Waterboy

Meigs at Southern 11/30/18

Post by Bosshog »

thoughts ?

beaverlover
SE

Re: Meigs at Southern 11/30/18

Post by beaverlover »

Southern will have a solid season I believe, but Meigs will be to much for them in opener. Meigs by 14

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Southern going to avenge the girls loss?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I don't think Southern has the firepower to avenge the girls loss. But they might have enough to make it a decent game. Playing in Racine has to help them some. Should be a good atmosphere.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Meigs 60
Southern 43

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Meigs had too much depth. Southern chucked up too many bad shots. Good win for Meigs and hopefully Southern can learn and improve.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Southern has the same team that should have won the hocking last year and seems to have gotten worse. Meigs is much improved.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

No one predicted Southern to win TVC Hocking last year. They had a young team and had a nice season and finished 3rd, but lost a big part of their team in Dylan Smith who was by far their best defensive player and a good overall player. Meigs was too athletic and physically stronger for them last night. Meigs will struggle a little when they play against teams with similar athleticism in TVC Ohio. Anyone smart knows you can’t judge a team by one game, but Southern definitely has work to do. Got out rebounded by about 20, that’s the game right there.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Fonzie wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:54 am I don't think Southern has the firepower to avenge the girls loss. But they might have enough to make it a decent game. Playing in Racine has to help them some. Should be a good atmosphere.
Historically, laying in Racine was good for 12 points for the home team with those homer refs they hired and the coach stomping on the floor.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:19 am
Fonzie wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:54 am I don't think Southern has the firepower to avenge the girls loss. But they might have enough to make it a decent game. Playing in Racine has to help them some. Should be a good atmosphere.
Historically, laying in Racine was good for 12 points for the home team with those homer refs they hired and the coach stomping on the floor.
I agree completely. However, I believe those days are gone. At least the last few times I have been to Southern to watch games, it almost seems like they either get a well called game for both sides, or its a toss up as to who I think got the better end of the deal. Southern has lost some of that clout that got them those calls back in the day.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

3 Johhny B wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:50 pm
Fonzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:32 am
Kenny Bixx wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:19 am

I agree completely. However, I believe those days are gone. At least the last few times I have been to Southern to watch games, it almost seems like they either get a well called game for both sides, or its a toss up as to who I think got the better end of the deal. Southern has lost some of that clout that got them those calls back in the day.
I disagree. Southern still pulls out the homers when it's a Hocking game. Also, don't even breathe too loudly if your from the visiting team or those homers will throw you out of the game. He11 sometimes you don't even have to breathe and they throw you out. I think they cheat so much it makes them paranoid and they just think people are talking bout them so they toss them. Believe me, I know from experience.

Maybe I need to go see a few Hocking match ups this year. It could change my opinion a bit.

Return to “Boys Basketball”