South Webster at Waverly Friday Dec. 7

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Re: South Webster at Waverly Friday Dec. 7

Post by BBALL99 »

Just going by the picture, it looks like it could of been a foul on Blevins. Of course, you can't tell where the Waverly player was before Blevins started his jump.

Either way, I am glad Blevins wasn't hurt, he is a special player

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

smurray wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:20 pm E202B84F-9B97-4881-8702-A172618495CD.jpeg

Don’t know how they called even a common foul on the play. Blevins went up over him.... I said it when it happened, “there’s no way thats a foul”..... The guy can jump out of the gym!
If anything IMO, Easton seems to be going into a "boxout" position and if Blevins can jump and reach over him, isn't that an over-the-back foul? I didn't agree with the call during the game and seeing a picture of it now just helps my statement. However, I do hope he isn't injured too badly - was a very nasty fall.

Falconfan14
Riding the Bench

Post by Falconfan14 »

From an unbiased opinion I have seen the video and whether the kid meant to or not Blevins was totally undercut. The picture definitely gives you the wrong impression. Not knowing the kids intent this appears to one of the dirtiest plays I have ever seen. Kid came clear from corner and had no chance of getting a clean blockout. Blevins was at his jump peak or even possibly on the way down before the kid basically took him out. Blevins very lucky this was not a much worse injury.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Falconfan14 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:20 pm From an unbiased opinion I have seen the video and whether the kid meant to or not Blevins was totally undercut. The picture definitely gives you the wrong impression. Not knowing the kids intent this appears to one of the dirtiest plays I have ever seen. Kid came clear from corner and had no chance of getting a clean blockout. Blevins was at his jump peak or even possibly on the way down before the kid basically took him out. Blevins very lucky this was not a much worse injury.
This is coming from an unbiased fan from Minford, so please folks, don't base your opinion solely off that photo. It doesn't do it justice whatsoever. Blevins was IN THE AIR when the Waverly player came in from the baseline and was "boxing him out" while moving from his left to right. Blevins was undercut badly and if you watch the video you'd think a flagrant should have been assessed. The photo shows a stand still position which isn't fair to what actually occurred.

Again, I'm not saying he did it on purpose. Incredibly high chance it was a bang bang play and he was simply trying to make a play to help his team but was a couple seconds too late. The only reason I'm commenting is because the photo is the only thing on here being used as evidence and it clearlyyyyyyy doesn't show the extent of the play.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”