Only 23 Days 'til We Tip it Off in SEOhio Hoops !!! and counting ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Only 23 Days 'til We Tip it Off in SEOhio Hoops !!! and counting ...

Post by pfloyd »

... my first game on the 2018-19 Hoops Schedule is Logan entertaining Coach Hoops & the Unioto Shermans here at Jym's Gym on Friday November 30th ... Saturday games at the Zane Trace Tip Off Classic - a great way to keep the pencil sharp, the Napkin Stat sheets burning up to start the new campaign ... where is everyone starting their Cheap Seat season Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ? ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Only 46 Days 'til We Tip it Off in SEOhio Hoops !!! and counting ...

Post by Ironman92 »

I’m getting ready for this...gotta finish off XC and football first though

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I'll be coming to Chieftain country to see the TANKS and the Chieftains kick off the season . I will not have any twizzlers but I will have a snicker or 2 in case I turn into someone else .LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:32 pm I'll be coming to Chieftain country to see the TANKS and the Chieftains kick off the season . I will not have any twizzlers but I will have a snicker or 2 in case I turn into someone else .LOL
... I'm in trouble - I lost 35 pounds from Jan. through present ... I may have to cut down on my hoops diet of a hotdog or 2, water & twizzlers LOL ... the Tanks & Chiefs have kicked off with a bang the last few seasons ... some great games with last year Bo Myers knocking down 24 points in a 3 minutes 43 second span of play clock at the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th quarters in the Logan 71 -56 win last season - great game to watch from the cheap seats ...

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Amanda Clearcreek will play PV 12/1 at Zane Trace TOC but time yet tbd

Live Like A Champion!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:25 pm I’m getting ready for this...gotta finish off XC and football first though
I92 ... how many of the Jackson players play on the football team ? and you posted that Nevan Yates is not playing hoops for JHS - sitting out the hoops season ? ... with Jackson being in the Elite 8 Preseason picks I will be getting down to the Apple City to watch the Ironmen more often this season - look forward to making your acquaintance - "I92 - the man who got pfloyd to switch from the huddle to SEOPS back in the day " ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logangrad wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:56 pm Amanda Clearcreek will play PV 12/1 at Zane Trace TOC but time yet tbd
... pfloyd will be in the cheap seats at ZT for the Saturday action - has been my first stop for the regular season for many years now ... Logangrad - do you have the rest of the lineup for Saturday ? I've seen teams, but not the confirmed matchups ... Friday night has 3 excellent games too if the tentative schedule that I have seen (ArbiterLive) is accurate ... if the Purple boys weren't playing The U Friday night I'd be in the cheap seats at ZT on Friday night as well ...I want to touch bases with Coach Hoops & his staff Friday night at Logan - an excellent coach with a quality staff ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Saturday at ZT will be a great time ! getting a chance to touch bases with Coach Kellough - one of the best defensive coaches around , period ... ZT is the odds on favorites to take the SVC this season ... Coach K has always taken the time to chat hoops with old pfloyd ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Only 45 Days 'til We Tip it Off in SEOhio Hoops !!! and counting ...

Post by Raider6309 »

The new Pfloyd video board at the convo

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Meigs plays at Southern on Nov. 30th. Both teams looking to have good seasons this year as they return a lot from last year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 pm The new Pfloyd video board at the convo

... looks AWESOME Raider6309 !!! looks like HOME to me ! ... the 3 Weeks of the Convo will be EVEN BETTER !

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Only 44 Days 'til We Tip it Off in SEOhio Hoops !!! and counting ...

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth vs. Southeastern Ross at Piketon on Dec.1st........can't wait to see my new look Trojans. As athletic and well conditioned as any team in the SE District, just need to overcome some inexperience. GO TROJANS!!

mikepike
All State

Re: Only 43 Days 'til We Tip it Off in SEOhio Hoops !!! and counting ...

Post by mikepike »

Per my sources, Piketon will host 1 girls/3 boys games on Saturday, Dec. 1

Piketon Girls VS Whiteoak 2:45
Portsmouth VS Southeastern 4:30
Waverly VS Athens 6:15
Piketon VS Chesapeake 8:00

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Thanks, mikepike, for the times of the Piketon tournament........I might stay for the last 2 games, if the Buckeyes are not playing in the B10 championship game that night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mikepike wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:00 am Per my sources, Piketon will host 1 girls/3 boys games on Saturday, Dec. 1

Piketon Girls VS Whiteoak 2:45
Portsmouth VS Southeastern 4:30
Waverly VS Athens 6:15
Piketon VS Chesapeake 8:00
... good stuff mikepike ! thank you for the menu of games at the Oven ! Waverly vs Athens - a very intriguing match-up to kick off the season! along with the Piketon vs the Peake game wow ... I need to see what the "confirmed" Saturday lineup is at Zane Trace ... I may have to slip up the day and evening games and put some miles on the pfloyd mobile ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Only 41 Days 'til We Tip it Off in SEOhio Hoops !!! and counting ...

Post by pfloyd »

... just looked at Athens schedule on Arbiterlive ... the Bulldogs of Coach Cozart entertain Gallia Academy on Friday Nov 30th to tip off the season before traveling to Piketon to take on Waverly at the Piketon Classic the following night Dec 1st - THAT's diving head first into some quality games right from the git go !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Only 39 Days 'til We Tip it Off in SEOhio Hoops !!! and counting ...

Post by pfloyd »

... just placed my usual order for 3 Hoops Scorebooks to keep all of those Napkin Stats in the 2018-19 Boys Basketball Season/Post Season ... 90 HS Varsity BB games to be seen including the 3 Weeks of the Convo/Basketball 30 with Sweet Lou Horvath & Co. ... I've only been to C'bus twice to watch boys games - Watched Warren's appearance at the Big Show a few years ago (2013) vs ASVSM ... the only time before that was getting the opportunity to watch LeBron get beat by Beckham Wyrick & his Roger Bacon teammates in 2002 - that was the only time I have watched multiple games at the boys high school tournament in C'bus ... I'm a SouthEast District guy! what can I say ! - the state tourney is a step below Lou Horvath and Basketball 30 at the Convo ! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Only 34 Days 'til We Tip it Off in SEOhio Hoops !!! and counting ...

Post by pfloyd »

What's the Menu of Games for Friday Nov. 30th ?

Logan vs Unioto
Warren @ Marietta
Sheridan vs Liberty Union
Chillicothe vs Granville (at the Zanesville Tip Off Classic)
Jackson vs Bloom Carroll (Zane Trace Tip Off Classic)
Athens vs Gallia Academy
Eastern Brown @ Whiteoak
Logan Elm vs Bishop Ready (Zane Trace Tip Off Classic)
Piketon vs Lucasville Valley
Fairfield Leesburg @ Ripley
Fairfield Union vs Columbus West

What are others for the November 30th tip off night ?

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Oak Hill @ Eastern (Beaver)

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

River Valley at Eastern (Meigs) to begin the season on Nov. 30.

I dont know if it will be seen in wins and losses (yet), but I know RV will be an improved and better product on the court with Coach Bostic and Coach Sheets at the helm!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!

Return to “Boys Basketball”