Waverly Vs Unioto 3/9 @8:15

greygoose
SEOPS

Waverly Vs Unioto 3/9 @8:15

Post by greygoose »

Thoughts on the game?? Waverly has had to stage 2 comebacks in the previous games to get to this point. Unioto with only 2 losses on the year to Logan and Fairfield Union.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Re: Waverly Vs Unioto 3/9 @8:15

Post by Sports-nut »

If Waverly plays like they did in the second half against Sheridan (AP#7)this game will get ugly for the Tanks

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Sports-nut wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:45 pm If Waverly plays like they did in the second half against Sheridan (AP#7)this game will get ugly for the Tanks
I’d calm down on that statement. The AP Poll really doesn’t mean a whole lot, and voters often overrate some teams. Waverly is playing very well and Sheridan was a solid ball club, but Unioto is better in my opinion.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I'll take the Tigers in a close one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If the Tigers put together 4 quarters like the two in the 2nd half against Sheridan they will beat the Shermans. That is not a bold statement, it's fact. The key is putting together 4 quarters like that........ which they will need to do!!
Sheridan is a very very very good team who I believe beat Fairfield Union who beat Unioto. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything but Waverly was able to come back from 16 points down at halftime to win by 11 against a very good basketball team. And quite frankly, once Waverly erased that 16 point deficit to enter the 4th period tied up, the Generals were beat - worn out.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don’t think Waverly has enough scorers to win this game. Unioto can do the pressure thing as well and are quick.

Waverly’s advantage is they are loose and pressure free...Unioto has all the pressure on them. Swack answered it last week vs Warren late in the 4th.

Unioto 66
Waverly 55

waterhog82
Waterboy

Post by waterhog82 »

After watching both teams play I am going with the Tanks. Waverly put together 2 good qtrs, but will need all 4 to beat the Tanks.
Unioto 67
Waverly 55

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Unioto by 15. Too much experience and strength down low.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I’ll take the U by 10. Swackhammer will take care of the ball. IMO Sheridan wasn’t that impressive. The only way unioto has trouble is if waverly gets hot from behind the arc.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Waverly's pressure is definitely something that the Shermans will need to gameplan and be prepared for. Waverly is a really sound team overall that can beat you in a variety of ways.

Should be a really good game.

King of Pike Hill
Waterboy

Post by King of Pike Hill »

I'll take Unioto by 9. It'll be a back and forth game throughout all four quarters with the way Waverly is playing.

Can't wait to see Swack guard Remington or Marquez if that is the matchup. I also look for Gabe Fisher to come up big for the Shermans with a double double. (That kid is bloodthirsty for boards).

Also hope to see Clayton Howell and Brandon Kennedy go back and forth with the 3 ball!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Waverly's full court pressure for 32 minutes is impressive - so quick on the perimeter ... if an opponent doesn't wear out physically all of the pressure wears on players mentally ... difficult to stay focused for 32 minutes BUT the U has experience, 8 games in the Convo ... Swack joined us in the Cheap Seats Saturday - I asked he and Coach Bruce if Coach Hoops was going to put Swack out on the floor vs 8-10 players each swatting , reaching at the ball as he tries to get up court LOL ...

... this will be a great game ! looking forward to being in the Cheap Seats Friday night to take it in ...

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Hoping the Tigers can put together all 4 quarters and come out on Friday with a District Championship. Look for Waverly to put on the pressure and get more guys in the scoring column. I'm taking the Tigers by 7!

johndoe
Waterboy

Post by johndoe »

Waverly by 8, tanks won't be able to handle the pressure and chaos that the tigers bring. :mrgreen:

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Both teams are well coached and deserve to be here. As I stated earlier, I do believe Unioto is better than Sheridan. Basketball is all about matchups and while Sheridan had a lot of size, they had no answer for Waverly's speed. Unioto can match Waverly's speed and has a little more skill in their guards.

Waverly will make this a game for the first few quarters, but Unioto will pull it out by around 10-12 by the end.

Unioto 69
Waverly 57

Watching SE Ohio basketball
countyscout
Waterboy

Post by countyscout »

Waverly is over rated. Yeah they had a big come back win but Sheridan wasn’t as great as projected. Unioto hasn’t lost a conference game is nearly 4 years. I see the Tigers crawling back to Waverly losing by double digits.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

countyscout wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:30 am Waverly is over rated. Yeah they had a big come back win but Sheridan wasn’t as great as projected. Unioto hasn’t lost a conference game is nearly 4 years. I see the Tigers crawling back to Waverly losing by double digits.
Bulletin board material!!!!

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Don't worry about county scout he is just a Waverly hater. Unioto is very good. We can play with them though. Proved that by hanging with Fairland, Oak Hill, Wheelersburg, Jackson and Sheridan!

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

Pulling for the Pike co. School waverly tigers but, thinking unioto a slight margin victor.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

This should be a great game, I think this game comes down to who makes the fewer mistakes. I’ll take Waverly on a close one
Waverly 62
Unioto 58
Can’t wait to go see this one

Return to “Boys Basketball”