Top Freshmen and Sophomore Scorers in the SE District

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Top Freshmen and Sophomore Scorers in the SE District

Post by trojandave »

What freshmen and sophomores are some of the top point makers in the SE district? At Portsmouth, 6-1 sophomore Matthew Fraulini is averaging 15.5 PPG, having scored in double figures all 5 of the Trojans games, and leading them in scoring twice with 20 and 18 points. Not only can he score, but he is an excellent team player who will give the ball up to an open teammate. He also plays hard on the defensive end of the court.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Re: Top Freshmen and Sophomore Scorers in the SE District

Post by Pa Trojan »

thx for updates dave, nice to see the young taent shining in Genes system!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles has Seniors,Sophmores, a few freshman and no juniors. Sophmore Weston Browning is pretty good. Runs the point and is averaging in double figures. If he gets his foul shooting in line he will I think be pretty special by his senior year.We have a good crop of sophmore and freshman coming up. Good luck all.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Loveday from Gallia Academy only a sophomore.

Jackson has their PG Caleb Wallis who is only a sophomore and Treylan Davis gets good minutes as a 6’4 freshman.

Little from Piketon is a good freshman on a good varsity team.

Truitt a freshman at Burg

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

Sexton from New Boston had 12 points 10 rebounds 4 blocks and a couple steals. In his first game back tonight.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:56 pm Sexton from New Boston had 12 points 10 rebounds 4 blocks and a couple steals. In his first game back tonight.
Go Kyle!!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Not sure who the freshman from FU is, but Zach Fleet from 270 hoops, had him in his top 20 of central Ohio in the preseason. I'll see if I can find it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens' 6'3 300lb sophomore Isaiah Butcher had 23 points and 10 boards vs Marietta tonight. Dec. 19th

golfis4me
Riding the Bench

Post by golfis4me »

Austin Webb from South Point is a freshman and is gonna be a good one. Averaging 14 ppg. Double figures in his first 4 HS games.

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:17 pm Loveday from Gallia Academy only a sophomore.

Jackson has their PG Caleb Wallis who is only a sophomore and Treylan Davis gets good minutes as a 6’4 freshman.

We'll agree to disagree. Wallis boy is what he is. Ceiling is not that high with him anymore. Davis has some possibilities, but Hammond boy that plays on JV could be really really good.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

dcgjones wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:27 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:17 pm Loveday from Gallia Academy only a sophomore.

We'll agree to disagree. Wallis boy is what he is. Ceiling is not that high with him anymore. Davis has some possibilities, but Hammond boy that plays on JV could be really really good.
I wish all the kids played with Wallis' heart and effort . Caden Donaldson is another kid who plays guts out.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

dcgjones wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:27 pm

I'll take Caleb Wallis on my team

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

The kid from the burg is pretty good.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Would have loved to have seen the Truitt boy stay at Webster. He could have really helped them out this year. Also would have had a better chance at deeper tournament runs. SW will be back in the Regionals again soon, if not this year. The move to Burg just has never made sense to me since he doesn't play football or baseball. But the kid is going to be a player regardless

Making offers you can't refuse
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Vito Corleone wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:41 am Would have loved to have seen the Truitt boy stay at Webster. He could have really helped them out this year. Also would have had a better chance at deeper tournament runs. SW will be back in the Regionals again soon, if not this year. The move to Burg just has never made sense to me since he doesn't play football or baseball. But the kid is going to be a player regardless
The kid is a player for sure. D1 written all over him.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

smurray wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:23 am
Vito Corleone wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:41 am Would have loved to have seen the Truitt boy stay at Webster. He could have really helped them out this year. Also would have had a better chance at deeper tournament runs. SW will be back in the Regionals again soon, if not this year. The move to Burg just has never made sense to me since he doesn't play football or baseball. But the kid is going to be a player regardless
I'm not ready to hang D1 on the kid yet. I think a lot of us throw that term around too loosely. He's going to be good that's for sure but i'm just not ready to say he is D1 material. For the kid's sake, I hope so.

Making offers you can't refuse
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Vito Corleone wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:27 am
smurray wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:23 am
I'm not ready to hang D1 on the kid yet. I think a lot of us throw that term around too loosely. He's going to be good that's for sure but i'm just not ready to say he is D1 material. For the kid's sake, I hope so.
I agree! Good kid, good player but a Loooong way to go to start labeling D1

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Agreed, but if Truitt (and his family) thought Burg was the place for him to be, then more power to 'em. There had been rumblings about them not being happy at Webster for a couple of years. I wouldn't want a kid staying if he's not all-in regardless of how talented he is. Webster's program has gotten to the point that it's bigger than any one player. Their program is stockpiled with talent for next 5+ years and will see a few trips to Regionals (and maybe beyond) in that timeframe.*

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I saw Truitt last night vs. Waverly. He looked very composed in a highly charged game. Played under control, has a nice shot, and made very few mistakes, which is rare for a freshman at the varsity level.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I am hearing from a pretty reliable source that truitt is extremely happy at burg right now. I am not going to get in to all the politics of why he is there but I am glad he is and wish Webster success going forward. Dispite what all the armchair coaches seem to think out there the future of wheelersburg basketball is very bright with a good team this year that could jell into a team very few will want to see come tourney time. And a good nucleous returning next year. The freshman class appears to be pretty well off with good numbers and several playing well at the reserve level.

Return to “Boys Basketball”