Basketball Shoes

VisionQuest
All State

Basketball Shoes

Post by VisionQuest »

I have been noticing more and more players going to the Low Profile Basketball Shoe. What are people's thoughts on this?? What are the Advantages vs Disadvantages. Over the last couple years I have seen some pretty bad injuries from players wearing these. Why wouldn't a player want to wear a higher profile shoe to protect their Ankles?? Or at least wear some Ankle Braces with the Low Profile shoes. Wanting to hear thought on this.

gametime
SE

Re: Basketball Shoes

Post by gametime »

A lot of kids wear the lower shoe to wear the ankle brace, I ask a couple kids and they say brace feels better on low top. And one kid said they look better.

You can't handle the truth
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Style

Kobe Bryant shoes

Shorts trending back shorter too

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Lots of kids wear ankle braces or tape their ankles....seems like it would be easier to just wear the high tops

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Kids are building strength in their ankles and and knee area thru programs suitable for that kid . It seems like injuries are down but the old saying is that if you have weak ankles you have that need for ankle braces and or high tops . Low tops right now are a trend . The old converse high tops of the 60 and 70 did little to reduce injuries .I am assuming high tops of today adds more stability in the foot which should help prevent most injuries. Let's just hope for all to have an injury free season ! I think it's a matter of preference .

Return to “Boys Basketball”