Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

Post by basketball12349 »

Bigbluefan12 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:29 am
basketball12349 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:32 pm Pfloyd, Alexander is going to shock you. I follow the Spartans pretty close and went to the Gallia-Alexander scrimmage. Alexander won 3 out of the 6 quarters they played and tied them one quarter. Now that’s only a scrimmage and all but dang. This team can match up with anybody. Height? Caleb Terry. Speed? Jk Kearns. Shooting? Kam Riley. Drive? Stone Markins. All around player? Dylan Mecum. This is a good team and I’m excited to see them throughout the season. It will be a good one. Deep bench too which showed in the VC game. All were subbed before then end of the first quarter and were still pulling away with the lead. Excited to watch them climb.

Gallia didn’t have 3 of the 5 starters and had none of the football players for this scrimmage. If they would have played it would have been a whole different scrimmage
Either way a small D3 school almost a D4 going against a decent size D2 school and doing that at their place is impressive. Have to give it to the kids. They had good competition. And the Loveday/Terry match up was good to watch. Terry had four points and Loveday had seven. Wish they would play in the regular season.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

basketball12349 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 am
Bigbluefan12 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:29 am
basketball12349 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:32 pm Pfloyd, Alexander is going to shock you. I follow the Spartans pretty close and went to the Gallia-Alexander scrimmage. Alexander won 3 out of the 6 quarters they played and tied them one quarter. Now that’s only a scrimmage and all but dang. This team can match up with anybody. Height? Caleb Terry. Speed? Jk Kearns. Shooting? Kam Riley. Drive? Stone Markins. All around player? Dylan Mecum. This is a good team and I’m excited to see them throughout the season. It will be a good one. Deep bench too which showed in the VC game. All were subbed before then end of the first quarter and were still pulling away with the lead. Excited to watch them climb.

Gallia didn’t have 3 of the 5 starters and had none of the football players for this scrimmage. If they would have played it would have been a whole different scrimmage
Either way a small D3 school almost a D4 going against a decent size D2 school and doing that at their place is impressive. Have to give it to the kids. They had good competition. And the Loveday/Terry match up was good to watch. Terry had four points and Loveday had seven. Wish they would play in the regular season.
Alexander is literally 5 boys away from being Division 2 and 79 away from being Division 4. Only 30 boys smaller than Gallia.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alexander was D2 in soccer.
It goes in cycles, but this has been of the bigger classes for sure the last couple years.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Let's see if Burg is ready. Big battle with Oak Hill

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I view the first few weeks of the rankings in here as the college football polls, you need to put certain teams in certain spots and it usually sorts its self after a few weeks

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Pfloyd, This may not be the place to mention this ,but; Beau Justice of Valdosta State just set record for scoring (47 points,12 threes including 9 threes in a row.) Gulf coast record for threes for the 6th rated undefeated Blazers.Peebles boy is representing Southeastern Ohio pretty well I would say.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:59 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:52 pm Alex won't need much time to impress the committee.
They get a sneaky talented team in Meigs on Friday, (2-0) Waterford Saturday, and then the showdown with Athens next Fri.

Three quality opponents in the next 10 days.
Meigs needs to get over the hump a bit. Some good talent but a lot of youth
Meigs beat Marietta tonight. That qualify?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Burg showing why they are elite 8

Michael Scott
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:52 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:59 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:52 pm Alex won't need much time to impress the committee.
They get a sneaky talented team in Meigs on Friday, (2-0) Waterford Saturday, and then the showdown with Athens next Fri.

Three quality opponents in the next 10 days.
Meigs needs to get over the hump a bit. Some good talent but a lot of youth
Meigs beat Marietta tonight. That qualify?
Yes...especially since Marietta knocked off Warren

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What about some Adena basketball,lot of points tonight

Michael Scott
sportzfan
Waterboy

Post by sportzfan »

Either there are a whole lot of upsets or you don’t really analyze teams as you put on. After all, who would presume to know all of these teams and rank them as if careful consideration of each team is really occurring.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

sportzfan wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:24 pm Either there are a whole lot of upsets or you don’t really analyze teams as you put on. After all, who would presume to know all of these teams and rank them as if careful consideration of each team is really occurring.
B cauz it’s fun

There have been several decent upsets

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

lol, its a preseason.. The poll will become more accurate as we go on

Michael Scott
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

sportzfan wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:24 pm Either there are a whole lot of upsets or you don’t really analyze teams as you put on. After all, who would presume to know all of these teams and rank them as if careful consideration of each team is really occurring.
... Are you talking to me ? I'll take that as you WERE taking a shot at me ... I'm looking at the scores from tonight - Meigs apparently played as they CAN play with the scorers on that team (not a big surprise W ... I have Meigs ranked above Marietta) ... I watched the Washington CH win over Chillicothe (the Cavs are struggling at the offensive end ... not getting into the paint to get to the line ... Coach Scott has the Blue Lions starting to believe) ...Chilli has the potential to lose 3 games this week - playing McClain (yep the Tigers are playing that well with Mischal, Carter, Penwell, Badgley) then playing at Logan Saturday night ... Fairland over Ironton - the surprise isn't the win over Ironton but the fact that Coach Speed & Co have the Dragons playing so well at the beginning of the season - expected to happen later in the season ... Portsmouth losing to Coal Grove - slight upset imo ... looking at the scores I have in front of me - it looks like a typical night of high school hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line in the 2nd week of play ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:31 pm Pfloyd, This may not be the place to mention this ,but; Beau Justice of Valdosta State just set record for scoring (47 points,12 threes including 9 threes in a row.) Gulf coast record for threes for the 6th rated undefeated Blazers.Peebles boy is representing Southeastern Ohio pretty well I would say.

... OUTSTANDING ! Beau Justice was one of the best SEOhio had the pleasure of watching his 4 years of high school hoops Below the Line ... awesome to hear he continues to put up unbelievable numbers at the next level - thanks for sharing Hoopie74 ...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wow ten post and this guy thinks he is a pro :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Pfloyd: You were in Court House tonight?

Napkin Stats coming?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I can't believe the nerve of some people. person gets on here and basically tells Pfloyd his full of crap....I think he knows more than 99.99% of the posters on this board about how the teams stack up against each other..Take a look at how the top 100 college football rankings change from preseason to final week.... and that's not just 1 person figuring the stats and lineups of who's back and who's coming...The Man puts hours of work into watching as many teams as possible and getting info from people close to teams...Unbelievable the ignorance of some people.....His team must have got pounded by a lower ranked team...….

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 pm Pfloyd: You were in Court House tonight?

Napkin Stats coming?
Washington CH 47
Chillicothe 41 a final

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Chillicothe

Scoring ...Jayvon Maughmer 17, Tre Beard 10, Brandon Noel 8, Vincent Roper 4, Chris Postage 2
3 Pointers ... 5/15 ... Tre Beard 3, Brandon Noel 2
FTs ... 4/9 ... 3/7 in the 4th period
TOs ... 15
PnP ... 11 fgs/22 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg/2 pts in transition

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Washington CH

Scoring ... Evan Upthegrove 12, Blaise Tayese 14, Dillon Stewart 8, Richie Burns 7, Omar Porter 6
3 Pointers ... 2/5 ... Evan Upthegrove 1, Richie Burns 1
FTs ... 15/18 ... Blaise Tayese went 8/8 from the line in the 4th quarter to go with 2 fgs in the 4th - 12 points in the 4th to tally ALL of the CH scoring in the final period
TOs ... 20
PnP ... 12 fgs/24 points in the paint
PnT ... 4 fgs/8 points in transition

... Coach Scott has the Blue Lions playing inspired hoops ! - not a deep squad ,mainly the starting 5 plus 2 off the bench playing sparingly ... quick off the dribble getting to the rim ... tough defense with quick hands that will make you pay in transition ... good game , good win for the Blue Lions and Coach Scott ... Coach Huffer of Chillicothe introduced me to Coach Scott before the game - I congratulated him on getting the head coaching position at Washington CH - he was excited to get the W over the Cavs tonight for sure ...

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Its a bit funny with some join the thread and speculate the man has no idea what he is doing, those of us that have been around all these years, get a chuckle when the newcomers have a remark about the abilities of pfloyd to incorporate these rankings. Stick around sir, you soon will realize just how good this thread and rankings really is. You can apologize later.... Tough loss for the Trojans, still growing the youth, its a building block

Return to “Boys Basketball”