Wheelersburg's Tanner Holden

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Wheelersburg's Tanner Holden

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i just seen on twitter that tanner just received his forth offer from marshall university. he also has offers from ohio univ, cleveland state and akron. here are the links from his twitter account. congrats tanner

offer one: https://twitter.com/tannerholden_23/sta ... 2840825856

offer two: https://twitter.com/tannerholden_23/sta ... 7780056066

offer three: https://twitter.com/tannerholden_23/sta ... 1245760513

offer four: https://twitter.com/tannerholden_23/sta ... 2541112321

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg's Tanner Holden

Post by 4thgoal »

Very nice, especially considering he has 2 more years. I have heard the team has looked really good at the Dayton and Marshall scrimmages.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ive never seen him play in person. Looks like he has a lot of potential. Looks like he needs to get a stronger but already looks D1 mid major good. Hopefully he ends up at OU

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Still a ways to go in his career, but I think he could end up playing at Marshall which is where his father played.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:08 am Still a ways to go in his career, but I think he could end up playing at Marshall which is where his father played.
He could go big time in football

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Most of the major AAU showcases are held in July/August, making it hard to play football. Seems his family's love is basketball. Most kids like him that love basketball do not have the measurables to go major D1 like he does and have a better chance at football. With solid D1 offers in hand it's very risky playing football.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Mid major offers and interest in basketball
Drawing a lot of Interest from teams in big time football Conferences
Ultimately up to the young man and his family

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I think these 1 sport kids hurt high school athletic programs just my opinion.. they don't want to play because they are afraid of getting hurt that is stupid..you can get hurt walking down the road.. this is not abut any specific kid at any school..I see it happening all over the soc

SOC 1
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

He is playing football for the Burg and will be a hard WR to contain. He has great hands and his YAC is off the charts. He has a nose for the end zone.

Look for him to have a big game this Saturday against Ironton.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:21 am I think these 1 sport kids hurt high school athletic programs just my opinion.. they don't want to play because they are afraid of getting hurt that is stupid..you can get hurt walking down the road.. this is not abut any specific kid at any school..I see it happening all over the soc
Basketball is hard to be D1 and play other sports since AAU has a huge summer schedule

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:00 pm
Seabee_0586 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:21 am I think these 1 sport kids hurt high school athletic programs just my opinion.. they don't want to play because they are afraid of getting hurt that is stupid..you can get hurt walking down the road.. this is not abut any specific kid at any school..I see it happening all over the soc
Basketball is hard to be D1 and play other sports since AAU has a huge summer schedule
Are you serious? The kid already has numerous offers in both sports and you act like it can't be done.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:47 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:00 pm
Are you serious? The kid already has numerous offers in both sports and you act like it can't be done.
I just said he's D1 in the first post. He asked why kids play only basketball.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

What school's are looking at him for football?

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

He was impressive against Ironton. His basketball and football skills put me in mind of a young Randy Moss except without the trouble off court and field.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:16 am What school's are looking at him for football?
Who knows maybe Urban if he makes the trip to see his son and Watterson play Friday night.

Stranger things have happened lol.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:55 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:16 am What school's are looking at him for football?
Who knows maybe Urban if he makes the trip to see his son and Watterson play Friday night.

that would be awesome. i've heard from several different sources that him and shelly are gonna be in one of the boxes on our press box

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:25 pm

that would be awesome. i've heard from several different sources that him and shelly are gonna be in one of the boxes on our press box
I have heard the same as well. I heard from a source with very high authority in Scioto County that arrangements were being made earlier this week to set up security for them.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:57 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:25 pm

I have heard the same as well. I heard from a source with very high authority in Scioto County that arrangements were being made earlier this week to set up security for them.
i've heard that to

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

After his performance Friday night football may just be his best sport for the next level.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

smurray wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:01 pm After his performance Friday night football may just be his best sport for the next level.
That is possibly correct, but he still has 2 more years of basketball, so anything can happen. I do think that 6'6" receivers are a hotter commodity than 6'6" basketball players, but at the end of the day he will make the decision that makes him happy and I am confident he will be successful at whichever path he chooses.

Return to “Boys Basketball”