needs to be a weekly pool on BURG TOPIC OF THE WEEK. Every week there is a new complaint or accusation about Wheelersburg when all they try to do is WIN, and usually do. Previous TOPICS OF THE WEEK over past 6 weeks have included:

* Picture Guy Mic'd Up

GO BURG!
It sounds as if the court antics are a bit much (don’t know as I haven’t seen).....but I like your post lol ...”student section wearing boots made me lol

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Love the sarcasm of Burg Baskets and his topics!

Shoedaddy nailed it when he was talking about the best player on the floor, "You will be much louder if you say nothing at all. Don’t react to every call. Don’t stare down someone when you make a play. Say nothing, your game is way too good to be overshadowed by anything else." Just let your game do the talking.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Intense game from start to finish. Burg had the Tigers right where they wanted them and let the lead fade quickly in the second half. Burg is definitely the clear favorite in the SOC this year.

Seeing the Tigers claw back late in the game and very close to gaining the lead shows what this team is about. They will come out every night and give max effort the full game. Are they a great basketball team? No, at least not yet. But they will continue to give any team they face a challenge because of effort. As others have stated they need another consistent go to scorer. But glad to see Shanks back on the floor and contributing. I think if he is able to stay healthy, he could be a very big piece for this team going forward.

Looking forward to the rematch later in the year. Will be curious to see how these teams develop as the year goes on.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:42 am While there was nothing flagrant or anything like that, I think the tensions got high early by all of the fouling of Holden by Waverly. Waverly had 3 different guys guarding Holden in the first quarter and each of them picked up 2 fouls. So the tone early was that they were going to foul him every time he was in a scoring position.

No doubt about that, also #12 for Waverly blocked Holden shot early in the game and he taunted Holden by getting in his face and said something to Holden, then Holden shook his head and starting talking back, I disagree with him talking back by the way, I would just answer with they way he played on the court and took over the game....

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:06 pm
4thgoal wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:42 am While there was nothing flagrant or anything like that, I think the tensions got high early by all of the fouling of Holden by Waverly. Waverly had 3 different guys guarding Holden in the first quarter and each of them picked up 2 fouls. So the tone early was that they were going to foul him every time he was in a scoring position.

No doubt about that, also #12 for Waverly blocked Holden shot early in the game and he taunted Holden by getting in his face and said something to Holden, then Holden shook his head and starting talking back, I disagree with him talking back by the way, I would just answer with they way he played on the court and took over the game....
So they blocked two of his shots in the first half? I ask because I seen a video on Facebook of # 23 blocking his shot without taunting Holden.

Return to “Boys Basketball”