Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

Post by 93Bulldog »

Jackson? I thought they only played football in Jackson?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:03 pm Jackson? I thought they only played football in Jackson?
Pfloyd might not even know how to get to Jackson. Has he ever been there not cheering on the Chieftans?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:05 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:03 pm Jackson? I thought they only played football in Jackson?
Pfloyd might not even know how to get to Jackson. Has he ever been there not cheering on the Chieftans?
... I'll leave Logan at 2:35 - when the high school lets out ... just in case I get lost ... I better use the Garmin ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:27 pm
... I'll leave Logan at 2:35 - when the high school lets out ... just in case I get lost ... I better use the Garmin ...
Just don’t go through effing Athens and you should be fine :D

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Glad the game is in Jackson tomorrow evening. By far this will be the shortest trip for the Blue Lions southern Ohio rooting contingent.

The FAC has two good ones tomorrow night.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Friday OVC game predictions
1 Fairland over Coal Grove by 12
2 Chesapeake over Rock Hill by 24
3.South Point over Portsmouth by 8
4. Ironton upsets the overrated blue Devils by 4

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Athens over Vinton by 14
Meigs over alex by 4
Chili over Mclain by 18
Washington CH over Jackson by 8
Fairfield union over logan elm by 6

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:46 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Just don’t go through effing Athens and you should be fine :D
Come down 93 through Vinton County Floyd and stop at McClures for a pre game milkshake. You won’t be disappointed!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:35 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:31 pm Pfloyd, This may not be the place to mention this ,but; Beau Justice of Valdosta State just set record for scoring (47 points,12 threes including 9 threes in a row.) Gulf coast record for threes for the 6th rated undefeated Blazers.Peebles boy is representing Southeastern Ohio pretty well I would say.

... OUTSTANDING ! Beau Justice was one of the best SEOhio had the pleasure of watching his 4 years of high school hoops Below the Line ... awesome to hear he continues to put up unbelievable numbers at the next level - thanks for sharing Hoopie74 ...
He was also voted preseason poy.

Tigerhawk123
Waterboy

Post by Tigerhawk123 »

Chilli and McClain very physical, hard nosed game. Two swarming defenses - no easy looks anywhere. Chilli played well - they will keep getting better as the season progresses. McClain had trouble getting it going inside and the shots just didn't fall tonight - pressure defense has a tendency to do that. Chilli did well on the glass - going to be key for them rest of season. Great atmosphere in the New Gym tonight.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

#2 Gallia going down in a great game. Loveday fouled out with 3 or 4 minutes to go but Gallia still rallied down to a missed buzzer shot to give Ironton the big win.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

mattash wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:20 pm #2 Gallia going down in a great game. Loveday fouled out with 3 or 4 minutes to go but Gallia still rallied down to a missed buzzer shot to give Ironton the big win.
Wow, sounds like a great one!

sportzfan
Waterboy

Post by sportzfan »

goUK wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:44 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:40 am
goUK wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:26 am big upsets in the ovc last night

#41 CG over #14 Portsmouth @ CG
#25 Fair over #12 Ironton @ Fair
#43 SP over #16 Chesapeake @ Ches
Not sure any of these are really upsets. Coal Grove is solid and Portsmouth is going to have some growing pains, they started off hot but was due for a setback.

Fairland is much better than people think. Ironton, eh, they're an average to slightly above average SE Ohio D3 team.

South Point has Fox that will keep the Pointers in most games on the schedule.
Based on the rankings these were upsets. Thats what this whole thread is about.
You are correct goUK. Based on the rankings these were upsets. My whole point with the presumptive rankings of teams one doesn't know of statement. For those that posted that they really weren't upsets, I applaud you, you know your teams. My exact sentiments.

noreply66-The number of posts you have doesn't determine you knowledge, you have 233 and look at the things you say.

PA Trojan-I'm not a newcomer, I would venture to say I have been around sports more than most. I wont go any further than that. I don't presume to know more than others. That's why I don't rank teams. I, also, get a chuckle when someone says they have been around "all these years". How dare I. I will stick around, but apologies will not come from me. I believe you still miss the point. Its easy to know the rank of top teams, but the rest, well its always iffy. I simply stated that it is presumptuous the think any man "really" knows "all" of these teams. And that's a fact. Good luck this year, sir.

mrwonderful- your just emotional. But you were right when you said you don't think any of the three games were upsets, teams are balanced. So true, I applaud you there. Your proving my point on the rankings.

And pfloyd- I know you go to a lot of games and travel and have fun. I hope you continue to do that. You said in a previous post you can "take the hits". I believe that was the phrase. I don't think you can, so I wont post on your thread no more. I will simply tip my hat to you and say have a good season. sincerely sportzfan.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

sportzfan wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:55 am

Not sure any of these are really upsets. Coal Grove is solid and Portsmouth is going to have some growing pains, they started off hot but was due for a setback.

Fairland is much better than people think. Ironton, eh, they're an average to slightly above average SE Ohio D3 team.

You are correct goUK. Based on the rankings these were upsets. My whole point with the presumptive rankings of teams one doesn't know of statement. For those that posted that they really weren't upsets, I applaud you, you know your teams. My exact sentiments.

noreply66-The number of posts you have doesn't determine you knowledge, you have 233 and look at the things you say.

PA Trojan-I'm not a newcomer, I would venture to say I have been around sports more than most. I wont go any further than that. I don't presume to know more than others. That's why I don't rank teams. I, also, get a chuckle when someone says they have been around "all these years". How dare I. I will stick around, but apologies will not come from me. I believe you still miss the point. Its easy to know the rank of top teams, but the rest, well its always iffy. I simply stated that it is presumptuous the think any man "really" knows "all" of these teams. And that's a fact. Good luck this year, sir.

mrwonderful- your just emotional. But you were right when you said you don't think any of the three games were upsets, teams are balanced. So true, I applaud you there. Your proving my point on the rankings.

And pfloyd- I know you go to a lot of games and travel and have fun. I hope you continue to do that. You said in a previous post you can "take the hits". I believe that was the phrase. I don't think you can, so I wont post on your thread no more. I will simply tip my hat to you and say have a good season. sincerely sportzfan.

Lol is this my boy paladin

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

your so vain, I bet you think this post is about you, your so vain, I know you think this post is about you, dont you......

joemama
Riding the Bench

Post by joemama »

tis the season...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I will most likely head to the Alley tonight to take in the battle between TVC elites.

TVC-Ohio leader Alexander (4-0) vs TVC-Hocking leader Waterford (4-0)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

sportzfan wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:55 am

... that's a cop out on your part sportzfan " ... and so I wont post on your thread no more" ... my statement about "taking the hits" that is in relation to the the rankings - I have no problem with disagreeing on the rankings , I want disagreement - that IS what the thread is built on ... I WANT others to tell me what I DON'T know , THAT is how learning happens ... THAT is how a person LEARNS about the 72 teams - I will be the first to say I don't know as much about the lower end of the Treehuggers or the End Table teams - I read ALL I can about them BUT I don't go see them ... I DON'T know all there is to know about ALL 72 teams - know one knows that - THAT I AGREE WITH YOU about ... but again agreeing to disagree about the rankings is about the rankings - when someone takes a pot shot at ME personally - they/you don't know me or what I know or don't know ... THAT is a different story THAT - you are right again - I CAN'T/WON'T take ... if you want to make it personal - DON'T POST , sit back , read, grumble, whatever you choose to do , attack me in a PM - that's fine - your loss ... seops is a great high school forum when used right ... I'm not a bad guy, pretty humble really, easy to talk too, easy to disagree with about hoops as well ... IF you have a disagreement with what I post in the rankings - please POST what YOU KNOW ! any and ALL knowledgeable arguments are good in my book ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:05 am I will most likely head to the Alley tonight to take in the battle between TVC elites.

TVC-Ohio leader Alexander (4-0) vs TVC-Hocking leader Waterford (4-0)
... give us a good rundown tonight 93dog ... Waterford is a team - good record , good coach , great recent teams of the last 4-5 years but a team I don't see until the post season ... get us some names, napkin stats ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Some excellent matchups tonight for your viewing pleasure Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line :

Ironton vs Wheelersburg
...BIG ! I'town fresh off of last nights W over #2 Gallia Academy @ Ironton ... the Burg? 2 games /averaging 80.1 ppg ... Ironton "ain't" Northwest or Oak Hill ... looking forward to the rundown of this one ...

Logan hosting Chillicothe ... will be interesting to see which Chillicothe team rolls into Jim's Gym in Logan! the Cavs who looked UN-Cavalier-like in their loss on Tuesday to Washington CH or the Cavs who went into McClain and beat a very good Tiger squad by 9 points 60-51 last night ...

Alexander vs Waterford at the Alley ... 2 undefeated's ... someone goes to 5-0 tonight ...

New Boston vs Whiteoak ...

Adena vs Paint Valley ... a good matchup in the SVC ... a game I will be looking at to see where Adena is and/or should be - that season opening loss to Lucasville Valley still sticks in my mind even after Adena has rolled off 4 straight W's ...

Warren vs Meadowbrook ... at the Warriordome , Meadowbrook beat Marietta last night ... Marietta beat Warren at MHS to open the season 72-70 in OT ... the Warriors of Coach Maddox are coming off a 1 point W over Fort Frye ... flip a coin but it is at the WarriorDome ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”