Freshman Team

Gallia Academy@ Ironton

Post by SEOAL74 »

Thoughts on this matchup?

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Re: Gallia Academy@ Ironton

Post by SEOAL74 »

This should be good test for the Blue Devils first league game on the road. I see the Blue Devils winning this one by 15 plus points. Blue Devils just too much for Tigers!

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Going with Gallia in this one, ironton has hustlers and will compete with anyone but height in loveday will prevail in the end.

You can't handle the truth
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

For Ironton to win.
1. Put your best 3 point shooters on the floor... Have to make 3's
2. One big in front another behind Loveday entire game on defense. make someone else beat you.
3.Make 3's force loveday out then take it to the hoop

blackraider
Riding the Bench

Post by blackraider »

Ironton will play Loveday VERY PHYSICAL-guarantee it.

The voice of the PEOPLE
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gallia by 17

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I'm calling the upset. Ironton 51-47.....

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

The four starters with Loveday are pretty good they all can score the basketball and are very good on defense. This is not just a one man team. Yes Loveday is the go to guy, but the other kids on this team can score as well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton in the upset

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Ironton will play them tough for awhile but I can see Gallia pulling away in the 4th. I can see this game getting chippy and physical real quick.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

GA wins this one!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Gallia by a lot

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think ironton will play the same defense in this game that they played at Gallia a year ago. It was the flattest zone I have scene in my entire life.

If they can run it and play it that well. Gallia will be forced to shoot jump shots all night. I can’t reme if it was a 2-1-2 or 2-3. But maybe the upfront kids played at most 12 feet from basket and on the wings maybe at most out 10 feet.

Think Gallia wins but ironton will have a plan that will make Gallia come up with a different strategy to win.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Gallia is not even close to being the team Fairland was last 2 years. Fairland had the complete package... Fairland could lose a player or 2 and still be just as good and they did.. Gallia ever loses Loveday over foul trouble or injury, god forbid, there done... Also any team who has a big to match up with Loveday, Gallia turns into an average team..just my opinion..I've been wrong before....All I'm saying is Gallia may get by with feeding Loveday the ball and him score 30 plus points a game against SEO teams who have no one over 6'4 but the 1st time they run into a team who has a 6'7 or 6'8 kid who's half way athletic the other 4 better figure out real quick how to win the game or it's gona be OVA....That's why I'm picking Ironton to win..I think they'll pound on Loveday...…. Sheridan, Logan, and Wheelersburg in my opinion are the BIG 3 in SEO.....Gallia not in top 8

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

mrwonderful wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:41 pm For Ironton to win.
1. Put your best 3 point shooters on the floor... Have to make 3's
2. One big in front another behind Loveday entire game on defense. make someone else beat you.
3.Make 3's force loveday out then take it to the hoop
Irontons 13-23 in two games from the three point line.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

This GALlIA team played Fairland last year @ Gallipolis to a 2 point game and Fairland had to make 2 big time 3’s to beat them. Loveday out played Fairland big 6’8’ boy who was all OHIO and the rest of Gallia players held their own against Fairland. People are going to fine out this Gallia team is the real deal. Any of their starters can score 10 to 15 points on any give night. They start 3 seniors who have played at Varsity level since Freshmen and 2 juniors Loveday who is one of the juniors who has started since freshmen the other juniors was first one off bench last year was like a six starter. I saw this team play this summer against top notch teams in Columbus and they played really well and beat a lot of teams up their. If you don’t think this team can ball you should have been at Portsmouth and saw them play a very athletic team from Columbus, Ohio in Afrocentric. As I have said before if you are going to beat this team you better beat them before they peak.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

SEOAL74 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:55 am This GALlIA team played Fairland last year @ Gallipolis to a 2 point game and Fairland had to make 2 big time 3’s to beat them. Loveday out played Fairland big 6’8’ boy who was all OHIO and the rest of Gallia players held their own against Fairland. People are going to fine out this Gallia team is the real deal. Any of their starters can score 10 to 15 points on any give night. They start 3 seniors who have played at Varsity level since Freshmen and 2 juniors Loveday who is one of the juniors who has started since freshmen the other juniors was first one off bench last year was like a six starter. I saw this team play this summer against top notch teams in Columbus and they played really well and beat a lot of teams up their. If you don’t think this team can ball you should have been at Portsmouth and saw them play a very athletic team from Columbus, Ohio in Afrocentric. As I have said before if you are going to beat this team you better beat them before they peak.
Out played Van Horn?

Fairland @ GA (02-06-18)
Loveday - 11pts (4-9FG, 0-1 3's) 8rebs 2blks
Van Horn - 12pts (4-9FG, 2-4 3's ) 5rebs 3blks

The 1st matchup of the season @Fairland GA got crushed 97-50. Van Horn had limited minutes. His 1st game back from injury.

I'll give credit to GA (@GA) for not throwing in the towel. They were down by 18pts early in the 3rd qtr.

Post by Firebreather »

I agree! Blowout at Fairland and Gallia came back and made it a game at home but he DID NOT outplay Vanhorn.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

GA by 20

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:08 am
SEOAL74 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:55 am This GALlIA team played Fairland last year @ Gallipolis to a 2 point game and Fairland had to make 2 big time 3’s to beat them. Loveday out played Fairland big 6’8’ boy who was all OHIO and the rest of Gallia players held their own against Fairland. People are going to fine out this Gallia team is the real deal. Any of their starters can score 10 to 15 points on any give night. They start 3 seniors who have played at Varsity level since Freshmen and 2 juniors Loveday who is one of the juniors who has started since freshmen the other juniors was first one off bench last year was like a six starter. I saw this team play this summer against top notch teams in Columbus and they played really well and beat a lot of teams up their. If you don’t think this team can ball you should have been at Portsmouth and saw them play a very athletic team from Columbus, Ohio in Afrocentric. As I have said before if you are going to beat this team you better beat them before they peak.
Out played Van Horn?

Fairland @ GA (02-06-18)
Loveday - 11pts (4-9FG, 0-1 3's) 8rebs 2blks
Van Horn - 12pts (4-9FG, 2-4 3's ) 5rebs 3blks

The 1st matchup of the season @Fairland GA got crushed 97-50. Van Horn had limited minutes. His 1st game back from injury.

I'll give credit to GA (@GA) for not throwing in the towel. They were down by 18pts early in the 3rd qtr.
If I recall it was 2 years ago van horn came back in first game back and had limited in that game fairland last year van horn had 2 fouls in like first 4 possessions and another one before half but it didn’t matter fairland crushed them.

But also Gallia played to different game plans at fairland they just went out and tried to just play. Fairland tore them up as they had the prior 2 meetings the year before. At Gallia the blue devils changed the game plan and played well.

Fairland was way better then Gallia early last season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”