S

Re: Gallia Academy @ River Valley 12/4

Post by Fonzie »

I hope they score 100 on Bostic.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

GA won't score 100! You better be beating RV now!

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Hercules wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:15 am GA won't score 100! You better be beating RV now!
I don't really think they will score 100.....it was more of a wish that they crush that cry baby Bostic. We all know he left GA because he was upset over some hiring issues that involved his family. I won't go into detail, but that is what it boils down to. GA will win. I do believe they will win by 30+ points. Loveday will have a big game, scoring around 30. Call will get back to his bread and butter and will add 20.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Bostic's issues at GA Are not exactly a secret. Given the chance he'll do well at RV

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

This is a game where GAHS will play the whole team. The starters probably will play about half a game.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Hideous. Devils by 30

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

Radio?

D3VIL
Waterboy

Post by D3VIL »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:14 am
.....it was more of a wish that they crush that cry baby Bostic. We all know he left GA because he was upset over some hiring issues that involved his family. I won't go into detail, but that is what it boils down to.
Simmer down, Fonzie. What? Are you still salty about the lack of playing time Bostic gave you in 8th grade or JV? Bostic did A LOT for GA for a lot of years. IF he asked for/expected a “favor”, he probably should have got it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Score?

Bigbluefan12
Waterboy

Post by Bigbluefan12 »

Gallia 91-39

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thanks

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Is that a correct score?

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Gallia controlled whole game start to finish. What surprised me most was of course Loveday but the guard play of Gallia Academy. Call & Blouir will make it a hard time for teams offensively & defensively. At times Henry looks good & McClelland is a great leader & the guy you wanna have on your team. Still gonna have to find some more depth I expect the Carter boy & the Walker kid to get in the rotation.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

If GA shoots like they did last night. They'll be hard to beat.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

D3VIL wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:56 pm
Fonzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:14 am
.....it was more of a wish that they crush that cry baby Bostic. We all know he left GA because he was upset over some hiring issues that involved his family. I won't go into detail, but that is what it boils down to.
Simmer down, Fonzie. What? Are you still salty about the lack of playing time Bostic gave you in 8th grade or JV? Bostic did A LOT for GA for a lot of years. IF he asked for/expected a “favor”, he probably should have got it.
No they absolutely should not have gave him a favor. If it would have been in the best interest of the district, sure. But it wasn't and they didn't. That was a smart decision on Gallipolis City Schools.

Not from Gallipolis, kids don't attend Gallipolis. So I have absolutely no personal issues with the man. But he is a cry baby and those Blue Devils just about put up the 100 I was hoping for.

Gallipolis is fun to watch. If they keep intensity and shoot the ball like last night, they will be tough to beat.

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

I would never want to see them try to embarrass high school kids that way. But the 91 wasn't running the score up. It's just RV is that bad and Gallia is that good. As for Bostic I agree he did a lot for GA basketball. I'm not sure who Gary will lean on when he needs an experienced person to give him answers. Bostic was that guy. We no longer have anyone on staff who can do that. This team can and will win a lot if not all of their games no matter who calls the shots. In the close challenged games coaches like Bostic can be the difference maker. That's when he will be missed at Gallia. Good luck to RV and Gallia both this season!

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Do they play meigs? Should hit 100 there because no one at meigs knows anything about defense.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:09 am Do they play meigs? Should hit 100 there because no one at meigs knows anything about defense.
Looked at the schedule, it says we play Meigs December 21st. I agree, if the Devils wish to put up 100+, they can.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

First and foremost I think Brett Bostic was a good hire by River Valley. Bostic came to Gallia Academy from South Gallia where he was the Head Varsity Girls coach for a few years. Bostic always wanted to be a head Varsity Boys coach and he got that opportunity at River Valley where I think he will do a great job. Now for the game last night I thought the Blue Devils played a great game. All of the starters played a excellent game. McCelland did a good job running the team and was a knock down shooter last night, Blouir and and Call were slashers last night and hit pull up jumpers and got to the rim at ease, Henry made some steals had a few assists and drove the ball to the basket and had a couple of good moves and Loveday was Loveday blocking shots, rebounding, hitting three's and posting up for some easy baskets. I thought they all played good defense. The bench got a chance to show what they could do and how they could help down the road. I thought Brennan Carter played really well had some good moves and showed some quickness. Davis, Blain Carter, Walker and Cox played good. I know this was River Valley and they're not a very good team, but you need games like this to let your bench play and gain some confidence in themselves. I believe on any given night either one of these starters can put up 12 to 15 points and have enough fire power that they all can put up those numbers in a game like last night all five starters were in double firgures Loveyday 25, Henry 12, Call, Blouir and McCelland 10 a piece. This team is going to be a fun team to watch this year so lets get behind this team and support them at home and on the road.

Return to “Boys Basketball”