South Webster Jeeps

art_vandelay
SE

Re: South Webster Jeeps

Post by art_vandelay »

Jeeps should take a step back this year record-wise, but will be a tough out come D4 tourney. 6'5" junior Shiloah Blevins may be best D4 player in the District and plenty of underclassmen saw varsity time last year. Could see them being a .500 or below team that still ends up playing at the Convo. Webster lost an incoming freshman to Burg who would've helped, but future still looking bright for Jeeps as they are stacked up with talent coming from the junior high/elementary next few years.*

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Cleaned up thread.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Is D4 going to be any good?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Losing Truitt gonna hurt some.

Blevins will have to be a leader on this team. I won't be surprised if they struggle early but push towards .500 and make a tough matchup 6-8 seed when that time comes.

Their 8th grade has one of the best scorers in a very talented southern Ohio grade level. Zimmerman can play. Blizzard kid has a place as well. 7th grade has a stud kid that is as strong looking 7th grader I've ever seen.

Kids will need to all step up this season.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

ironman92: thanks for the updates on the Webster junior high kids (here and in junior high forum). I see those classes being special (Regional-type teams) at Webster when they get to be juniors/seniors.

Ed Ott: I look for D4 to be down in SEOhio next year. Lots of talent across the District graduated last year. Good thing though is that the path to State got a lot easier for SEOhio D4 teams with the competitive balance numbers that caused teams like Africentric, Wellington, Harvest Prep, etc. to move up to D3. Wish for Clay this would've been in effect last year.*

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Is South Webster moving to the SOC 1 in 2019? Eastern is now Division 3 and I've read that they may be moving to the SOC 2.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Blevins got hurt during their soccer game vs. NW and didn't play in their regional final. If he is late getting started into basketball, it would set them back a bit.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The Jeeps will stay in SOC 2.. they had a vote and it will be 9 SOC 2 teams and 7 SOC 1 teams.. South Webster as well as the other SOC 2 schools all wanted South Webster to stay in SOC 2.

Blevins isn't hurt. He tweaked an ankle in the NW game, came back in, and DID play in the Regional Final. He's ready to go for basketball season.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Thanks bbjunky81.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Players and coaches seem to be adjusting well. Late Start Monday due to Success of soccer. ( not a bad thing)

I look forward to watching the young Jeeps grow and improve during the season. Try and make a run!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

This team looked good in the games I watched over the summer, they have the talent to be good. Blevins looked really good, shot from everywhere.

GO EAGLES
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I still see the Jeeps being a tough out in D4 by end of the season. Shiloah Blevins gonna have a huge year. Starting 5 likely will be Smith (soph) at PG, Ruth (junior) at 2, Coriell (soph) at 3, Edwards (junior) at 4, and Blevins (junior) at 5. Jeeps will have better depth this year as well. Not a senior in the program, so this team may start out slow but will get better as season goes on.*

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

If Holstein is playing this year, I see him being in the starting lineup. He played very physical this season in Soccer. That is exactly what they will need. He would have seen valuable varsity minutes last year if he would have played.

If you want the right to complain you must be doing one of two things:
1. Doing your best to make yourself better
2. Doing something to make the world better

If you are not doing one of these things then shut your mouth!
Mash Potato
Waterboy

Post by Mash Potato »

Burg kids playing for Regional Title in football this weekend, SW kids participating in a school musical..whew! going to be a long regular season for the Jeeps. But, with the move to Meigs sectional, they could still reach the Convo. Blevins is really all they have. Young guards may struggle to handle the ball, but will get better as the year goes on.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Mash Potato wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:27 am Burg kids playing for Regional Title in football this weekend, SW kids participating in a school musical..whew! going to be a long regular season for the Jeeps. But, with the move to Meigs sectional, they could still reach the Convo. Blevins is really all they have. Young guards may struggle to handle the ball, but will get better as the year goes on.
Wow...crazy they have to go to Meigs.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Mash Potato wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:27 am Burg kids playing for Regional Title in football this weekend, SW kids participating in a school musical..whew! going to be a long regular season for the Jeeps. But, with the move to Meigs sectional, they could still reach the Convo. Blevins is really all they have. Young guards may struggle to handle the ball, but will get better as the year goes on.
Lol..I get the sentiment, but Burg not really Webster's competition. Webster has won maybe 2 SOC II championships in the 25+ years they been there. Since they moved to D4, they are playing for sectional/district championships, not conference championships. And if Blevins all they got, that still might be enough for a trip to the Convo. As for the musical, I not touchin that one.*

Mash Potato
Waterboy

Post by Mash Potato »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:43 am
Lol..I get the sentiment, but Burg not really Webster's competition. Webster has won maybe 2 SOC II championships in the 25+ years they been there. Since they moved to D4, they are playing for sectional/district championships, not conference championships. And if Blevins all they got, that still might be enough for a trip to the Convo. As for the musical, I not touchin that one.*
Oh I know they aren’t Burg’s competition, but just making the point that look at what schools like Burg are doing this weekend. Shoot, look at what other d4 schools are doing this weekend. Scrimmages, practice, etc. And look at what SW is doing. I thought SW was supposed to have a scrimmage this weekend but the school made the cancel for school play

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

Mash Potato wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:06 am
Oh I know they aren’t Burg’s competition, but just making the point that look at what schools like Burg are doing this weekend. Shoot, look at what other d4 schools are doing this weekend. Scrimmages, practice, etc. And look at what SW is doing. I thought SW was supposed to have a scrimmage this weekend but the school made the cancel for school play
Mash potato :lol:
Last edited by burgpirater on Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Yeah, if they made them cancel a scrimmage for the musical, then I see the issue. This has been an issue for last 2 coaches at Webster and sounds like Cole already dealing with it.

I don't have a problem with kids playing basketball and doing the musical, but kids should be able to play 2 sports in same season (like soccer and cross country) if that's the case. And I know that very issue was shot down by administration/school board last year.*

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Yeah, if they made them cancel a scrimmage for the musical, then I see the issue. This has been an issue for last 2 coaches at Webster and sounds like Cole already dealing with it.

I don't have a problem with kids playing basketball and doing the musical, but kids should be able to play 2 sports in same season (like soccer and cross country) if that's the case. And I know that very issue was shot down by administration/school board last year.*
I think it’s great that these kids get a chance to do these musicals. Shows our kids are diverse in their interests. It also shows how these kids support each other. Our athletes choose to perform in these activities. They choose to support those kids that don’t play sports and this is their extracurricular activity. Probably one reason why Webster is one of the top rated schools in the state for past few years. Banners in the cafeteria prove it. After all the main reason those kids are in school is to learn. Not to play sports. I want a person coming out of school working with me and can be creative and make a difference in the work place. Not one who keeps reliving their athletic careers over and over. Memories are good but some people that is all they have. That’s sad.

If you want the right to complain you must be doing one of two things:
1. Doing your best to make yourself better
2. Doing something to make the world better

If you are not doing one of these things then shut your mouth!

Return to “Boys Basketball”