Possible TVC Ohio 1st Team

hateraid
Varsity

Possible TVC Ohio 1st Team

Post by hateraid »

Do they still give teams more players based on where they rank in the league?
Let the fun begin!!

Trailblazer
Riding the Bench

Re: Possible TVC Ohio 1st Team

Post by Trailblazer »

Yates...Speakman...Maxfield... Baer.... and probably 3-4 names for the final spot

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

Trailblazer wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:26 pm Yates...Speakman...Maxfield... Baer.... and probably 3-4 names for the final spot
Baer is an automatic?

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

baer is good, but not sure he is 1st team...yet.

Hynes, Butcher, Chubb, Maxfield and Cozart.

If you ain't first, you're last!
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

The Athens starting 5 all first team
Athens coach COY
Cozart POY

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:31 pm The Athens starting 5 all first team
Athens coach COY
Cozart POY
What? You read my mind!

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Speakman,
Yates,
Big from Wellston,
Terry,
Baer,
Hynes

Can you tell I like post players. I know that is six players. If it is limited 5 I would take Terry off.

Go TVC.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Well at least Athens makes this site entertaining: I mean really what would SEOPREPS be without Athens?

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:39 pm Well at least Athens makes this site entertaining: I mean really what would SEOPREPS be without Athens?
NO DOUBT. And that ole NY Buckeye fan been leaving you alone!

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Baer is averaging 19.3 this year and 23.5 the last 10 games, I am not sure if the previous lock for POY from Meigs that they lost to grades if he was averaging that much or if he could still get it or not. But Baer has been the leader from day 1 on this team no matter others say. He has done his job in the classroom and on and off the court.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Hornetz_Fan32 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:35 pm Baer is averaging 19.3 this year and 23.5 the last 10 games, I am not sure if the previous lock for POY from Meigs that they lost to grades if he was averaging that much or if he could still get it or not. But Baer has been the leader from day 1 on this team no matter others say. He has done his job in the classroom and on and off the court.
Baer is a smooth player no doubt. Honestly though, Yates had POY wrapped up before the season started, Just ask the VC Faithful. Next year they will put Nevan up on the Pedestal to get it, may as well keep it in the Family. Here recently I see a lot of VC faithful on here Cheerleading for Naylon to get it, even though Maxfield deserves it, one VC poster even recently posted that Naylon is "the spark plug of his team and gets them Fired up"-LOL, never saw those type of statements made about him before, They are all worked up because Maxfield is giving Naylon a run for his Money with his energy, enthusiasm and hustle-not to mention DEFENSE.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:19 pm
Hornetz_Fan32 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:35 pm Baer is averaging 19.3 this year and 23.5 the last 10 games, I am not sure if the previous lock for POY from Meigs that they lost to grades if he was averaging that much or if he could still get it or not. But Baer has been the leader from day 1 on this team no matter others say. He has done his job in the classroom and on and off the court.
Baer is a smooth player no doubt. Honestly though, Yates had POY wrapped up before the season started, Just ask the VC Faithful. Next year they will put Nevan up on the Pedestal to get it, may as well keep it in the Family. Here recently I see a lot of VC faithful on here Cheerleading for Naylon to get it, even though Maxfield deserves it, one VC poster even recently posted that Naylon is "the spark plug of his team and gets them Fired up"-LOL, never saw those type of statements made about him before, They are all worked up because Maxfield is giving Naylon a run for his Money with his energy, enthusiasm and hustle-not to mention DEFENSE.
Get it straight Yates and Speakman BOTH deserve it before Maxfield. Does this kid have you washing his draws and clipping his nails too? BTW better to be a spark plug than a butt plug We all know which you are.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

hateraid wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:28 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:19 pm
Get it straight Yates and Speakman BOTH deserve it before Maxfield. Does this kid have you washing his draws and clipping his nails too? BTW better to be a spark plug than a butt plug We all know which you are.
I just call it how I see it. I'm not so sure why you take this so personal. And like I said before you are placing VC's top shooters in the Running, say I put up 30 shots a game and hit say 8 with a couple 3s in there then yes I will average 20 points a game. That's all I got other then you need to Look at the BIG PICTURE, like DEFENSE!!!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Lord have mercy, take your TVC MVP and give it to whichever bulldog player you want to . VC will enjoy their league title . Athens bulldogs the best .500 team in Ohio history

Sniper_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Sniper_Fan »

Athens only gets three on the team - that's the way it works. AND THE ATHENS COACH WILL PICK THEM. There is no vote.

Cozart and Butcher are locks. Who is going to be the third player that the Athens coach selects? Who gets left out??? Hmmmm.

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

Sniper_Fan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:35 pm Athens only gets three on the team - that's the way it works. AND THE ATHENS COACH WILL PICK THEM. There is no vote.

Cozart and Butcher are locks. Who is going to be the third player that the Athens coach selects? Who gets left out??? Hmmmm.
Athens is not getting 3:
Speakman , Yates, Maxfield , Hynes, Simpson - 1st team
Bohyer, Baer, Chubb, Mecum, Butcher - 2nd team
COY - Cozart
Hon mention: Bartrum, Terry, Alex player? ?

Bigman83
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigman83 »

Sniper_Fan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:35 pm Athens only gets three on the team - that's the way it works. AND THE ATHENS COACH WILL PICK THEM. There is no vote.

I think you’re thinking of All TVC for each team. Two different awards.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Just a side not, The games played with both Mattox and Baer on the court, Mattox averaged 21 ppg, Baer averaged 12.8. Not in any game they both played did Baer have more points then Mattox.
Jackson: Mattox 23, Baer 11
Southern: Mattox 31, Baer 16
Wellston: Mattox 18, Baer 18
Wood County: Mattox 20, Baer 8
Alexander: Mattox 13, Baer 11

Where is it Baer was a leader since Day 1? Be thankful that Mattox became ineligible and Baer is getting his numbers now. If not he wouldn't even be in this discussion.

Baer is a great player, but when you only have 2 kids that can score for Meigs now, of course his average is going to go up. I do believe that the other 3 starters besides Baer and Bartrum is only averaging maybe 10 points a game all together.

You can try to take your knocks on Mattox all you want, and I am getting sick of it, He has bled Maroon and Gold since Day 1. 4 letters in Football, 3 Letters in Basketball and will get his 4 letters in baseball. Blew his ACL out in first game of football, when Baer got injured in football, who was pushing him along on his little cart, It was Mattox.

Anyways, Missed entire Senior Year of Football, although he did come back the last game and scored a TD, Didn't have surgery just to play Basketball, then hurts his other ankle and misses 4 games, then gets the bad grade, keep in mind he was Honorable Mention in D2 last season. And yes he did have a dozen schools looking at him this season. So get off his back and quit taking knocks at him and playing the Baer is better then Mattox card. They were teammates and didn't compete with one another while on the court together.

I will end with saying this, lets just hope Baer stays healthy throughout his High School Career and can hit that 1,000 point mark. Play like the game your playing is the last one, cause you never know how quickly things can happen and change everything.

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Not trying to knock on anyone. And I am not comparing one against the other, because there is no comparison.Looks like someone was keeping track though. I believe all the games you mentioned were losses for Meigs. POY is more than being the highest scorer in the game.
According to you it sounds like he has done very well in sports but this wasn't going to be his year in basketball.
And colleges aren't going to try and recruit a kid that academic problems. Hopefully he has his nose in the books .

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

:shock: this place is the worst

Return to “Boys Basketball”