Post by beaverlover »

Oak Hill 44
Eastern 41
Final

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Oak hill at eastern pike 11/30

Post by Ironman92 »

I said Oaks by 4....did Darby get his 10 points?

Gooaks
Waterboy

Post by Gooaks »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:25 pm I said Oaks by 4....did Darby get his 10 points?

Only needed 9...hammond dominated the paint and darby dominated the tempo and had great guard play

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gooaks wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:35 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:25 pm I said Oaks by 4....did Darby get his 10 points?

Only needed 9...hammond dominated the paint and darby dominated the tempo and had great guard play
Thanks

Good win

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Did I hear right that the two coaches got into it!?

Sounds like Eastern played right into Oak Hill's trap. Tempo, Tempo, Tempo!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

baseball16 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:53 am Did I hear right that the two coaches got into it!?

Sounds like Eastern played right into Oak Hill's trap. Tempo, Tempo, Tempo!
I heard something about it. They’ve coached against each other many many times over the years, I wouldn’t make to much out of it.....

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I was at the game and was not for either team, just thought I would see a good ballgame. If that happened I did not see it. Mason Darby rebounded a missed shot from EB and was fouled on the rebound. I don't know if something was said or what, but the EB player then pushed Darby and Darby then was trying to confront the EB player. The coaches from both teams were out on the floor getting there players back to there own benches. They called a foul on the EB player on the rebound, as well as a double technical on the EB player as well as Darby. No foul shots were taken by either team. If anything happened between the coaches, I did not see it. I went to see a good ballgame, and saw one. After an 8 to 8 tie after the 1st period. OH led the whole game, at times by 10 pts. EB point guard then hit some threes in the 4th period to make it a very close game right down to the end. Like I said, somebody else may have seen something that I didn't see.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

From afar, going back to his early days at Chesapeake, I learned to never ever underestimate a Norm Persin coached team. They will beat you with fundamentals and scheme despite disparities in talent and experience.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:09 pm I was at the game and was not for either team, just thought I would see a good ballgame. If that happened I did not see it. Mason Darby rebounded a missed shot from EB and was fouled on the rebound. I don't know if something was said or what, but the EB player then pushed Darby and Darby then was trying to confront the EB player. The coaches from both teams were out on the floor getting there players back to there own benches. They called a foul on the EB player on the rebound, as well as a double technical on the EB player as well as Darby. No foul shots were taken by either team. If anything happened between the coaches, I did not see it. I went to see a good ballgame, and saw one. After an 8 to 8 tie after the 1st period. OH led the whole game, at times by 10 pts. EB point guard then hit some threes in the 4th period to make it a very close game right down to the end. Like I said, somebody else may have seen something that I didn't see.
I know a common foul was called on the rebound against EB. Being that the 1and 1 was not yet in effect, no foul shots were taken. Unless I heard wrong, I thought they said a double technical had been given to Darby and the EB player. If that was the case, shouldn't foul shots have been taken by each player?

blockcharge7
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge7 »

No, a double technical is always go to the arrow, in this case since there was a common foul preceding the double technical it went to point of interruption,.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thank you! That helps clear that up.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Norm owns the head to head matchup against Barrick. This win was a BIG one for him!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
blockcharge7
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge7 »

Just looked at my post, by rule all double fouls , technical or not go to point of interruption to resume play

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

It wasnt EB......

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:09 pm I was at the game and was not for either team, just thought I would see a good ballgame. If that happened I did not see it. Mason Darby rebounded a missed shot from EB and was fouled on the rebound. I don't know if something was said or what, but the EB player then pushed Darby and Darby then was trying to confront the EB player. The coaches from both teams were out on the floor getting there players back to there own benches. They called a foul on the EB player on the rebound, as well as a double technical on the EB player as well as Darby. No foul shots were taken by either team. If anything happened between the coaches, I did not see it. I went to see a good ballgame, and saw one. After an 8 to 8 tie after the 1st period. OH led the whole game, at times by 10 pts. EB point guard then hit some threes in the 4th period to make it a very close game right down to the end. Like I said, somebody else may have seen something that I didn't see.
I was also there and right by the play. I have no bias for either team. The Darby boy started it. He said something then got in the face of the player for eastern. I would have shoved him as well. No respect for the OH kid as far as I’m concerned. It was a good ball game. I think both teams will be better in a month or so down the road. Probably more frustrating of a loss for Eastern.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

GoAt 10 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:12 pm
I was also there and right by the play. I have no bias for either team. The Darby boy started it. He said something then got in the face of the player for eastern. I would have shoved him as well. No respect for the OH kid as far as I’m concerned. It was a good ball game. I think both teams will be better in a month or so down the road. Probably more frustrating of a loss for Eastern.
Both teams was jaw jacking, no one knows what was said between them but the two players.

You can't handle the truth

Return to “Boys Basketball”