11/30 #8 Athens vs #2 Gallia Academy

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: 11/30 #8 Athens vs #2 Gallia Academy

Post by 93Bulldog »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:33 am Will there be any local radio coverage in the Gallipolis area?
If not, you can stream our broadcast via computer or phone app

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

This could be close for awhile but I'm seeing Gallia big in this one. There's no way anyone in SE Ohio should be able to compete with this team. This is the BEST talent GA has had in it's entire history and throw in a 7 footer and that is a perfect recipe for success. They will run over the OVC this year with their talent coupled with the league being so far down this year. This has the makings of a very special season in Gallipolis!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

BigBlue85 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:18 am This could be close for awhile but I'm seeing Gallia big in this one. There's no way anyone in SE Ohio should be able to compete with this team. This is the BEST talent GA has had in it's entire history and throw in a 7 footer and that is a perfect recipe for success. They will run over the OVC this year with their talent coupled with the league being so far down this year. This has the makings of a very special season in Gallipolis!
Gallipolis had many good years and decades of basketball previously so BEST in history is a stretch. If they get out of the District it will be a success. Athens can win this game and in no way will this be a BIG blowout by the Devils.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Still think Waverly and Sheridan are better in their district than Galia. Maybe Zane Trace and others as well. I will take Athens at home by 6.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

93 bulldog will you be broadcasting from Piketon tomorrow.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

This is not gallIs academy’s best team ever. In the starting 5 Gallia has 2 basketball players s blouir and loveday. Then they have just a hustling kid that every team would love to have in Henry and maybe staying off football field will help his game this winter and you have 2 athletes in mcellend and call. This team needs to find the Corey call they had his sophomore year. Last year he sort of fell in Love with the 3 and lost the best part of his game. This kid is a great 12 to 16 foot jump shooter and when he gets that game going he is almost unstoppable because if you come out from basket and n that range he will beat you to the whole.

I think this team goes as far as it’s bench will take it. You have 5 kids that can play. They are all not going to play 32 minutes a night. Look there are plenty of kids on the bench with talent but can they be good role players can they come through night in and night out.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Congrats to The Blue Devils!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Loveday with 17pts for GA
Maxfield with 9pts for Athens

Post by Raider6309 »

Gallia will be tough to beat in the OVC. They play tough defense. We really couldn’t get the offense going but mostly to do with Gallia’s defense

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Final?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Gallia Academy (45) - (35) Athens -- Final

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Gallia

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nice win Gallia Academy.

I was wrong.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:37 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:21 pm ... a really good early season "barometer" type game for Gallia Academy - Athens doesn't have the BIG big man BUT they have 6-4, 6-4. 6-4 strength in the paint ... Chubb, Hynes, Butcher all in the 6-4 range AND strong in the paint, add an aggressive/strong Logan Maxfield to go with the quickness of Elijah Williams - this is a physically strong starting group for the Bulldogs ... Loveday WILL get "physically" challenged imo ... it will be interesting to see how he handles these big bodies for Athens putting bodies on him for 4 quarters ... for GAHS to win Loveday will need to establish himself in the paint, BE that dominating force that he CAN be in the paint at 7-1 if HE IS as dominant as he CAN be - GAHS wins ... IF Loveday ISN'T the dominant force in the paint AND the Blue Devils get the W on the road in Athens it means that the surrounding cast of Caleb Henry, Justin McClelland , Cory Call, Logan Blouir ARE even BETTER than advertised ! LOL ... in my mind because I have Gallia at #2 they have to show me those things : the 7-1 dominant BIG man because no one else has THAT in SEOhio, I want to read that the surrounding cast has improved over last year ... if we get those 2 things from this game along with a GAHS win ... Gallia would have something special going on in the French City ...
offense, offense, offense, blah, blah, blah ...

How will Loveday affect the game defensively? Athens loves to work inside out with Hines being option No. 1. Does the 7'1 height dictate how Athens operates offensively? It could be (or won't be) be a huge factor Friday night.
Pretty smart post by that 93Bulldog guy

Tough to score with a 7'1 guy roaming the paint. He changes what a team wants (or likes) to do offensively.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

watched the game tonight in The Plains and honeslty I thought the Bulldogs did not put up their best performance Against the Blue Devils. Didn't shoot the ball well and seemed kinda rattled. I know this Athens team is a whole lot better than what they showed tonight. The Bulldogs are still My favorite to win the TVC. when it comes to Galiia I was impressed with their guard play. Call got them off to a hot start and they didn't look back. I thought the guards rebounded and boxed out better than most teams in SEO. IMO they didn't use Loveday enough at all, but they still beat a good Athens team and thats a great way to start the season.

D3VIL
Waterboy

Post by D3VIL »

It’s tough listening over the internet, but this one seemed like a battle. Loveday’s biggest impact seemed to be on the boards and defending the rim. His 17 points came kind of quiet compared to his impact in other areas.

McClelland probably had a great game of ball control. These physical games, that get a bit chippy, need some solid guard play that doesn’t translate to a lot of radio broadcast love.

This Blue Devil team is going to be tough. I look forward to following them and catching a few games this season.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Gallia a good team, gonna have to find role players off bench if they wanna great season. Loveday met my expectations tonight. Athens is gonna have to find a main scorer but they are a good team.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

I thought neither team played their best game. Both of these teams will be a lot better down the road. Loveday did control the paint on defense and got a lot of boards. the starting 5 for Gallia had all the points, the bench for them played ok but didn't score. After watching this game I felt like Gallia had control of this game from start to finish and never was in any trouble. They are 20 points better than Athens. Call got into early foul trouble and kind of hurt them setting out the whole second quarter. All of Gallia starters handle themselves well. They will be a hard team to beat by anyone in this area!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Looks more like a Football score . Gallia will be a tough game for most . I cannot imagine setting up an offense around a 7FT in High Schooler . Coaches dream for sure . I will try and see them this year. They will need some more scoring from the rest to go deep in tourney. Athens has the talent to compete . We will see quick how they respond to a L against a good Tiger Squad . Good luck to both teams .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Excellent Road "W" for Gallia Academy ! McAfee is not an easy place to play vs a good Athens ball club this season ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”