South Webster at Waverly Friday Dec. 7

smurray
SEOPS HO

South Webster at Waverly Friday Dec. 7

Post by smurray »

The Jeeps travel from South Webster to invade the jungle at Waverly’s Downtown Arena.
The Jeeps fell to the Dragons of Fairland tonight 51-38. That game was 8-4 after one quarter of play. Not a lot of offense from the Jeeps. Many on here were picking the Jeeps to beat Fairland tonight. Does anyone have a report on that one?

After watching the Tigers wear down a very good Athens team Saturday you can bet the Jeeps are going to face some pressure, speed and quickness they haven’t seen before. Waverly will rotate 10 guys at will. No idea how deep S.W. Is.

Looking forward to the home opener (boys) in the newly renovated Palace Hawhee built. The renovations and additions are awesome! (The girls play there Thursday)

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: South Webster at Waverly Friday Dec. 7

Post by bbjunky81 »

Jeeps can play 6-7 fairly comfortably, after that they take a big hit. Corriell and Witter not playing were 2 kids that would be seeing minutes.

Fairland was very good defensively. Even though it wasn’t an up and down game, it was a good test heading into Friday as they also will be aggressive and physical but will try and make it more of a full court game.

I see this game going one of two ways. Jeeps win in a tight race, or Waverly wins by 20+. Don’t really see any inbetweens.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly by 20+

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Wasnt at the game tonite but see Jeeps doing beter Friday. Jeeps probly be 8.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:03 pm Jeeps can play 6-7 fairly comfortably, after that they take a big hit. Corriell and Witter not playing were 2 kids that would be seeing minutes.

Fairland was very good defensively. Even though it wasn’t an up and down game, it was a good test heading into Friday as they also will be aggressive and physical but will try and make it more of a full court game.

I see this game going one of two ways. Jeeps win in a tight race, or Waverly wins by 20+. Don’t really see any inbetweens.
Agreed about those 2 particular players not playing (especially coriell). I thought Webster would be 8-9 deep prior to season. Now I see a 7 man rotation with little offensive firepower off bench. Still a solid D4 team, but can't see them consistently beating elite teams with the lack of depth.

A team like Waverly that plays up-tempo and runs waves of players at you will be a particularly bad matchup for the Jeeps. I'd say Waverly by 10+ Friday night.*

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:03 pm Jeeps can play 6-7 fairly comfortably, after that they take a big hit. Corriell and Witter not playing were 2 kids that would be seeing minutes.

Didn't both Corriell and Witter play last year? Did they just decide not to play at all this year?

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

smurray wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:46 pm The Jeeps travel from South Webster to invade the jungle at Waverly’s Downtown Arena.
The Jeeps fell to the Dragons of Fairland tonight 51-38. That game was 8-4 after one quarter of play. Not a lot of offense from the Jeeps. Many on here were picking the Jeeps to beat Fairland tonight. Does anyone have a report on that one?

After watching the Tigers wear down a very good Athens team Saturday you can bet the Jeeps are going to face some pressure, speed and quickness they haven’t seen before. Waverly will rotate 10 guys at will. No idea how deep S.W. Is.

Looking forward to the home opener (boys) in the newly renovated Palace Hawhee built. The renovations and additions are awesome! (The girls play there Thursday)
Are the girls playing downtown all season smurray? Or is it just a one-time deal?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Corriel, Witter, Edwards and Coach Connor Scott did not return

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:39 am

Didn't both Corriell and Witter play last year? Did they just decide not to play at all this year?
Edwards and Witter were the two 6'4" kids on the bench last year. Neither played much, but both big kids who's size would be needed at some point. Edwards I hear wanted to focus on throwing for track, Witter didn't want to play. Coriell I'm not sure, I've heard conflicting stories on that but ever since my nephew graduated a couple years ago I don't hear many details. Nonetheless, all 3 are not on the team.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Waverly by 17.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

SW will battle, Waverly just to good I believe. Tigers by 12

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

WHSgrad2000 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:52 am
smurray wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:46 pm The Jeeps travel from South Webster to invade the jungle at Waverly’s Downtown Arena.

Are the girls playing downtown all season smurray? Or is it just a one-time deal?
There's another event at the H.S. tomorrow so they moved it downtown.
The Girls Pike County Tournament will be at Waverly this year and it will be played downtown as well.....

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Looking forward to the first home game of the season for the Tigers. I look for Waverly to come out and play extremely hard in front of their home crowd for the first time this season. I think this could start out as a decent game but look for the Tigers to wear down the jeeps in the second half and take the W.

What time does the jv game tip off?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

6:00

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Webster proved me wrong. Great win on the road over a very good Waverly team. Congrats to the Jeeps

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

beaverlover wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:53 pm Webster proved me wrong. Great win on the road over a very good Waverly team. Congrats to the Jeeps
Me too. Thought Waverly would up-tempo Webster and wear Jeeps down in second half. Great game for Braden Bockway...finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds. HUGE road conference win for Webster*

Waverly69
Waterboy

Post by Waverly69 »

Looks like waverly got a little bit of a big head for this game and looked over the visiting Jeeps 🧐

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Every year we struggle with Webster. They shot lights out! Blevins is a huge reason why. Great player! Hope he is not hurt but word as we were leaving the gym was they were pretty sure he had a broken collar bone. Really hard fall on a rebound. Prayers that he will be ok. Waverly will learn from it and hopefully be ready to go Tuesday at Northwest!

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Very surprised at this one, i thought Waverly would handle Webster but now time to regroup

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I thought for sure when Robertson nailed that unreal three to send it to OT with Blevins out that Waverly would pull away in OT. Tigers couldn’t buy a bucket in OT.
Can’t do anything now but regroup. It’s going to be a very competitive league....

Return to “Boys Basketball”