Freshman Team

Logan Elm @ Fairfield Union 12/14

Post by TravisHill222 »

Thoughts on this key MSL game?

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Re: Logan Elm @ Fairfield Union 12/14

Post by BUCKEYES »

If LE continues their slow start ways they will be in trouble. I dont think they can recover from the slow start with Fairfield.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Interesting game, but I think the Falcons get a 6 point win.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BUCKEYES wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 am If LE continues their slow start ways they will be in trouble. I dont think they can recover from the slow start with Fairfield.
FU shot 3/22 in the first half against B-C, for what it’s worth. They only have one consistent motor right now, and it’s Evan Conley.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:26 am
BUCKEYES wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 am If LE continues their slow start ways they will be in trouble. I dont think they can recover from the slow start with Fairfield.
FU shot 3/22 in the first half against B-C, for what it’s worth. They only have one consistent motor right now, and it’s Evan Conley.
That “one consistent motor “ was shut down Tuesday night by a good Academy team but FU has lots of other parts that stepped up and won anyway. Just sayin’.........

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Smeltzy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:31 am
formerfcfan wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:26 am
That “one consistent motor “ was shut down Tuesday night by a good Academy team but FU has lots of other parts that stepped up and won anyway. Just sayin’.........
He had nine points. Debatable if that’s being “shut down.” Academy is decent, but nothing special. They will probably finish third or fourth in their league.

I’ll stand by what I said. FU is going to go as far as the supporting cast can take them. Harrah and Poston are both fine players, but FU needs good games out of them every game. That’s my point. They’re well-coached, but they need consistent contributions toward a winning effort on both sides of the court. BC beat them with only four players notching the scores column, c’mon.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

I’m not going to get in a pissing match with you. On most points
You are spot on. I would also point out that against BC they were without Poston and Baker. It’s a long season and nobody thinks FU will 4 peat anyway. Just play ball and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to FC.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Fair enough; my apologies.

Good luck to FU this year. I’ll be excited to see them in the Convo, again!

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union 62
Logan Elm 39

Nice win for the falcons. Big games for Conley (25) and Harrah (20).

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Smeltzy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:33 pm Fairfield Union 62
Logan Elm 39

Nice win for the falcons. Big games for Conley (25) and Harrah (20).
Great win for FU. I just ripped my MCL trying to fit my foot into my mouth.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Geesh!

Big ol margin

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Smeltzy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:22 pm I’m not going to get in a pissing match with you. On most points
You are spot on. I would also point out that against BC they were without Poston and Baker. It’s a long season and nobody thinks FU will 4 peat anyway. Just play ball and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to FC.
I picked Teays and Fairfield to share the league before the season started.

Conley and Huston are capable of combining for 30-40 per night and if they can some from Poston and a few from the other guys, they're going to be in every game with the type of defense they are capable of playing.

This was a one-point game at halftime. Folks sometimes forget that, while Logan Elm is skilled, they're also playing a ton of sophomores. They're as strong as sophomores and not very tall playing against stronger, taller juniors and seniors. Match that with skill, like what Conley has, and that can create trouble for them if they can't knock down their shots.

Logan Elm is going to be better than last year. I feel they're around a 12-14 win team. Hopefully the sophomores will grow some in the offseason and get stronger and take the next step in 2020.

joemama
Riding the Bench

Post by joemama »

Did FU just bully them? Coach Eversole always does a nice job and use to have Coach Goodyear with him (haven't seen them play in a couple of years- he may still be there).

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Yes, Goodyear is still there helping Coach Eversole. The bully thing, not so sure about that. He is just a very meticulous, smart coach.

Return to “Boys Basketball”