Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

Post by pfloyd »

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1...

1. Logan (1-1)
2. Gallia Academy (2-1)
3. Sheridan (3-0)
4. Zane Trace (3-1)
5. Chillicothe (3-1)
6. Jackson (2-1)
7. Warren (2-1)
8. Wheelersburg (0-0)

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

Waverly (1-1)/ Athens (2-2)
Eastern Brown (2-0)
Ironton (1-0)
Eastern Pike (1-1)
Portsmouth (3-0)
Oak Hill (3-0)
Chesapeake (2-1)
Logan Elm (2-1)
Fairfield Union (1-1)
Fairfield Leesburg (2-1)
Whiteoak (2-1)
Unioto (1-2)
North Adams (3-0)
Washington Court House (2-1)
Vinton County (1-1)
Fairland (2-1)
South Webster (2-1)
Waterford (2-0)
Paint Valley (2-2)
New Boston (2-1)
Adena (2-1)
Alexander (3-0)
McClain (3-0)
Piketon (2-3)
Trimble (0-0)
Circleville (2-2)
Meigs (2-2)
Marietta (1-1)
Peebles (0-2)
Green (3-2)
Western Pike (1-0)
Coal Grove (2-1)
Minford (0-2)
South Point (0-1)
Lucasville Valley (1-2)
Lynchburg Clay (1-3)
West Union (2-2)
Southeastern (1-3)
Hillsboro (2-3)
Westfall (1-2)
St. Joseph (2-1)
New Lexington (0-3)
Portsmouth West (2-0)
Rock Hill (3-0)
Nelsonville York (3-0)
South Gallia (2-1)
Portsmouth Clay (2-2)
Reedsville Eastern (2-1)
Miami Trace (0-3)
Manchester (1-3)
Belpre (1-3)
Wellston (0-3)
Federal Hocking (0-2)
Crooksville (1-1)
Huntington (0-4)
Symmes Valley (0-4)
Northwest (1-3)

... Teams on the End Table ...

Southern (0-3)
Miller (0-3)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (0-2)
Portsmouth East (0-1)
River Valley (0-3)
Wahama (0-2)

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

Post by mattash »

FYI, you can guys can share this on FB, Twitter or Reddit if you would like. All you have to do is hit the FB or Twitter Icon at the bottom of the poll (next to the dancing Hippo)

Great job PFloyd

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Still disagree with Oak Hill being below eastern pike but time will tell. Big game against the Burg Tuesday night. Gonna be a helluva game. Overall looks great Pfloyd!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Looks good Pfloyd!

Thanks for all you do for HS Hoops in Southeast Ohio!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I know its very early in the year, but a little surprised that Waverly stayed at No 9 after losing to South Webster at Waverly and Webster staying at No 26. Jackson staying at No 6 after losing to No 32 Greenfield McClain. Oak Hill also beating Eastern Pike at Eastern but still behind them. A lot of basketball yet to be played. Good job as always Pfloyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

SOC94 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:35 pm Still disagree with Oak Hill being below eastern pike but time will tell. Big game against the Burg Tuesday night. Gonna be a helluva game. Overall looks great Pfloyd!
... the Oaks are getting closer ! this would be the week for "changing" places as the Burg plays at Oak Hill, Eastern vs Green Tuesday night ... Oak Hill @ Minford Friday night while Eastern Pike travels to Western Pike ... will be watching the rundowns for these games for sure Tuesday & Friday night ... Pfloyd will be in Beaver for the Eagles entertaining Green Tuesday night - I want to get "eyes on" the Eagles and the Bobcats ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:58 pm I know its very early in the year, but a little surprised that Waverly stayed at No 9 after losing to South Webster at Waverly and Webster staying at No 26. Jackson staying at No 6 after losing to No 32 Greenfield McClain. Oak Hill also beating Eastern Pike at Eastern but still behind them. A lot of basketball yet to be played. Good job as always Pfloyd.

... Waverly dropped out of the Elite 8 from #6 - #9 ... South Webster lost to Fairland on Tuesday night (38-51) before getting the OT win @ Waverly wanted to move them up higher but the 13 point loss to Fairland held them back ... still went from #27-#26 ... the wins early in the season don't disappear ! as we move along and the records start to tell us more (as well as the teams played) if/when South Webster continues UP the rankings as they approach Waverly THAT "W" AT Waverly will factor in much more in the committee of one's thinking - my thinking ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:12 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:58 pm I know its very early in the year, but a little surprised that Waverly stayed at No 9 after losing to South Webster at Waverly and Webster staying at No 26. Jackson staying at No 6 after losing to No 32 Greenfield McClain. Oak Hill also beating Eastern Pike at Eastern but still behind them. A lot of basketball yet to be played. Good job as always Pfloyd.

... Waverly dropped out of the Elite 8 from #6 - #9 ... South Webster lost to Fairland on Tuesday night (38-51) before getting the OT win @ Waverly wanted to move them up higher but the 13 point loss to Fairland held them back ... still went from #27-#26 ... the wins early in the season don't disappear ! as we move along and the records start to tell us more (as well as the teams played) if/when South Webster continues UP the rankings as they approach Waverly THAT "W" AT Waverly will factor in much more in the committee of one's thinking - my thinking ...
... by the way McClain "ain't" a #32 team - they were a definite question mark in my mind entering the season - I saw them beat Westfall in their opening game - McClain will continue to get better and better as the year goes along, they will continue to move UP the rankings - easily a top 20 team ... Coach Stewart will push them into the top 20 sooner than later ... Mischal,Carter,Penwell, Banks,Badgley can play with/for anyone - excellent group of athletes right there imo ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Pfloyd Tour makes the long trek Tuesday night to see Eastern Pike vs Green, Friday to Jackson for the Ironmen vs Washington CH, then an Elite 8 matchup between Chillicothe @ Logan Saturday night ... looking forward to seeing all of these teams with the only team I've seen so far in this group is Logan ... the "eye test" matters ...

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

When you planning on catching an Oaks game? Hammond and Darby are fun to watch.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Like I said earlier, you do a great job Pfloyd. A lot of us experts pick one game where as you have a lot of stats to go on as well as the all important eye test. Really look forward to your rankings each and every week.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

great job pfloyd, nice to see the Trojans off to a 3-0 start.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Come Dec. 28th gonna have a showdown! If both teams don’t give up a game before then 1 Logan vs. 2 Gallia Academy. Arguably the best game in southeast Ohio all year. Bo Myers of Logan is probably the best all around player I’ve seen in years and Loveday is one of the best bigs I’ve see in years!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VC - 23rd
Alex - 31st

What the what?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

SOC94 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:29 pm When you planning on catching an Oaks game? Hammond and Darby are fun to watch.

... I had this part of my travels mapped out before the season started ... I WILL get out to see Oak Hill for sure ! Coach Persin's Oaks are a must see for pfloyd every year - Coach Persin teaches/coaches the game based on fundamentals at both ends - tempo, fundamentals, game plans to take away what the opponent wants to do ... I totally enjoy watching a coach who has over 740 "Ws" in his coaching career - he knows what he is doing LOL ...

... I will look at the rankings after this week and plan out the next couple weeks of the Pfloyd Tour ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm seriously calling Mrs. Floyd to make sure you're ok, Floyd.

You can't have VC over Alex after they go into the Vikings house and win to remain unbeaten on the year. You just can't. Completely unfair. lol
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good job.

Rock Hill seems like a top 40 team. Alexander should be higher I feel.

Cream will rise.

BTW....Lynchburg got Pierson back but I think you have them close to where they should be. Hillsboro lost a top scorer in Keets.

Court House seems like they should be higher for sure

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

My Whiteoak boys are too high but hopefully they work their way toward that ranking

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Having VC over Alex would be like the playoff committee having Michigan above Ohio State in the final rankings.

That is all

Oh, wait, Pfloyd - you are banned from the Alley.

Now, that is all.

Lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:45 pm I'm seriously calling Mrs. Floyd to make sure you're ok, Floyd.

You can't have VC over Alex after they go into the Vikings house and win to remain unbeaten on the year. You just can't. Completely unfair. lol
... LOL ... saw the game ... great game by both teams ... Alexander "held on" for the 1 point W ... 3 more seconds and the shot from the elbow was a layup for the win ... seriously though 2 excellent teams - Alexander WILL continue to go up the rankings - it's been only 8 days of hoops action ! I feel better about where the teams are ranked as the adjustments are getting there from the preseason rankings ... Vinton County @ Athens this coming Friday night - BIG Game !!! ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”