2018-2019 Gallia Academy Basketball Schedule

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Re: 2018-2019 Gallia Academy Basketball Schedule

Post by SEOAL74 »

I thought the Blue devils have played for the most part pretty good since the first Fairland game. They beat Chesapeake and Rock Hill, Portsmouth and they lost to Ironton in double OT could of won that game if they would have made their free throws in regulation and first ot, then against Warren one bad call on Call that ended in double technical foul and fouled Call out. Were only down 3 pts and we had a chance to tie or cut the lead to 1 pt at the end of 3rd quarter that turned the game into a blow out. Then against Coal Grove we had the game under control and had too many turn overs at the end of game that cost the Blue Devils the win. I thought River Valley was their worst game in that stretch. Then really played well second half against Fairland and could have won that game if it hadn't been for a three quarter of the court luck shot that really was big in Fairland hanging on for the win. The game tonight against Portsmouth Caleb Henry took charge as a point guard and ran the offense really well and yes he made his foul shots which is critical when you drive the ball to basket because you are going to get fouled. Call was Call tonight and made shot after shot and Bailey Walker made a couple of big three's. The thing about this team is Blouir is hurt other players keep stepping up and helping this Blue Devil team to compete. McCellan had an off night and the Blue Devils still win by 18 pts thats a sign of a good team with Balance scoring. Yes they need to finish strong and win their remaining 3 games on the road. Hopefully Blouir will be ready by tourney I heard tonight he was getting closer to being back.

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

Didn’t get to go to the Point game but knew it would be a blowout anyway. I wasn’t crazy about how we played against Portsmouth. It’s hard to say because I felt we let them hang around too long. And clearly they are not a real good team. Unfortunately the same can be said for most of the OVC teams. However the second Fairland game definitely gives us hope. It appears this team will go as far as Cory Call can take them. McClelland needs to be more of an offensive threat as well. I don’t believe we will lose this week. We should overpower everyone this coming week. I’m concerned that our schedule and leaugue haven’t adequately prepared us for the postseason. I hope I’m wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time for sure. I can’t say Harrison is doing a great job though. I’ve never been too impressed with his abilities but I hope he makes me eat my words before the season is over. 14/20 wins last year were against teams with losing records. This year the Afrocentric close loss looked good at the time but doesn’t appear great now. I do hope I’m wrong and hope this team gets better. Go Blue Bleed Blue

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

How do you all feel about getting a 7 seed and Unioto at 8-9 gets the 6? You think that is fair?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Portsmouth game you didn’t use normal rotation or anything trying to give seniors a night. I took the foul shooting and defensive effort as what I like. And the in game adjustments.

The point game did not like the way we handled the 1-3-1 front court trap they through us and took us to long to adjust. That was the negative. On the positive you put up almost 70 and call and Mcellend score a combined 10 shows growth and depth.

I really didn’t love the game. But 2 games in a row with vastly improved foul shooting. Another good night for bailey walker and blain carter leading scorer.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:02 pm How do you all feel about getting a 7 seed and Unioto at 8-9 gets the 6? You think that is fair?
Well unioto probably has as many quality wins as blue devils has. But I think this was a more of a out of all the teams in this sectional I think the blue devils has biggest question mark.

Who is going to be available? How good are they. I know if I was Jackson, court house, McClain or waverly. I think I would of either rather played unioto or each other then Gallia Academy. Because the rest of them are known unities.

I knew when Zane trace was scouting Gallia Academy last night at point pleasant there was a good chance they were dropping.

As far as the match up goes Jackson has had blue devils number last couple of years and was the matchup I looked forward to the least.

But the draw is done. If you wanted to get to region you had to probably beat these teams sooner or later so it is what it is.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Gallia Academy beat Jackson last year at Gallia Academy 61 to 48 it was a very early season game though! Our big concern ought to be on beating RV. I know we just beat them by 18 points and play the bench almost all of last Quarter but we can't afford to overlook them and think ahead one game at a time. Weary about Jackson when the time comes.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I forgot all about that Jackson game. I could be totally wrong since I didn’t really remember us winning is this one of the few games Justin peck played and dominated?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have no idea what to think about the post season. I have no idea what to think. I don’t even know what we have, I am not sure anyone of us know what we have.

What I know is in every close game we have played in 2 years we are on the wrong side of almost everyone of them. Hopefully that means we have learned and we are due.

I think I know are tourney hopes will land mainly on how well we play defense. And how well we limit our turnovers. So with that said. I am not sure what 5 guys I would want to start or be on court at certain times.

Certainly in the last 2 weeks we have really turned it up on defense. And we have done it many different ways. And different personnel.

If we limit turnovers and play good defense this team will make enough shots to win. Especially if the foul shooting the last 3 games is something we can maintain.

Who are we as a team? What are we? I think we may be pretty good but I don’t know it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”