New Transfer Rule Passed. Goes into effect 5/16/18

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Re: New Transfer Rule Passed. Goes into effect 5/16/18

Post by donaldtrump »

The Donald loves this rule!!!!!!!The holdback and transfer epidemic was getting out of hand.....90% percent of this was over sports and everyone knows it.....Building travel teams....This is High School not College....The liberals keep saying it takes a village to raise your kid! lol...Well it finally took the OHSSA to step in and stop this nonsense...So to Ohio High School sports fans: "IT TAKES OHSSA TO RAISE YOUR KIDS"!

"I'M THE DONALD AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE"

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

We have a place for politics... Use it please.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 am Good for the OHSAA! This, along with competitive balance being instituted, are two gigantic steps in the right direction.
Amen

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

osumufan wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 am
AIM wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:57 am Why would private schools have lobbied for this? Transfer/sitting out rules apply to them as well.

How about everyone on here get real!!!! There are a few kids who transfer for bad situations/not right fit; but PRIMARILY it is because everyone thinks their kid is the star! their kid deserves a D1 scholarship and their only going to get it by going to blank school. How many kids do all of you see who have not transferred once, but twice because of playing time, differences with coaches, coaching changes?
You are treating these HIGH SCHOOL athletes as professional free agents, come on.
The mentality that they are only kids once and they should get to do what they want, what is fun and easy and blah, blah, blah is exactly what is wrong with the "entitlement society" today! That is NOT preparing kids for a job they hate but can't quit because they have to pay the bills, or having to live in a house they don't care for because it is not selling. Go ahead and coddle these kids and go out of your way to make sure they have all their hearts desire and I can assure you, you will be bailing them out and supporting them for years to come when things don't go their way in the REAL world.
This is SPOT ON! Best post I've seem in a while
Now that's hitting the nail right on the head...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 am Good for the OHSAA! This, along with competitive balance being instituted, are two gigantic steps in the right direction.
Now they need to do something about the public and private schools. Private schools have no business playing public schools in the playoffs

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Transfers Now Will Only be Eligible the First Half of Season

Post by Mad-Dogg »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:45 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:59 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:32 pm Private schools must have lobbied for this one. Didn’t get enough private championship games.

Couldn't agree more!!

Once again they slap the public schools and do NOTHING in regards to private schools. They can still bring in players at will

What a COS!!!!!
How exactly is this a “slap” to the public schools?
How is it not. A private school can recruit with no punishment. Yet if a kid transfers from a school to a different school they get penalized. That to me is a slap in the face

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

People will try and get around the penalty if possible . A couple questions #1 if a player has a relative in the transfer school district and they use that as the residence how or will that be checked out by OHSAA . #2 Say a player lives in one school district but their parent ownes a small pc of land with no physical address in another is the transfer allowed without penalty ? Now will the OHSAA realize the injustice in D1 In Basketball , Baseball, Softball ,Track and Field and some of the others. To much spread on enrollment in D1.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 pm People will try and get around the penalty if possible . A couple questions #1 if a player has a relative in the transfer school district and they use that as the residence how or will that be checked out by OHSAA . #2 Say a player lives in one school district but their parent ownes a small pc of land with no physical address in another is the transfer allowed without penalty ? Now will the OHSAA realize the injustice in D1 In Basketball , Baseball, Softball ,Track and Field and some of the others. To much spread on enrollment in D1.
It has to be a valid address with Utilities in the parent/gaurdians name.
If a student moves in with a relative, just cause is supposed to be shown and that gaurdian has to go through the process of getting physical custody.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:55 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Couldn't agree more!!

Once again they slap the public schools and do NOTHING in regards to private schools. They can still bring in players at will

What a COS!!!!!
How is it not. A private school can recruit with no punishment. Yet if a kid transfers from a school to a different school they get penalized. That to me is a slap in the face
What are you talking about? Recruiting under athletic pretenses is illegal for all schools.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:41 am
Now they need to do something about the public and private schools. Private schools have no business playing public schools in the playoffs
Agree
However, nothing will change cause the privates have the $ and control OHSAA

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:59 am
What are you talking about? Recruiting under athletic pretenses is illegal for all schools.

It’s not illegal for Jackson apparently.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WellstonLover wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 am

How so? Let’s hear it. Put it on here. What has Jackson done that is illegal?

Does Wellston have any transfers from Vinton County? Has Wellston ever had a coach reprimanded by the OHSAA for recruiting violations? Has Jackson?

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Does Wellston have any transfers from Vinton County? Has Wellston ever had a coach reprimanded by the OHSAA for recruiting violations? Has Jackson?

Wellston transfers actually live in the district. Jackson’s transfers still live in Vinton County. Pretty clear cut. I’m not sure how else to say it. It’s cheating. Jackson may not be cheating, but they are turning a blind eye to the parents who are getting around the rules. I’m not sure how much more clear it can be.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WellstonLover wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Wellston transfers actually live in the district. Jackson’s transfers still live in Vinton County. Pretty clear cut. I’m not sure how else to say it. It’s cheating. Jackson may not be cheating, but they are turning a blind eye to the parents who are getting around the rules. I’m not sure how much more clear it can be.
If they aren’t living there during the season I guess we’ll just forfeit all wins.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:54 pm

If they aren’t living there during the season I guess we’ll just forfeit all wins.
The rule states that they must be living it the district for the transfer to be approved. They have been approved. They aren’t living there. The rules have already been broken!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WellstonLover wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:34 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:54 pm

The rule states that they must be living it the district for the transfer to be approved. They have been approved. They aren’t living there. The rules have already been broken!
I guess we’ll forfeit our summer league wins if true

If an AD and a principal make a home visit and are greeted at the door by the transfered kids....just not sure on what you are saying is Jackson recruitment

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Get over it people. Transfer rule is a joke. Just open it up to everyone. Don't really agree with that but it's high school sports and the honest will pay and the cheaters will win.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

E High wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 am Get over it people. Transfer rule is a joke. Just open it up to everyone. Don't really agree with that but it's high school sports and the honest will pay and the cheaters will win.
Sounds like a built in excuse and also diminishing from the good teams that are following all of the rules.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

You obviously have a TON of resentment issues. I mean if you have all this evidence Jackson is cheating then you should take to OHSAA and stop crying foul on a forum. I mean trying to say, "they're in district", if they're zoned for VC and go to Wellston then they're a transfer. I mean you want to see cheating just go to a Wellston home gone, man oh man will you see the homer rule in place. :lol: You simply just keep crying over the same thing, yeah you're a Wellston supporter and hate Jackson. Basically what you're spewing is borderline slander especially when you offer zero evidence to support your statement. I mean you're soooo far off topic you're not even addressing the rule but trying to bash an individual school. It's high school football and lower level at that, Wellston missing 1-2 athletes here and there isn't going to change the .500 ball club they typically are. I'm not a Jackson supporter either just trying to give you a little insight into how you're coming off right now and it's very petty.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

TVC wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:03 am
Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:41 am
Agree
However, nothing will change cause the privates have the $ and control OHSAA
sad but true

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Boys Basketball”