Re: 2018-19 Logan Chieftains

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Very good road win tonight!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Record: 11-2

11/30 vs. Unioto.........................................................................................................................................W 66-47
12/8 @ Gahanna Lincoln................................................................................................................................L 80-66
12/11 @ Lancaster.......................................................................................................................................W 65-37
12/15 vs. Chillicothe....................................................................................................................................W 56-50
12/18 vs. Parkersburg...................................................................................................................................W 72-43
12/22 vs. Hilliard Davidson (Capital City Coaches for a Cure Classic @ Capital U)............................................................L 41-35
12/28 vs. Gallia Academy...............................................................................................................................W 60-42
1/3 @ Watkins Memorial................................................................................................................................W 67-40
1/5 vs. Teays Valley......................................................................................................................................W 62-48
1/8 @ Whitehall-Yearling................................................................................................................................W 49-37
1/15 @ Pickerington North..............................................................................................................................W 67-44
1/23 @ Mount Vernon....................................................................................................................................W 43-30
1/25 @ St. Charles.......................................................................................................................................W 64-52
1/29 @ Chillicothe
2/1 vs. Massillon Washington
2/2 vs. Parkersburg South
2/5 @ Nelsonville-York
2/9 @ Vinton County
2/12 vs. Sheridan
2/15 vs. Athens
2/16 @ Warren
Last edited by Chieftain2009 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Good team road win . Only 5 TO and 4 were offensive charging fouls( per LDN). St Charles has been a tough place for the Chiefs . Small Gym with no spacing on the out of bounds . Tough D again . St Charles adjusted at half and used both big bodies but the Chiefs adjusted also . Logan had really good spacing on offense and moved the ball well . Help defense was excellent . Just a very good win .St, Charles is a very good but A young team that will be a force the next couple years . Keep it going Chiefs . One more road game in this away from home January then back home for a nice change.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I think it’s been too understated as far as how well this team is playing. Winning 7 in a row and FIVE GAMES ON THE ROAD during this stretch is pretty stellar.

Live Like A Champion!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logangrad wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:29 am I think it’s been too understated as far as how well this team is playing. Winning 7 in a row and FIVE GAMES ON THE ROAD during this stretch is pretty stellar.
... only 5 TOs AGAIN is outstanding ! I believe that makes it 5, 5, 10, 5 turnovers in the last 4 games ... with the D Logan plays, AND taking care of the ball - which means they are maximizing shots on goal every trip down ... great formula for getting W's ... the Chiefs start playing some SEOhio opponents starting with the trip to the Hat next Tuesday night to take on Coach Huffer/Coach Beard and the Cavs of Chillicothe ... Logan beat CHS by 6 in Logan ... Chilli is a different team from THAT team - Noel/Maughmer/Beard with now lots of supporting offense from Postage, Christian Benson AND now Vincent Roper contributing offensively as well ... going to be a GREAT game to see from the Cheap Seats Tuesday night !!!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:57 am
Logangrad wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:29 am I think it’s been too understated as far as how well this team is playing. Winning 7 in a row and FIVE GAMES ON THE ROAD during this stretch is pretty stellar.
... only 5 TOs AGAIN is outstanding ! I believe that makes it 5, 5, 10, 5 turnovers in the last 4 games ... with the D Logan plays, AND taking care of the ball - which means they are maximizing shots on goal every trip down ... great formula for getting W's ... the Chiefs start playing some SEOhio opponents starting with the trip to the Hat next Tuesday night to take on Coach Huffer/Coach Beard and the Cavs of Chillicothe ... Logan beat CHS by 6 in Logan ... Chilli is a different team from THAT team - Noel/Maughmer/Beard with now lots of supporting offense from Postage, Christian Benson AND now Vincent Roper contributing offensively as well ... going to be a GREAT game to see from the Cheap Seats Tuesday night !!!
Logans not the same team either . I bet Logan would love to have the Gahanna and Davidson game over . Not turning the ball over gives them more scoring chances and each game their D gets better. The Cavs are also not the same team . They are settling in like good teams will at this point of the season . I bet they would like to have at least the ZT over again . Going to be a good one Tuesday night . 2 quality teams . The Cavs have a quality a quality Team In Upper Arlington tonight to get ready. I won't miss this one .

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I just reread CF post and 4 of the 5 TO were charging calls . That's insane . That's being aggressive and taking it to the hole .Nothing wrong with that. I see some good teams and they still turn it over 15 to 18 times . Playing on the road and taking care of the rock is impressive !

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Made the trip across town to watch the purple boy last night. Even brought Mrs Locos and little Ms Locos.

First - I love the little band box the Cardinals call home. And watch for St Chucks - a couple of really nice freshmen and some other underclassmen. Going to be a contender in the near future.

The Chiefs exhibited what makes them special - outstanding team play, patience on offense, and stifling defense. Bo Myers will always be “the man” on this team - but his selflessness is part of what makes him special. StC did a nice job limiting him. He took up space in the post and pulled big guys out to create opportunities for his teammates.

And the Bell boys, Layton Cassady, and even Landon Little took advantage.

So for those who ask “what will Logan do if Myers is off” - last night was a great example of how they’ll beat good teams through excellent effort, skill, and teamwork.

Oh, and Bo still managed to score 14 points.

It was another great road win. I think next Tuesday could be their toughest challenge yet. On the road against a team who has seen them already. Did Logan have a single home/away opponent last season?

The Hat will be rockin’ I’m sure.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Fundamental basketball!! The way it should be!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

loganlocos wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:30 pm Made the trip across town to watch the purple boy last night. Even brought Mrs Locos and little Ms Locos.

First - I love the little band box the Cardinals call home. And watch for St Chucks - a couple of really nice freshmen and some other underclassmen. Going to be a contender in the near future.

The Chiefs exhibited what makes them special - outstanding team play, patience on offense, and stifling defense. Bo Myers will always be “the man” on this team - but his selflessness is part of what makes him special. StC did a nice job limiting him. He took up space in the post and pulled big guys out to create opportunities for his teammates.

And the Bell boys, Layton Cassady, and even Landon Little took advantage.

So for those who ask “what will Logan do if Myers is off” - last night was a great example of how they’ll beat good teams through excellent effort, skill, and teamwork.

Oh, and Bo still managed to score 14 points.

It was another great road win. I think next Tuesday could be their toughest challenge yet. On the road against a team who has seen them already. Did Logan have a single home/away opponent last season?

The Hat will be rockin’ I’m sure.
I ,m pretty sure Vinton County And Athens were the only Home and Away last year . I miss the league format of the Home and away . Being an Independent effects so much and takes away from rivalries . Hope that changes soon.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:42 am
Fundamental basketball!! The way it should be!
Those Fundamentals and good Man to Man Defense was taught the right way at an early age . Great to see Basketball played as it was meant to be played . The support they have for each other and the support of Chieftain NATION is impressive and second to no one . Good luck to the Purple Gang !

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Chiefs remain at #10 in the D1 AP Poll. Zach Fleer (The Pfloyd of Central Ohio Basketball), has Logan ranked at #5 in the D1 Central District, after being ranked #6 last week.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan has announced one of the games they have put on the schedule as a makeup from the washed out Route 40 Classic. They will play at Nelsonville-York, next Tuesday, February 5th. A JV/Varsity doubleheader.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Chieftain Fan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:06 am
I ,m pretty sure Vinton County And Athens were the only Home and Away last year . I miss the league format of the Home and away . Being an Independent effects so much and takes away from rivalries . Hope that changes soon.
Thanks. Forgot about those two. And yes, hopefully more home and home league games in the not too distant future.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Record: 11-3

11/30 vs. Unioto.........................................................................................................................................W 66-47
12/8 @ Gahanna Lincoln................................................................................................................................L 80-66
12/11 @ Lancaster.......................................................................................................................................W 65-37
12/15 vs. Chillicothe....................................................................................................................................W 56-50
12/18 vs. Parkersburg...................................................................................................................................W 72-43
12/22 vs. Hilliard Davidson (Capital City Coaches for a Cure Classic @ Capital U)............................................................L 41-35
12/28 vs. Gallia Academy...............................................................................................................................W 60-42
1/3 @ Watkins Memorial................................................................................................................................W 67-40
1/5 vs. Teays Valley......................................................................................................................................W 62-48
1/8 @ Whitehall-Yearling................................................................................................................................W 49-37
1/15 @ Pickerington North..............................................................................................................................W 67-44
1/23 @ Mount Vernon....................................................................................................................................W 43-30
1/25 @ St. Charles.......................................................................................................................................W 64-52
1/29 @ Chillicothe.......................................................................................................................................L 52-47
2/1 vs. Massillon Washington
2/2 vs. Parkersburg South
2/9 @ Vinton County
2/12 vs. Sheridan
2/15 vs. Athens
2/16 @ Warren
Last edited by Chieftain2009 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Looks like Logan will NOT be playing NY on Tuesday now.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:13 pm Looks like Logan will NOT be playing NY on Tuesday now.
Any reason why not? Not much for Logan to gain but gym time. But could help NY to keep build on next year.

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “Boys Basketball”