2018/19 SOC2

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: SOC II predictions 2018-19

Post by smurray »

Lightle04 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:33 pm I like Waverly this year. No disrespect to Burg but football will cause a little issue for them nothing they won’t overcome by tournament time. Waverly has some returning seniors I think will help them a lot. Webster will be the team that steals a win from Burg or Waverly that swings the league title I think.
I agree, I don’t think SW wins the league but they could decide it....

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

I don’t see any absolute favorites. It will be a battle of matchups each night. Who can be consistent? This is where oak hill is dangerous. Burg has shooters. But they seem to live by the 3-ball. Even with Holden. Minford has shooters and dalton. Waverly will be interesting with youngsters coming in. How will daddy ball effect that line up and how Will upper class man handle that? They always bring the intensity. I like watching them play. Northwest should have been loaded with that jr. class. They were men in 8th grade. Valley has some good athletes with shoupe (sp?). Don’t know anything about the west side. Of course my jeeps will be dangerous this year. Question will be are the juniors finally ready to play? Long and athletic. Good shooters, good ball handlers. Shiloah will be shiloah. Question for them is how much will they want it?
This should be a fun season for everyone.

If you want the right to complain you must be doing one of two things:
1. Doing your best to make yourself better
2. Doing something to make the world better

If you are not doing one of these things then shut your mouth!
VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

jeepmadness wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:26 am I don’t see any absolute favorites. It will be a battle of matchups each night. Who can be consistent? This is where oak hill is dangerous. Burg has shooters. But they seem to live by the 3-ball. Even with Holden. Minford has shooters and dalton. Waverly will be interesting with youngsters coming in. How will daddy ball effect that line up and how Will upper class man handle that? They always bring the intensity. I like watching them play. Northwest should have been loaded with that jr. class. They were men in 8th grade. Valley has some good athletes with shoupe (sp?). Don’t know anything about the west side. Of course my jeeps will be dangerous this year. Question will be are the juniors finally ready to play? Long and athletic. Good shooters, good ball handlers. Shiloah will be shiloah. Question for them is how much will they want it?

"Daddy Ball" 😂😂 dang that's rough!

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:32 am
jeepmadness wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:26 am I don’t see any absolute favorites. It will be a battle of matchups each night. Who can be consistent? This is where oak hill is dangerous. Burg has shooters. But they seem to live by the 3-ball. Even with Holden. Minford has shooters and dalton. Waverly will be interesting with youngsters coming in. How will daddy ball effect that line up and how Will upper class man handle that? They always bring the intensity. I like watching them play. Northwest should have been loaded with that jr. class. They were men in 8th grade. Valley has some good athletes with shoupe (sp?). Don’t know anything about the west side. Of course my jeeps will be dangerous this year. Question will be are the juniors finally ready to play? Long and athletic. Good shooters, good ball handlers. Shiloah will be shiloah. Question for them is how much will they want it?

Wasn’t meant to be rough but you know it weighs in. Especially when the kid can play and he’s not the only one in that class that can play. But how do you stay objective about.

If you want the right to complain you must be doing one of two things:
1. Doing your best to make yourself better
2. Doing something to make the world better

If you are not doing one of these things then shut your mouth!
VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

Jeepmadness i totally get where your coming from. It will be interesting and exciting to see how the season unfolds. I think most teams in the SOC will be very evenly matched this year.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: 2018/19 SOC2

Post by Mad-Dogg »

When and where are the previews

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Friday, 11/23 at South Webster.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

one Oak wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:57 pm Friday, 11/23 at South Webster.
Thanks

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

jeepmadness wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:05 am

Wasn’t meant to be rough but you know it weighs in. Especially when the kid can play and he’s not the only one in that class that can play. But how do you stay objective about.
It doesn’t matter who you are, you will “earn” PT at Waverly.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:35 pm

It doesn’t matter who you are, you will “earn” PT at Waverly.
Agree....Coach R will be tough on his own kid but his kid will be in there, as he should be

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

It shouldnt be a problem at all for Waverly. The Robertson kid is known for his work ethic. He’s a gym rat and everyone knows he’s a gym rat. It’s not like he’s doing just enough to squeak by because he knows he’ll play. He works very hard and everyone knows he works very hard, even the players. Of course there will always be this stigma around coaches who coach their children and I’m sure coach Robertson has prepared himself and his son for such gossip. Good luck to the young man and his team this season.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

"Daddy ball" a term that gets thrown around a lot these days (and with good reason in pee wee sports), but not sure i've ever seen a situation in high school sports between a coach and his son that i've thought was daddy ball. Most varsity coaches with a kid on the team go out of their way to be tougher on their own kid to avoid the accusations of daddy ball. From what I hear about the Robertson kid though, if/when he gets varsity minutes this year, it'll be well-deserved.*

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

The Robertson kid is an athlete off the court, he got second team all district honors for soccer as a freshman

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Southern Ohio Conference
Boys’ Basketball Previews
 South Webster High School
 Friday, November 23, 2018, at 5:00 PM
 Admission: $5.00
5:00 South Webster v. Notre Dame
5:40 Oak Hill v. Glenwood
6:20 Waverly v. East
7:00 Minford v. Western
7:40 West v. Clay
8:20 Northwest v. Symmes Valley
9:00 Valley v. Eastern
9:40 Wheelersburg v. Green
 The FIRST TEAM listed in each of the match-ups will be the HOME team.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

The SOC2 is the Burg's to loose this year. Waverly will have the talent to compete with them. Oak Hill and Norm will have a solid plan to compete with them. Webster and Minford will be better also so a few "upsets" are likely. However, at the end of the day Holden is the best player and is surrounded by athletes. Good luck to all teams.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

My preseason pics would be:

1. Burg - too much talent. Holden is special and he is surrounded by athletes.

2. Waverly - Plenty of talent and excellent athletes also.

3. Oak Hill-Norm will win games 20-18 and throat punch any player that shoots until a minute has been ran off the clock (just a joke). But seriously, with Norm they will steal some games and end up in the top 4.

4. South Webster - Return some experience and Blevins should have a monster year. Will upset someone in the top 3.

5. Minford - will always have some athletes.

6. Valley - Interested to watch Horton who has experience under Coach Fitch and Coach Barrick. You would think if he used some of both of their methods Valley would be competitive.

7. Portsmouth West - lost a lot to graduation.

8. Northwest - lost a lot to graduation.

piratebasketball
Waterboy

Post by piratebasketball »

I think it comes down to Wheelersburg and Waverly.

B-ball-fan
Riding the Bench

Post by B-ball-fan »

Waverly has does some renovations. It looks really good. The huge fans are a nice touch also.

In youth we learn. In age we understand.
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

B-ball-fan wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm Waverly has does some renovations. It looks really good. The huge fans are a nice touch also.
Those babies circulate some air and they fixed (or replaced) the old exhaust fans that hadn’t worked for years.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Boys Basketball”