Waverly vs Athens

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Waverly vs Athens

Post by Ironman92 »

hateraid wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:25 pm Athens now 0-2. Guess they are not as good as some thought.
They are quite good

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Any truth that there were nearly 60 turnovers in this game? If there was and the game only got into the 50’s, it may have set a record for least points per possession.

I would like to see this rematch at the Convo with the bigger floor and to see how deep Robertson can shoot it from on that court.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:31 am Any truth that there were nearly 60 turnovers in this game? If there was and the game only got into the 50’s, it may have set a record for least points per possession.

I would like to see this rematch at the Convo with the bigger floor and to see how deep Robertson can shoot it from on that court.
See pfloyds napkin stats on the other thread. Athens 32 turnovers, Waverly 22.
Robertson drained 4 threes from way downtown in the Village, the closest being 25 feet. Hes been doing that since when, the 3rd grade???

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:08 pm
HamPorter wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:31 am Any truth that there were nearly 60 turnovers in this game? If there was and the game only got into the 50’s, it may have set a record for least points per possession.

Robertson drained 4 threes from way downtown in the Village, the closest being 25 feet. Hes been doing that since when, the 3rd grade???
He played for our 3rd grade team in a Rio tournament and hit 6 3’s in the first half against a 4th grade team...so yeah, pretty much lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:08 pm

I watched Trey borderline dominate a 7th grade summer league game as a 5th grader. I really had a great time watching him last night.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Impressive showing by the Tigers for the season opener. Athens has a nice ball club and will have a very solid season. I was concerned that Waverly would struggle with Athens size, which at times they did. But for the most part the Bulldogs size advantage was taken away by the fast pace of the Tigers. Coach Robertson and his staff have done an excellent job of getting the boys to buy into the system, watching them give such tremendous effort on the defensive side of the ball is awesome. I think the fans love it. I was also very impressed with Trey. I knew he was the real deal long before Saturday night, but I wasn't sure how he would respond to his first regular season varsity start. But he came out focused and ready to play, like great players do. Smallwood and Dunn both had solid performances, they both are going to be very nice on the inside for the Tigers. Waverly definitely still has some work to do, they need to limit turnovers and get better in the half court sets.

Very excited for this season! I look for the Tigers to continue to improve and contend for an SOC title.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I really enjoyed watching this game. It was very physical, with players hitting the floor, hard fouls, and in your face defense. Both teams struggled to shoot the ball, but still the game was very entertaining. Waverly's defense made Athens work really hard on every possession, and that defensive mentality that Coach Robertson has instilled in his Tigers will go a long way this season. I love watching their movement on D. Athens has a lineup that starts 4 players 6-4, and all of them have muscle. The Bulldogs are one of the most physical teams I've seen in a while, but Waverly didn't back down.

These are two teams that are definite contenders for the D2 district crown.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens might be forced to go to a smaller but quicker line up.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Boys Basketball”