Burg 0-0 @ 3-0 oakhill

SOC94
Freshman Team

Re: Burg 0-0 @ 3-0 oakhill

Post by SOC94 »

There’s the burg posters we’ve come to know and love.

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

I like oak hill at home. Burg has a good team know doubt. Hoping the oaks can pull it out.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Like I said, I'm not an Oak Hill fan nor a Burg fan, just a basketball fan. I also know that OH has had and do have kids that have transferred to OH. Every school in the area has done the same thing, and it will continue to happen. What I thought was funny was that regardless of what talent might be on ones team, that a coach shouldn't be able to slow the game down to be able to be competitive in the game. It just seemed personal to me as far as the OH coach and yourself. Even though I wasn't even living around here at the time that he was the coach at Chesapeake, he must know something about coaching, as I've been told he pretty much owned the OVC. If you are a Burg fan, they very well may run all over OH. I was just told that the Burg coach played for the OH coach while a student at Chesapeake. That may be true, I'm not sure. I still hope it turns out to be a good ballgame.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

To me it's interesting tonight in that Wheelersburg is the clear favorite to win the SOC II title. Ater has never once won an SOC title, not even with his loaded teams at Webster nor with any Burg team the last 5 years. It would be ironic for his high school coach, Coach Persin, to start Ater's year off with a conference loss when they are the presumed favorites.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Do you know for a fact that Burg's coach did indeed play for Oak Hill's coach at Chesapeake? I was told that but wasn't really sure.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:01 pm Do you know for a fact that Burg's coach did indeed play for Oak Hill's coach at Chesapeake? I was told that but wasn't really sure.
Yes. Norm has absolutely dominated the H2H. I want to say Ater has faced him near 20 times now, and has only won 3, maybe 4.

Granted, Norm has dominated head to head against basically every coach in SE Ohio.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:06 pm
VetteMan wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:01 pm Do you know for a fact that Burg's coach did indeed play for Oak Hill's coach at Chesapeake? I was told that but wasn't really sure.
Yes. Norm has absolutely dominated the H2H. I want to say Ater has faced him near 20 times now, and has only won 3, maybe 4.

Granted, Norm has dominated head to head against basically every coach in SE Ohio.
Thank you! I was afraid I might have posted without checking first.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:46 pm To me it's interesting tonight in that Wheelersburg is the clear favorite to win the SOC II title. Ater has never once won an SOC title, not even with his loaded teams at Webster nor with any Burg team the last 5 years. It would be ironic for his high school coach, Coach Persin, to start Ater's year off with a conference loss when they are the presumed favorites.
Burg may be favorite but will take them some games to get settled. With longer football run it lately has been in January that Burg starts to play well. Will be a rough environment tonight I’m sure.

tomcat
Riding the Bench

Post by tomcat »

i will be shocked if Burg doesn't win this game. If Oak Hill wins it will only be because of coaching

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

tomcat wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:45 pm i will be shocked if Burg doesn't win this game. If Oak Hill wins it will only be because of coaching
Isn’t that the point in having A good coach :roll:

You can't handle the truth
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

gametime wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:01 pm
tomcat wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:45 pm i will be shocked if Burg doesn't win this game. If Oak Hill wins it will only be because of coaching
Isn’t that the point in having A good coach :roll:
Some people think that the two go hand in hand.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Where in my Comment did I say a Coach shouldn't be able slow the game down? That's right....I didn't... Also not all teams get transfers...Another thing to point out to you is Persins got the transfers to come play at Peak also..That's why he won there...It's called the Jimmy's and the Joes..Coaching may 20%. Players 80%. Same with Burg in Football and Ironton in football in the past...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

mrwonderful wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:27 pm Where in my Comment did I say a Coach shouldn't be able slow the game down? That's right....I didn't... Also not all teams get transfers...Another thing to point out to you is Persins got the transfers to come play at Peak also..That's why he won there...It's called the Jimmy's and the Joes..Coaching may 20%. Players 80%. Same with Burg in Football and Ironton in football in the past...
I don't have the time to argue with you, nor do I want to. It just seems personal to me and I don't really care one way or another whether you like Persin or not. I don't really know him, I may not like him either, but I don't dislike him because of his success in coaching High School basketball. Just try to calm down a little and mayby you will have a better day.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

mrwonderful wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:27 pm Where in my Comment did I say a Coach shouldn't be able slow the game down? That's right....I didn't... Also not all teams get transfers...Another thing to point out to you is Persins got the transfers to come play at Peak also..That's why he won there...It's called the Jimmy's and the Joes..Coaching may 20%. Players 80%. Same with Burg in Football and Ironton in football in the past...

I wouldn’t go there comparing burg and Ironton football with the jimmys and joes thing.

You can't handle the truth
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Yeah he did

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Vetteman I'm not arguing. I don't care if you like him or not..I don't dislike him.Where did I say I disliked him? I merely stated a fact. The jimmy's and joes win ball games. Persins is not the reason Oak Hill or Chesapeake had decent teams. It was the kids going there because of his rep..Just like all your bigtime college coaches..They get the TALENT.....And yes the superstar players and Coaches get more calls for the good.

senatorspiritfan
Waterboy

Post by senatorspiritfan »

Score update?

BurgNuts
Waterboy

Post by BurgNuts »

12-7 Burg leading

BurgNuts
Waterboy