Another new rule at the convo.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Another new rule at the convo.

Post by biggdowgg »

Now you are not permitted to re enter once inside, Now put that rule along with not being able to take snacks in to keep from paying 59.95 for you and your family to eat stale dogs and pretzels ,now you can not take snacks and go to your car between games for a sandwich or a snack.

I know they will day this is for the smokers running in and out ,but we all know what its about . $$$$.

My gang have decided no more convoy games for us ,unless our team is playing,still a great place to watch high school hoops.

By the way trojandave finally knocked out one of his bucketlist ,he smuggled in a footling from subway and ate in in front row:)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Another new rule at the convo.

Post by danicalifornia »

Eh, I ate before I came down yesterday, paid $5 to park, $6 for a ticket, $2 for a program and bought 1 $4 drink. $17 to watch 4 games for the day isn't something that I'll complain about, especially when I'll go to the state tournament and pay that much to get a seat.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LOL, I'm amazed that rule hasn't been in place LONG before now. So if someone can get a footlong subway in there I think you could get a couple snacks in there.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:19 pm Eh, I ate before I came down yesterday, paid $5 to park, $6 for a ticket, $2 for a program and bought 1 $4 drink. $17 to watch 4 games for the day isn't something that I'll complain about, especially when I'll go to the state tournament and pay that much to get a seat.
Right but a family of four would spend at least 100 bucks before they get out of there,,,cheap enough for one person , but I understand

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:47 pm LOL, I'm amazed that rule hasn't been in place LONG before now. So if someone can get a footlong subway in there I think you could get a couple snacks in there.

Oh I got a lot more then a footlong sub in,but nit everyone is the criminal I am that break the rules.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:01 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:19 pm Eh, I ate before I came down yesterday, paid $5 to park, $6 for a ticket, $2 for a program and bought 1 $4 drink. $17 to watch 4 games for the day isn't something that I'll complain about, especially when I'll go to the state tournament and pay that much to get a seat.
Right but a family of four would spend at least 100 bucks before they get out of there,,,cheap enough for one person , but I understand
Okay, so a family of 4 is paying $5 for parking, $2 for a program, $24 for a program, so that's $31. Eat before or put some restrictions on your kids and you can easily do it for less than $75. Still a decent chunk of change, but go to most other forms of entertainment and you are paying way more...for less time.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ok ,ill come back ,see you say championship Saturday, I will even buy your hot dog

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

trojandave is my kind of man!

I've been sneaking in food (Subway) to HS games down here for years. trojandave....fan of the day!!!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Took my 3 kids yesterday, we ate a big lunch before we left. $5 park, $24 tickets and gave each kid $15 to spend on snacks. Thats $74 plus I spent $10 on snacks, so $84 for 4 ballgames, excellent deal.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Took my son. $12 for tickets, $3.50 pretzel, $5 lemonade

Spent $20.50 (parked at OU Inn for free)....watched 3 games

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

I walk out and back in twice today . Once before the game started and at the half . Never was charged to get back in .

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Its really went downhill in my opinion , crazy over priced crap and the atmosphere is not the same in that place ,even sweet Lou sounded like Howard cossell

Ryanexpress
Varsity
Location: Being yelled at by hundreds of fans on any given night

Post by Ryanexpress »

Same for us yesterday. We exited & re-entered two separate times between the four games & only was ask to show our ticket to be able to re-enter. Only paid once at beginning of the day.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Maybe the signs I seen on all the doors was for O U. Games?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I bought popcorn, set me back $12 for three of them. Thought that was a little steep. Thought I was at the movies.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

They actually have a good deal on popcorn with the $6 souvenir bucket, however, they decided not to offer it for the tournament.

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:47 pm LOL, I'm amazed that rule hasn't been in place LONG before now. So if someone can get a footlong subway in there I think you could get a couple snacks in there.
Shoot, I take a 12 inch in with me to all the games and all that’s cost me over the years is baby momma drama and 20k a year in child support!

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

Well you can't just openly walk in carrying snacks, but they are brought in, seen it multiple times.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:58 pm Now you are not permitted to re enter once inside, Now put that rule along with not being able to take snacks in to keep from paying 59.95 for you and your family to eat stale dogs and pretzels ,now you can not take snacks and go to your car between games for a sandwich or a snack.

I know they will day this is for the smokers running in and out ,but we all know what its about . $$$$.

My gang have decided no more convoy games for us ,unless our team is playing,still a great place to watch high school hoops.

By the way trojandave finally knocked out one of his bucketlist ,he smuggled in a footling from subway and ate in in front row:)
Has nothing to do with money, if it did the arena would be cleared every game. This is a facility rule that is applicable at all OHIO University events. The Convo is the busiest and best venue in OHIO.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Folks you need to come up to the Central District and see your district games played in high school gyms or a glorified high school gym and then realize what we have in the Southeast District.

Sure, the concessions are high. No one is holding a gun to your head to spend $20 per person on concessions. Eat beforehand and then one snack should do during the games. And it should be easy enough to sneak in a plastic water bottle to drink then refill to avoid any drink costs.

I appreciate Ohio University making their facility available at a fair cost (and hope that continues for years to come), along with all the work of the folks behind the scenes to put this on every year. It's an undertaking.

Return to “Boys Basketball”