Flash Photography - Does your school allow it for basketball?

toast
All State

Flash Photography - Does your school allow it for basketball?

Post by toast »

I'm curious if flash photography is being allowed for high school basketball games. Perhaps a ref or school official could provide some insight. Thanks!

Greenbobcats3
Waterboy

Re: Flash Photography - Does your school allow it for basketball?

Post by Greenbobcats3 »

i wish green had some photographers to take pictures of the boys basketball team but i guess there really bad but i think there really good

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Greenbobcats3 wrote:i wish green had some photographers to take pictures of the boys basketball team but i guess there really bad but i think there really good
They won on Tuesday! :D

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Minford does not allow it. They actually announce to turn your flashes off if you will be taking pictures.

Irefroundball
Waterboy

Post by Irefroundball »

e.) In the sport of basketball, photographers are prohibited to position themselves along the baseline within the lane area of the court.

1. The first violation of this policy shall result in a warning from contest managers or the OHSAA, and the second violation of this policy shall result in the removal of the photographer from the contest facility by contest managers or the OHSAA.

2. Photographers may position themselves along the baseline outside the lane area of the court and are permitted to use electronic attachments (flash) mounted to a camera as specified above.

3. The use of remote-operated cameras behind a basket is permitted so long as the guidelines listed above are followed.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

It used to be allowed by the OHSAA photography guidelines for all sports except volleyball and diving. But that was for press photographers. Usually if you are not creating a disturbance the refs won't say anything to you. I have had coaches ask me to turn the flash on my camera off b/c the players say its distracting them. But at one time you could if you were a member of the pres, those rules may have changed.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Nowadays with all the IPhones, Androids and Tablets that take pictures... It seems most schools would remind people in attendance if they use the camera, turn the flash off... At least before each half.

Return to “Boys Basketball”