Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post Reply
dcgjones
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by dcgjones » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:28 am

Any update on the first week of this?



Ukfanatic
Bench
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by Ukfanatic » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:12 am

Waverly went 3-0. Beat South Webster, Logan Elm, Rock Hill, with two starters missing. Watched Athens twice. Big and athletic. Logan Elm is skilled but very young. Piketon looked good. Was impressed with the Blevins kid from Webster. Nice player.

Ironman92
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by Ironman92 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Ukfanatic wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:12 am
Waverly went 3-0. Beat South Webster, Logan Elm, Rock Hill, with two starters missing. Watched Athens twice. Big and athletic. Logan Elm is skilled but very young. Piketon looked good. Was impressed with the Blevins kid from Webster. Nice player.
Heard Jackson went 3-0 including a win over Athens

JEEPNATION
Waterboy
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by JEEPNATION » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Ukfanatic wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:12 am
Waverly went 3-0. Beat South Webster, Logan Elm, Rock Hill, with two starters missing. Watched Athens twice. Big and athletic. Logan Elm is skilled but very young. Piketon looked good. Was impressed with the Blevins kid from Webster. Nice player.

Blevins is really going to be a stud for sure! Jeeps are very young, other than Blevins (JR) they'll be playing primarily sophomores! They'll go as Blevins goes!

Jackson should be very good this year. And Waverly! D2 seems loaded

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by 93Bulldog » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:27 am

JEEPNATION wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:32 pm
Ukfanatic wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:12 am
Waverly went 3-0. Beat South Webster, Logan Elm, Rock Hill, with two starters missing. Watched Athens twice. Big and athletic. Logan Elm is skilled but very young. Piketon looked good. Was impressed with the Blevins kid from Webster. Nice player.

Blevins is really going to be a stud for sure! Jeeps are very young, other than Blevins (JR) they'll be playing primarily sophomores! They'll go as Blevins goes!

Jackson should be very good this year. And Waverly! D2 seems loaded
When is D2 not loaded? lol

Vinton will be really good again - and now lets ad Fairland to the mix.

wow

User avatar
Ground Buck
JV Starter
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by Ground Buck » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:25 pm

93Bulldog wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:27 am
JEEPNATION wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:32 pm
Ukfanatic wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:12 am
Waverly went 3-0. Beat South Webster, Logan Elm, Rock Hill, with two starters missing. Watched Athens twice. Big and athletic. Logan Elm is skilled but very young. Piketon looked good. Was impressed with the Blevins kid from Webster. Nice player.

Blevins is really going to be a stud for sure! Jeeps are very young, other than Blevins (JR) they'll be playing primarily sophomores! They'll go as Blevins goes!

Jackson should be very good this year. And Waverly! D2 seems loaded
When is D2 not loaded? lol

Vinton will be really good again - and now lets ad Fairland to the mix.

wow
I think a few of those teams should have a local "expert" write a letter to the OHSAA petitioning for their team to play in the SE D3. :mrgreen:

Ironman92
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by Ironman92 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:59 pm

Jackson having a good showing this summer.

User avatar
pfloyd
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by pfloyd » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:59 pm
Jackson having a good showing this summer.

... I92 can you give us a semi-quick rundown of the Ironmen for the upcoming season ? new league, Coach Morrow in charge - JHS should continue to improve imo ...

dcgjones
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by dcgjones » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:36 am

IMO should be able to go 10 deep. All kids about the same level.. Was told they will push the ball up and down the floor this year. Guard heavy. . Freshman kid not sure of his name, Probably 6 Plus could be good in a couple of years.

Ironman92
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by Ironman92 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:05 pm

dcgjones wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:36 am
IMO should be able to go 10 deep. All kids about the same level.. Was told they will push the ball up and down the floor this year. Guard heavy. . Freshman kid not sure of his name, Probably 6 Plus could be good in a couple of years.
Freshman is Treylan Davis. He is a good 6'2 and incredibly improved in last two years. His dad is Erik Davis who was 1st team all state in football 2x and also in track. He was a 6'6 stud who started day 1 at OU on the offensive line. Treylan will likely go at least 6'4 and likely will be on varsity.

Truth&fiction
Freshman Backup
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by Truth&fiction » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:39 pm

This would have been a very good year if the transfers had stayed . I think Jackson program is on the rise and will do well the next few years in their new league.

thebarlowbandit
Varsity Bench
Posts: 528
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by thebarlowbandit » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Ground Buck wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:25 pm
93Bulldog wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:27 am
JEEPNATION wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:32 pm



Blevins is really going to be a stud for sure! Jeeps are very young, other than Blevins (JR) they'll be playing primarily sophomores! They'll go as Blevins goes!

Jackson should be very good this year. And Waverly! D2 seems loaded
When is D2 not loaded? lol

Vinton will be really good again - and now lets ad Fairland to the mix.

wow
I think a few of those teams should have a local "expert" write a letter to the OHSAA petitioning for their team to play in the SE D3. :mrgreen:
I soooooo LOVED this post!!! Well played my Dear Sir!

User avatar
Ground Buck
JV Starter
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by Ground Buck » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:58 am

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:04 pm
Ground Buck wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:25 pm
93Bulldog wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:27 am


When is D2 not loaded? lol

Vinton will be really good again - and now lets ad Fairland to the mix.

wow
I think a few of those teams should have a local "expert" write a letter to the OHSAA petitioning for their team to play in the SE D3. :mrgreen:
I soooooo LOVED this post!!! Well played my Dear Sir!
:mrgreen:

User avatar
Coach SLegg
Waterboy
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:06 pm
Location: Piketon, OH

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by Coach SLegg » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Streaks went 8-2 in the league with losses to Jackson & Athens in close games and lost to Athens in the tourney.

Enjoyed ourselves and a lot of guys got playing time and looked at a lot of different combinations. Experimented and tinkered with some different looks.

Was well run by the Jackson folks and their facility is ideal for this type of setting. Was just what the Streaks needed.

Now we "whince" through football for fear of injury and enjoy the rest of summer.
Here Comes the Streaks!

Truth&fiction
Freshman Backup
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by Truth&fiction » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:09 am

Jackson has a very nice facility . Good to hear positive feedback. Will this be an annual event ?

Ironman92
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Jackson Varisty Shootout

Post by Ironman92 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Truth&fiction wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:09 am
Jackson has a very nice facility . Good to hear positive feedback. Will this be an annual event ?
I imagine. Mon-Thurs in the summer it is used every evening in June for summer leagues: jr high boys, high school girls, high school volleyball and high school boys basketball

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], danicalifornia and 22 guests