Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd »

5 days until we tip off the 2018-19 hoops season Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Logan by 16 over Gallia Academy

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Great job pFloyd on this years previews

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... IF you have your teams Roster with number, name, heights, pos PLEASE get those turned in to mattash so he can get them loaded onto the seops.org website information ... from my travels all over SEOhio to watch games THE biggest issue I have is that MOST schools no longer print programs (due to costs I'm sure) with the rosters for the teams (home or away) ... as a person who needs the rosters for keeping Napkin Stats for the games having the rosters for the teams playing IS AWESOME ! I always go to the scorers table , ask if I can shoot a pic with my camera of each teams roster after they get them in the book BUT it sure makes things easier with a roster in hand prior to going into the games ... if you have them or can get them please do so and post them to the team page for mattash - thank you ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 4 days until my Purple host the SVC Champion Unioto Shermans ... I filled out my napkin stat sheets as best I could with the rosters posted for Unioto, Warren, Westfall, Athens, Waverly, Southeastern, McClain, Southeastern, Piketon ... missing the rosters & numbers for Portsmouth, Meigs, Chesapeake, Nelsonville York, New Hope Christian to get me through Friday, Saturday, & Tuesday's Pfloyd Tour games ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:50 pm ... 4 days until my Purple host the SVC Champion Unioto Shermans ... I filled out my napkin stat sheets as best I could with the rosters posted for Unioto, Warren, Westfall, Athens, Waverly, Southeastern, McClain, Southeastern, Piketon ... missing the rosters & numbers for Portsmouth, Meigs, Chesapeake, Nelsonville York, New Hope Christian to get me through Friday, Saturday, & Tuesday's Pfloyd Tour games ...
Gonna be a tough opener on the road for the young Sherman’s.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:06 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:50 pm ... 4 days until my Purple host the SVC Champion Unioto Shermans ... I filled out my napkin stat sheets as best I could with the rosters posted for Unioto, Warren, Westfall, Athens, Waverly, Southeastern, McClain, Southeastern, Piketon ... missing the rosters & numbers for Portsmouth, Meigs, Chesapeake, Nelsonville York, New Hope Christian to get me through Friday, Saturday, & Tuesday's Pfloyd Tour games ...
Gonna be a tough opener on the road for the young Sherman’s.
... mlittle - tough matchup for sure BUT Friday the 7th the U takes on their SVC foe Zane Trace in a BIG early season confrontation @ Unioto ... the game at Logan will Purple's first game without SIZE in the paint ... going to be interesting to see how the Chiefs adjust to THAT ... small ball - which plays into Unioto's strength as Coach Hoops doesn't have the big banger in the paint this season ... going to be a fun match-up imo ... last year it took Bo Myers going off for 23 points in 6 minutes (16 of those in the last 3:23 of the 3rd quarter) of playing time to give Logan the separation needed to beat the U ... Logan has lots of varsity veterans on the floor (everyone with almost 3 years of VARSITY experience - Bell boys, Bo Myers, Brooks, Little & Cassady) Logan will have 6-7 Justin Wolfe (jr) coming off the bench (JW worked out all Fall with Bo Myers & Tegan Myers) IF JW can be physical in the paint - Logan will have the size/strength to get it done down low - we'll see how the coaching staff use the size they have or will they go with small ball ) ... it will be fun to watch from the cheap seats either way !

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

wow no programs, seems lazy to me, great way to raise funds, get out there and sale

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... received some PM's from the coaching staff at Chesapeake with their roster and a PM with a change in the posted roster for Athens ... thanks guys, it's greatly appreciated ... If there's any posters from Meigs with the team roster & numbers please post those or PM them to me ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pa Trojan wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:58 pm wow no programs, seems lazy to me, great way to raise funds, get out there and sale
I totally understand the cost involved BUT I wish the home teams would at least print up a roster sheet for both teams OR post it on their school athletic website THAT would be the BEST route to go ...

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

buckeye23 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:37 am Coal Grove at #42..... :roll: they will win 15 games this year, and make another D4 tournament run :!: :!:

Ironton lost their best shooter in Adkins :shock:

Chesapeake will beat a few teams that are better than them because of Davis, but they will be down again :lol:

Fairland will be athletic and good on D. They have a solid freshman group coming up (not sure if any of them are ready for varsity bball though) :?: :?:

South Point has arguably the best guard in SEO in Fox. He is coming off of a knee injury though. 10-15 wins this year for the Pointers :?: :?

Gallia will be solid with 7'1" Loveday protecting the rim, and a solid group of veteran guards around him. They'll stay in the Top 8 all year. D2 is tough though :P
Loveday has to be around the rim to protect the rim. That is all I have to say about that. :roll:

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Watched Logan Elm scrimmage Waverly tonight. Great competition. Great guard play on both sides. Logan Elm will win a lot of games this year and is going to be nasty in two years!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ukfanatic wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:29 pm Watched Logan Elm scrimmage Waverly tonight. Great competition. Great guard play on both sides. Logan Elm will win a lot of games this year and is going to be nasty in two years!
... I totally agree Ukfanatic - those KIDS get it - fundamental basketball of both ends, shooters, get to the rim, play MY kinda D too LOL ... I like Coach Stiverson's TEAM ...

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Post by basketball12349 »

Watched a lot of games on Friday. Alexander really stood out. Sure they were just playing Fed Hock but without running any plays and just a motion offense and still being able to put up 45 points in a half is pretty good. A 90 point game is pretty good for high school regardless of who they play. I was impressed. Many other good games too.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:00 pm ... received some PM's from the coaching staff at Chesapeake with their roster and a PM with a change in the posted roster for Athens ... thanks guys, it's greatly appreciated ... If there's any posters from Meigs with the team roster & numbers please post those or PM them to me ...
pfloyd, will you post the Chesapeake and Athens rosters on the a Piketon Classic thread?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Will do ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mikepike wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:23 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:00 pm ... received some PM's from the coaching staff at Chesapeake with their roster and a PM with a change in the posted roster for Athens ... thanks guys, it's greatly appreciated ... If there's any posters from Meigs with the team roster & numbers please post those or PM them to me ...
pfloyd, will you post the Chesapeake and Athens rosters on the a Piketon Classic thread?
... Done

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Thanks. Stop by the scorers table and visit with eagles and myself.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mikepike wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:41 pm Thanks. Stop by the scorers table and visit with eagles and myself.
Absolutely will introduce myself.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... less than 24 hours before we tip off the 2018-19 hoops campaign Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ! Twizzlers/Napkin Stat sheets - check ...

... pfloyd wishes ALL teams in the SouthEast District nothing but the best this season ... great teams, great players, great coaches & great BB fans ALL the components for yet ANOTHER outstanding season Below the Line ... pfloyd will be crisscrossing the SE district from Nov. 30th through the 3 Weeks of the Convo - don't be a stranger !!! - stop up to the Cheap Seats and say hello ! ... "fairways & greens /safe travels" to ALL

Return to “Boys Basketball”