Chillicothe @ Zane Trace 12/4

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Chillicothe @ Zane Trace 12/4

Post by mlittle »

HamPorter wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:20 pm
25th Street NW wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:44 pm I was at the game, Chillicothe did not shoot any foul shots because they did not penetrate or get the ball inside. It had nothing to do with the refs. ZT plays aggressive man-to man and kept pushing Chillicothe out to above the three point line. Nobody turned the corner and headed to the hoop.
It was one of the darnedest things I’ve ever seen on a basketball court. Total domination by Zane Trace on Chillicothe’s side of the court.
That’s hard to believe with the caliber of players Chillicothe has

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe's Tre beard got three quick fouls in the first quarter and had to sit until the second half, Chillicothe played with zero will or aggression this team is good but outside of beard everyone else just didn't seem to care or even want to play. I watched Jayvon Maughmer and Noel and was shocked at the lack of aggression or "killer instinct" Jayvon has to learn to take over a game and just go, and Noel just looked out of it from the jump. I think this team is dragged down by huffer's slow pace and style of offense, press, trap and run the floor get easy transition buckets. Chillicothe will be good once they figure it out but credit to coach K and Zane Trace that guard is excellent has wonderful body control and a killer instinct to turn his shoulders and go get you a bucket.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:55 pm Chillicothe's Tre beard got three quick fouls in the first quarter and had to sit until the second half, Chillicothe played with zero will or aggression this team is good but outside of beard everyone else just didn't seem to care or even want to play. I watched Jayvon Maughmer and Noel and was shocked at the lack of aggression or "killer instinct" Jayvon has to learn to take over a game and just go, and Noel just looked out of it from the jump. I think this team is dragged down by huffer's slow pace and style of offense, press, trap and run the floor get easy transition buckets. Chillicothe will be good once they figure it out but credit to coach K and Zane Trace that guard is excellent has wonderful body control and a killer instinct to turn his shoulders and go get you a bucket.
I agree with the Huffer thing. I like him but not sure the Hoosier style of offense he runs is what this team needs.
I felt like they 'had to pass 8 times before shooting' on Tuesday.
ZT is great. but i think Chilli was penetrating fine in the first half but when they got close to the rim they kicked out and passed? My buddy and I were like what the heck is going on. No one wanted to score! Jayvon could have got to the rim at will on any given play, or at least create separation for a 12ft jumper.
i was so excited to see them play after what i had heard and now I'm just kinda blah about them. coach K would do wonders with this team.

Return to “Boys Basketball”