Southern v Eastern: The Aftermath

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Southern v Eastern: The Aftermath

Post by Almost Champions »

How did we let that bunch of hillbillies beat us in basketball? Back in the day, that never happened. When we almost won state we always housed Eastern.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Re: Southern v Eastern: The Aftermath

Post by Jim Ryan »

Almost Champions wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:45 pm How did we let that bunch of hillbillies beat us in basketball? Back in the day, that never happened. When we almost won state we always housed Eastern.
We need a leader that really wants to be here and not looking for other jobs. Back in the state days coach ( Carl) Wolfe was in it for the long haul and the players and community knew that.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Jim Ryan wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:48 pm
Almost Champions wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:45 pm How did we let that bunch of hillbillies beat us in basketball? Back in the day, that never happened. When we almost won state we always housed Eastern.
We need a leader that really wants to be here and not looking for other jobs. Back in the state days coach ( Carl) Wolfe was in it for the long haul and the players and community knew that.
I guess that is why he left and went to Waverly, Clay, Meigs, and I am sure I am missing 1 or 2 other schools. Carl Wolfe was only in it for himself!! LOL

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:55 pm
I guess that is why he left and went to Waverly, Clay, Meigs, and I am sure I am missing 1 or 2 other schools. Carl Wolfe was only in it for himself!! LOL
He was at Racine for many years. He cared about the program and the kids. That's why he's back now. So don't give me that hater BS.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Does anyone know how to defend the hook and ladder play?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Don't try and reason with idiots baseball16. Facts are not of import to morons.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Fonzie wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 pm

I see, haters abound. So, what years did you two prize winners take teams on a long tourny run and almost win the state?

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Dont get on hear and be badmouthing coach wolfe. He is dern near the only reason i got a diploma.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Jim Ryan wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:13 pm

I see, haters abound. So, what years did you two prize winners take teams on a long tourny run and almost win the state?
Oh so you're Carl Wolfe? If not, then please let us know when you took a team to the state championship.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Fonzie wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Oh so you're Carl Wolfe? If not, then please let us know when you took a team to the state championship.
I'm not the one on here hating, nor winning the prize for hating on a hall of fame coach. That would be you and your hero. So, when did you take a team to nearly win the whole state since you're criticizing a coach that did.

Cousin H
Waterboy

Post by Cousin H »

I doubt Coach Carl is on here. But if he was he would tell you we were a great set of teams back in the 80s and we almost won it. In addition, we sure as heck didnt lose to the likes of eastern

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

From waht I have read I am betting Fonzie played at Meigs. Go ahead Fonz. Tell us all about the great success you enjoyed at meggs.

buck-country
Waterboy

Post by buck-country »

Heard Eastern is going for the clean sweep this year: Football, 2 in basketball and 2 in baseball :mrgreen:

"Hillbillies" will run the hook and ladder on you all year!

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Almost Champions wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:31 pm From waht I have read I am betting Fonzie played at Meigs. Go ahead Fonz. Tell us all about the great success you enjoyed at meggs.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Jim Ryan wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:26 pm

I'm not the one on here hating, nor winning the prize for hating on a hall of fame coach. That would be you and your hero. So, when did you take a team to nearly win the whole state since you're criticizing a coach that did.
Identify where Coach Wolfe was criticized. If you mean where another poster stated in facts in which he left Southern, and coached at other schools, yes I did agree with that statement. The facts. Coach Wolfe definitely coached some great teams in the past. Which is exactly that, in the past. Holds no bearing on the present day.

Furthermore, you are incorrect, I was not nor have I ever been a Marauder or an Eagle. If you want to keep trolling the site, go ahead and continue.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Fonzie wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:17 pm

Identify where Coach Wolfe was criticized. If you mean where another poster stated in facts in which he left Southern, and coached at other schools, yes I did agree with that statement. The facts. Coach Wolfe definitely coached some great teams in the past. Which is exactly that, in the past. Holds no bearing on the present day.

Furthermore, you are incorrect, I was not nor have I ever been a Marauder or an Eagle. If you want to keep trolling the site, go ahead and continue.
Yes, you jumped in with your hero when he mentioned that coach Wolfe had left. It was an attempted slam of the coach his part and you referred to me as an idiot for some reason. Your pal left out the fact that the coach was at Racine for a few decades+ before he left and had coached some mighty fine teams. Finally, you admitted you're not from Eastern, nor Meigs, so are you from Southern? If not, who's the "troll"?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Jim Ryan wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Yes, you jumped in with your hero when he mentioned that coach Wolfe had left. It was an attempted slam of the coach his part and you referred to me as an idiot for some reason. Your pal left out the fact that the coach was at Racine for a few decades+ before he left and had coached some mighty fine teams. Finally, you admitted you're not from Eastern, nor Meigs, so are you from Southern? If not, who's the "troll"?

I did attend Southern. Coach Wolfe did coach for a while, then left. (as stated) I believe you misread, I referenced the term "moron" to the individuals that like to post ridiculous crab that holds no bearing on the current teams. Southern had great teams, yes. Those teams are not a topic of discussion on this site. If you'd like to post reasonable information about this years team, feel free, and I look forward to it. However, the morons who refer to "Howie's son" and so on (after numerous correction from others), those posters are useless to this site.

Have a nice day, fellas. I'm going back to a thread that might have some sort of useful insight and discussion.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Fonzie wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:36 pm
Jim Ryan wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:25 pm

I did attend Southern. Coach Wolfe did coach for a while, then left. (as stated) I believe you misread, I referenced the term "moron" to the individuals that like to post ridiculous crab that holds no bearing on the current teams. Southern had great teams, yes. Those teams are not a topic of discussion on this site. If you'd like to post reasonable information about this years team, feel free, and I look forward to it. However, the morons who refer to "Howie's son" and so on (after numerous correction from others), those posters are useless to this site.

Have a nice day, fellas. I'm going back to a thread that might have some sort of useful insight and discussion.
So teams of the past are off limits on this site? And no one can mention Howie or any Caldwell coaching at any school either? Those are Fonzie's rules I gather. Well then, glad you're moving to a different thread. While you're at it post what you wish and we won't tell you that what you post is "not a topic of discussion on this site" cause, well because we don't make the rules and we don't try to tell people what not to post about. Good luck in the future and thanks for ceasing the Carl bashing. ;)

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Eastern played very well and were well coached. Southern seemed to just be going through the motions and played horrible help defense.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I hope I'm not guilty if I say that I spoke to and talked to Carl at Rio Grande this past Saturday. I've also known Carl for a few years now.

Return to “Boys Basketball”