Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg vs harvest prep

Post by formerfcfan »

Definitely do not see this game hitting the running clock. Am thinking HP will win by 10, with Wheelersburg keeping it really tight until the 4-minute mark of quarter #4.

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

It's not very often that Wheelersburg is considered the underdog. In this case they obviously are, however, to underestimate Wheelersburg, I believe would be a mistake. They may very well get beat, they may very well get blown out, but they will not be intimidated. I've heard a lot of things about Harvest Prep, anywhere from small college caliber team to a young mid-major team. That being said, they don't walk on water, heal the sick or raise the dead. They are kids, capable of having off nights. Wheelersburg will have to play well, rebound, value the basketball and control the tempo - and that may not be enough. But let's allow Harvest Prep to earn the win before we automatically crown them as invincible.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Harvest Prep is absolutely not comparable to a young mid-major team. I'm not sure any of them are Division 1 recruits and if they are, they're low end D1 recruits. Several "collegiate" players, but I'd say majority are D2, D3, and NAIA with maybe a low end D1 recruit mixed in.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:02 pm Harvest Prep is absolutely not comparable to a young mid-major team. I'm not sure any of them are Division 1 recruits and if they are, they're low end D1 recruits. Several "collegiate" players, but I'd say majority are D2, D3, and NAIA with maybe a low end D1 recruit mixed in.
Very rarely does HP have anyone D1 caliber. It’s often the case that they play with a great amount of synergy, in a brand of basketball that is dependent on energy and teamwork.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:11 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:02 pm Harvest Prep is absolutely not comparable to a young mid-major team. I'm not sure any of them are Division 1 recruits and if they are, they're low end D1 recruits. Several "collegiate" players, but I'd say majority are D2, D3, and NAIA with maybe a low end D1 recruit mixed in.
Very rarely does HP have anyone D1 caliber. It’s often the case that they play with a great amount of synergy, in a brand of basketball that is dependent on energy and teamwork.
Exactly. I can't name the last player HP had that would have went D1. I know they had David Dennis JR. who was the player of the year in D4 and went D2 (albeit a very good D2 school).

Watching SE Ohio basketball
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Yes he has better players but the coaching advantage here has to go to David Dennis...has too.

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

I am just going on what I heard. I saw some of the film on them and would agree with your assessment.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:13 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:11 pm
Exactly. I can't name the last player HP had that would have went D1. I know they had David Dennis JR. who was the player of the year in D4 and went D2 (albeit a very good D2 school).
Dennis and Beau Justice went to West Liberty and played. Justice then transferred to Valdosta State. Not sure if Dennis stayed there or not.Neither had the height to play D1.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

GO SOC🏀

You can't handle the truth
Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:53 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:48 pm Wow!!! Wheelersburg is in the Regional tournament because they have two transfers starting. Kid from Portsmouth (Lowery) and the kid from South Webster (Truitt). Now they are upset because a school has transfers! Serious? The Division IV schools have been dealing with these school in the Regionals for years.

When are you clowns going to get it??? Lowery didn't transfer in, his family moved to the Burg. His Mom teaches at Burg.

You are missing the point. Even if Burg does have two transfers, that is just two. HP is made up from players all OVER Columbus not just one or two schools. Same as Wellington and Columbus Academy and so on.

You're right, DIV has been dealing with this for years and I didn't think it was right then.
Noitall wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:42 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:49 pm Lol I said smaller scale but really the same thing, but on a smaller scale but in reality it’s basically same situation, ask teams from schools in league, what is there thoughts here, , just might be my opinion, but that’s how I believe.

You went t get no where, they used to beating up on the little guys in that weak division with all they transfers and can't handle they on the opposite side this time and for anyone that don't think this team can't beat them,by 20-25 they need to go watch some real,basketball outside that league lmao
Then what do you think these teams should do then?? Get out of the league and start playing teams from around the country like Lebron and ASVSM did when he was there and the teams Mayo and company played where ever he was at, either NCH or Huntington? The two teams left from the SOC, Burg and Oak Hill have to play the teams in the league if they want to stay in the SOC. It gets rather expensive to start traveling around the country to play teams unless you have sponsors footing the bill so I guess these little podunk teams from Southeast Ohio will never play for a Championship again then according to you. hell, they all just might as well drop basketball all together since they can't beat put together AAu talent year in and year out.

Clown? Your the ass clown and donthave a clue you have transfers playing just like H.P. Whether it be 1 one or 20 its the same thing don't whine about someone else's back yard when yours has the same swing set.
You all have been benifiting for years that town ain't big enough to have all the athletes and the true burg kids are the ones that suffer and don't play because they can't compete with the county all stars that come there kinda funny that you all don't care to throw your kids under the bus lol

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Noitall wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:33 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:48 pm Wow!!! Wheelersburg is in the Regional tournament because they have two transfers starting. Kid from Portsmouth (Lowery) and the kid from South Webster (Truitt). Now they are upset because a school has transfers! Serious? The Division IV schools have been dealing with these school in the Regionals for years.

When are you clowns going to get it??? Lowery didn't transfer in, his family moved to the Burg. His Mom teaches at Burg.

You are missing the point. Even if Burg does have two transfers, that is just two. HP is made up from players all OVER Columbus not just one or two schools. Same as Wellington and Columbus Academy and so on.

You're right, DIV has been dealing with this for years and I didn't think it was right then.

You went t get no where, they used to beating up on the little guys in that weak division with all they transfers and can't handle they on the opposite side this time and for anyone that don't think this team can't beat them,by 20-25 they need to go watch some real,basketball outside that league lmao
Then what do you think these teams should do then?? Get out of the league and start playing teams from around the country like Lebron and ASVSM did when he was there and the teams Mayo and company played where ever he was at, either NCH or Huntington? The two teams left from the SOC, Burg and Oak Hill have to play the teams in the league if they want to stay in the SOC. It gets rather expensive to start traveling around the country to play teams unless you have sponsors footing the bill so I guess these little podunk teams from Southeast Ohio will never play for a Championship again then according to you. hell, they all just might as well drop basketball all together since they can't beat put together AAu talent year in and year out.

Clown? Your the ass clown and donthave a clue you have transfers playing just like H.P. Whether it be 1 one or 20 its the same thing don't whine about someone else's back yard when yours has the same swing set.
You all have been benifiting for years that town ain't big enough to have all the athletes and the true burg kids are the ones that suffer and don't play because they can't compete with the county all stars that come there kinda funny that you all don't care to throw your kids under the bus lol
Now that’s a good one :lol:

Pickoff42
Waterboy

Post by Pickoff42 »

I wish everyone on here would remember that these KIDS from Wheelersburg are 15-18. They are just high school students and probably most of the posters on here have to be ADULTS. With open enrollment, kids/families have the right to go where ever they choose. Remember Ironton playing North College Hill in the state championship a few years ago and almost beating them? Where did that PG from Ironton go the next year? Was it South Webster perhaps? What did SW then do that next year? Win the state championship!

Thanks for the support SEO.

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 am
Wburgfan wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:53 am

Your comments are very similar to the ones made during the playoffs in football. Every team Burg played from week 12 on which were all Columbus school thought Burg had no chance because they played in a pitiful league on the rover banks of Ohio. Not sure if you follow that sport but it didn’t bode well for them.

Not saying Burg will win this game but do not go in thinking this Columbus school will dominate Wheelersburg. In all sports this school shows up and competes. HP might win but I bet people will walk out of that game knowing they were in a battle.
Burg basketball is not Burg football. Not even close. Comparing the two is laughable.
Wasn’t comparing the season parts teams. Was comparing people like you under estimating the grit that Wheelersburg athletics has. Win you lose I bet you’ll be surprised by the game.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Lol!!! Do not let ”Yabba” get under your skin. He is not very knowledgeable about certain things. If he was, he would have known the one transfer’s parent got a teaching job one year AFTER he was attending Wheelersburg and that was not the reason he transferred.

High school band does not make you an expert! Lol!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

So Burg is the only one where transfers come into the district? Burg just lost a really good athlete to ironton last year, and there have been more in years past. I'll ask you, like I asked the others, name a person that played for burgs football championship team that played for another team the previous year and what position did they play, and what team did they transfer from? Burg does have one basketball player that plays varsity, but hes a freshman. If he is what people call an scioto county all star, then I would have to laugh out loud.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yeah, it's a huge difference between 1-2 transferring in or 20 especially if those 20 are some of the best talent in a huge city like Columbus. I seriously doubt if the kids that have came to the school open enrollment were recruited in. They came for a reason and sure if they have talent they are going to play.

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:26 pm Lol!!! Do not let ”Yabba” get under your skin. He is not very knowledgeable about certain things. If he was, he would have known the one transfer’s parent got a teaching job one year AFTER he was attending Wheelersburg and that was not the reason he transferred.

High school band does not make you an expert! Lol!!
Just going on what I was told and even if he did come to the Burg for the first year open enrollment, guess what,that is his god given right. His parents and him made the decision to come to the Burg and they took him in with open arms and gee, let's see,hewill be leaving with a state title in football and got to play in the regionals and maybe more in basketball.

Bottomline is things haven't changed around the area. Burg has alway been hated because they win. I don't remember a soul saying anything about Waginger playing at South Webster his senior year and help them in getting a state title. Guess what? Without him they don't get that state title. I guess since it wasn't Burg who had the transfer it was okay??? What a joke some of you people are on here!!!

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

I'll tell you what . Let's get the best of the best from Lawrence and scioto county start a new school and then maybe these big city boys might give some respect ✊. Lol 😂!! I'd say probably not.
Good luck to all the river teams and oak hill !! Oh yeah and
ROLL COAL!!!

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Urban still has best post on this topic hands down. Good luck Coal Grove

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Why in the world is Waginger even getting thrown in this? Webster has been on the LOSING end of transfers 99% of the time - heck just look how many players on burgs roster attended Webster at some point. Even Dyer’s Dad is pure Webster!

And the point that they don’t win the state title without him is a little farfetched. Let me start off by saying he was a great talent, immediately fit in with that team and played a massive role.... but you do know Webster went to state 2 years before (nearly won it all), lost in the regionals finals the next year to the state champs (Afrocentric who then had to forfeit the title).. and returned MANY of the players the next year. Webster was in many people’s eyes the favorite to win it before Waginger even came in! Yes he absolutely helped, he was great. But you do know Webster didn’t have a game within 39 points until regional final? Which also was a double digit win. They won the state championship game by 20+. Complete blowout.

So before you all go ragging Webster, who literally loses more athletes than any school around because of not having football, let’s dk a little research first. Burg is on the receiving end of 90% of athlete transfers, if not more. Ater is openly recruiting everyone knows that he fed BS to Truitt’s Parents saying the
Only way he could go D1 was if he came to Burg! Hah! Always good to lie to kids/parents to try to make your all star team better

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waginger is on my short list of best defensive players I have ever seen in SE District.

I can’t say they wouldn’t have won it all without him...but man he took that great team completely over the top in my opinion. There’s a reason no one came close all the way to state and he was a critical part of those huge margins. The kid locked up with NCH the year before. He was special.

Return to “Boys Basketball”