2/6/18. Oak Hill @ Wheelersburg

Concessionlady
Freshman Team

Re: 2/6/18. Oak Hill @ Wheelersburg

Post by Concessionlady »

Talking about 1 player, it takes more the 1 to win. Have to have all 5 contributing. Go Burg, show OH like you did Waverly.

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

Burg will have to play its best game of the season to pull this game out. There was nothing in the first game that led me to believe that Burg wins tonight. Burg does have the athleticism to match up with Oak Hill and Truitt has been playing well of late. He was a non factor in the first game. If he gets hot and Holden and Lowery get their usual 15 or so this game becomes interesting. It's at Burg so home court always helps.
Hard to keep OH off the boards if both the big men are cleaning up like they did in the first matchup. Hale's shooting was obviously a big one too. Carroll's didn't do much but the potential is always there to go for 20.
I'll be there rooting on the Burg. Looking forward to a hard fought clean game and hopefully a Burg win.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Oak Hill is the favorite from our area to win region. I wasn’t sold on Oak Hill the first go around. They played with emotion and had a hot shooting night, and burg stopped playing after first quarter and started watching. If burg plays hard the entire game and long doesn’t play the entire game and Oak Hill wins, I might change my observation but right now, the district might be Oak Hill ceiling.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:45 pm Oak Hill is the favorite from our area to win region. I wasn’t sold on Oak Hill the first go around. They played with emotion and had a hot shooting night, and burg stopped playing after first quarter and started watching. If burg plays hard the entire game and long doesn’t play the entire game and Oak Hill wins, I might change my observation but right now, the district might be Oak Hill ceiling.
I hate to say it, but with Harvest Prep, Wellington, and Africentric being D3 now, winning the District is probably everyone in the SE's ceiling for this year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good point

Basketball:30
Riding the Bench

Post by Basketball:30 »

Burg up 19-9 at half. Did I hear that on the radio correctly?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Yes. Wheelersburg 29 Oak Hill 14. After 3.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Wheelersburg 50
Oak Hill 28

Final.

Great job by The Pirates and their Coaching Staff. They took a great deal of heat after the last Loss. They must have had a great game plan tonight.

Oak Hill had their full roster as Long played tonight for The Oaks

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I’m anxious to hear the recaps on this one. Not just to lose but to be smoked, wow!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Oak Hill Gazette will read....”Stormin’ Norman leads oaks to two losses in a row”. He knew early it wasn’t their night. Fewest words spoken ever by Norm in Scioto County. His biggest concern was the Burg cheer block for Norm at the end.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Oaktown wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:17 pm Obviously Burg is now 32 points better than they were 2 weeks ago.
Nope they are actually 44 points better. Great game Pirates!!!! I’d say that win just wrapped up the #2 seed when they are drawn. Maybe even a few votes for # 1 seed. Probably not, but stranger things have happened. Regardless of seeding, The Burg came to play tonight. Hopefully they can carry this momentum to finish out the regular season strong and make a loooonnnnng run in the tournament. I’m sure we will see the Oaks sometime in the tournament. Can’t wait for round three.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:14 pm
Sopump33 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 pmBurg by 10
So Burg better than Coal Grove?
Evidently they are

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Oaktown? Hello? Athletes for burg showed tonight. Tanner showed what he can do. Nuff said. Oak Hill exposed tonight. They live and die by the threes.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Burg is definitely better than Coal Grove . When Burg played the Oaks the first time they had a terrible game after the 1st quarter their defense was bad and no motion on offense very stagnant on defense IMO Burg is better than Oak Hill but I won't take anything away from the Oaks they are good and do have the best coach in this area but WOW what a game tonight it's the best that Burg hasplayed this year finally they are coming together like weknew they were capable of

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Burg is definitely better than Coal Grove . When Burg played the Oaks the first time they had a terrible game after the 1st quarter their defense was bad and no motion on offense very stagnant on defense IMO Burg is better than Oak Hill but I won't take anything away from the Oaks they are good and do have the best coach in this area but WOW what a game tonight it's the best that Burg has played this year finally they are coming together like we knew they were capable of

Burg grad 85
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Impressive win and hard to believe margin. I tip my cap to Burg on that performance. That’s a wow.

Oak Hill has been upset and now kicked...I expect a big bounce back but that margin is alarming. Maybe just one of those nights.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Is Burg the 1 seed at Jackson after this and the Oaks loss to CG?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

fbnut wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:08 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:14 pm
Sopump33 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 pmBurg by 10
So Burg better than Coal Grove?
Evidently they are
I don't know about that, would be a pretty darn good game though.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

That Burg team was a polar opposite to the team that played at OH a few weeks ago. Wow!
They actually ran an O that wasn’t purely an iso game, and their D strategy was on point. There still wasn’t a lot of ball movement, but movement AWAY from the ball was MUCH improved.
Congrats on the W... capital W!
Players executed, but hats off to the coaching staff. Wow, they played/coaches great.

OH couldn’t hit outside, and Burg gave up absolutely 0 easy buckets inside of 17 ft.
And for the first time in near recent past (although I’m not TOO old), OH’s halftime adjustments just did not make a dent in what Burg was doing.

Wow... wow.

The W is huge for Burg, but I still don’t think the L destroys OH.
It all depends on what OH does to rebound.
They will see that same D strategy in the tournament, so perhaps it’s good they saw it now.

I’d pay a hefty gate fee to see a Round 3.
...and even after tonight, I’d have to take OH by 5. :D

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great win by the Pirates!! Burg hit some big shots and Oaks couldn’t throw it in the ocean tonight.

MVP tonight was Cole Lowery!! Played great at the point. Hit some big three’s and played great defense on Carroll.

Liked seeing Burg get the ball down low to Holden as OH had no one that could cover him down there, evident by him fouling out the two players that guarded him tonight.

Darby solid under the basket for Oaks but Burg was able to contain him pretty well after the first few plays. Oaks kind of went away from him.

How long has it been since Norm lost back to back games??

Burg should wrap up the two seed this weekend. Round three against the Oaks could happen at the Convo. Would be a classic I do believe.

Return to “Boys Basketball”