Where will Loveday sign????

Nigel Tufnel
Waterboy

Re: Where will Loveday sign????

Post by Nigel Tufnel »

I don't know anything about basketball recruiting websites and their accuracy, but this one does list a Louisville (and several other) offers:

https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Loveday-46048010/

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I don't know how accurate the websites are either. But I wish the young man nothing but success.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo! Get the pressure off go ahead and sign!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

He has a couple of more offers then that website lists. That is first time I have saw Florida though

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Go to OU. Dominate the MAC. We never have a good big guy

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I say OSU work a deal to get him in the band there and he play there. I’ve heard he likes the band more than basketball.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I do think the young man ends up at OSU.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Waverly69
Waterboy

Post by Waverly69 »

I don’t think he is a talented basketball player. He reminds me of the cinnamon jacks thing very tiny he needs to put on some weight if he wants to hang with the big guys in the MAC

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waverly69 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 am I don’t think he is a talented basketball player. He reminds me of the cinnamon jacks thing very tiny he needs to put on some weight if he wants to hang with the big guys in the MAC
Can’t teach 7 foot tall. A program will get him in there sit him for a year and get him in the weight room.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

He’s got offers from

Louisville
Indiana
Florida
Ohio St
Purdue

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

He’s a nationally ranked player

247 has him at 48
Rivals has him at 51

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Waverly69 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 am I don’t think he is a talented basketball player. He reminds me of the cinnamon jacks thing very tiny he needs to put on some weight if he wants to hang with the big guys in the MAC
And you obviously know more than the coaching staffs at Ohio State, Louisville, Indiana, and Florida among others.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

You’re dumb

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

He should go where he'll play. He'll get lost in the shuffle at Div 1 Big Conference School. Just my opinion. Those 5 star elite kids that are 6'7 and 6'8 will jump higher than him....

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

mrwonderful wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 am He should go where he'll play. He'll get lost in the shuffle at Div 1 Big Conference School. Just my opinion. Those 5 star elite kids that are 6'7 and 6'8 will jump higher than him....
The same ones that he competes with all spring and summer and has shown that he can play against.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

7 feet tall with that wingspan is going to create havoc. I think he’s a better player then you guys are giving him credit for. They only rank 100 Jrs in America and he’s one of them.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:08 pm 7 feet tall with that wingspan is going to create havoc. I think he’s a better player then you guys are giving him credit for. They only rank 100 Jrs in America and he’s one of them.
That’s a fact and his game has transcended and evolved to the perimeter. Not too many people are growing 7 footers who can handle the ball and shoot 3’s. He’ll only get better as he matures. Hell, the kid is only 17. 4 years in a major D1 program with strength and conditioning. I truly believe the sky is the limit for him and that means playing at the highest level after college.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:51 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:08 pm 7 feet tall with that wingspan is going to create havoc. I think he’s a better player then you guys are giving him credit for. They only rank 100 Jrs in America and he’s one of them.
That’s a fact and his game has transcended and evolved to the perimeter. Not too many people are growing 7 footers who can handle the ball and shoot 3’s. He’ll only get better as he matures. Hell, the kid is only 17. 4 years in a major D1 program with strength and conditioning. I truly believe the sky is the limit for him and that means playing at the highest level after college.
Actually he may even still be 16

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I’ve always said you cant teach size. This kid is 7’ - once he gets to college they will concentrate CONCENTRATE on adding much needed weight, bulk and strength to this young man. I can see him sitting year one as they do that. It may take him his 3rd year to really make a difference on the floor but at his height sky is the limit, no pun intended.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

He has planned to red shirt a year is my understanding that understanding has came with most of these offers. Because he doesn’t want to go to a prep school.

He doesn’t like band more then basketball. But he is not a dumb kid he realizes in less then 24 months a lot of things he enjoys doing he won’t be able to do as much as basketball becomes more important. I think it is great that he is enjoying being a kid. And that his parents are allowing him to be.

He only weighed about 150 as a freshmen 170 as a sohmore he weighs about 190. An active kid putting 20 lbs on a year at 16 to 17 about as much as your going to get. Figure he will be over 200 as a senior. I think you would see him as a redshirt freshman at about 230 he would be a beast.

Return to “Boys Basketball”