Wheelersburg Vs. Waverly 12-19-17

Omega
SEOPS H

Wheelersburg Vs. Waverly 12-19-17

Post by Omega »

First question is the game still scheduled as published given the Burg's football championship run? If so, the second question does Waverly have a realistic of defeating Holden and the Pirates and establish themselves as possibly the second best team in the SOC2? Friends back home say the Tigers are where they should be record wise on the young season but the journey to get there has been a struggle.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OldTiger
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg Vs. Waverly 12-19-17

Post by OldTiger »

Game is on as scheduled.

Last year Waverly did a good job of frustrating Holden. If I remember correctly the game came down to a couple of missed free throws. Fast forward to this season and I think the capability is still there to make it a close game. The question will be which Waverly team makes it to the court. The one that can’t throw it in the ocean and misses their free throws, or the one that is able to knock down the 3 and take advantage of good looks and free throws.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

if Waverly gets it into a frantic pace, they'll win, but if Wheelersburg can slow it down and force the Tigers into making some shots, then they'll win going away.

I'll take the Pirates by 6

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

With the exception of the first game at Miami Trace the Tigers can't find the net from the FT line (not even sure it was good at Trace). I have no clue what's going on but 40% (50% at best) is not acceptable from the line. They shot 9-18 at Valley on Friday. Not sure anyone made two in a row.
FT's is the main reason it has been a struggle getting to 4-1. Missing 18 of 30 at S.W. kept the Jeeps in that one. Missing 9 of 16 in the 4th quarter against N.W. kept the Tigers from sealing the deal in that one earlier than they did.
WAVERLY HAS TO START MAKING THEIR FT'S - at least start by hitting 60% and improve from their. Should be hitting 70% as a team.

Tigers MUST get out and run run run and make FT's. This could be the game FT's cost them one if they don't make em.
Wheelersburg has scouted every game Waverly has played except this past Friday (the Pirates played their first game). They are very familiar with what the Tigers can and cannot do, what they want to do.

Should be an interesting game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg free throw shooting was no better in there first game

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

fbnut wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:28 pm Burg free throw shooting was no better in there first game
All the more reason Waverly needs to hit em.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Water main break in Waverly. Not sure if this will effect the game tomorrow. If it isn’t fixed I’d just flip the locations (play at Wheelersburg tomorrow and at Waverly next time).

toast
All State

Post by toast »

When Waverly and Wheelersburg play at WAVERLY why is this game nearly always on a Tuesday night??

Who the heck makes the schedule?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

toast wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:01 pm When Waverly and Wheelersburg play at WAVERLY why is this game nearly always on a Tuesday night??

Who the heck makes the schedule?
I don't like it on Tuesday either!!!

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

They should have the water on by then. The plan is to replace two valves on either side of the creek. Then they can isolate the section under the creek. Once it’s isolated they can start filling the system back up.

Now about this game. As stated before if the tigers don’t hit more than fifty present of their free throws they will lose this game. Only one player hit both free throws against Valley. My old coach when I was in school always said you don’t have to swish every shot. That backboard is there for a reason. If you have to use it to make free throw then use it.

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

Well, I just got back from the village of Waverly. Was up there saling Camp Creek water for $5/jug outside the Cash Advance shop next to Wendy’s. Somebody said they’d be providing that for the players during the contest, but the water is working again.

Well, I’m sure this will be an exciting game; everyone will be expecting a W by the Orange and Black! After seeing several Tiger fans at Piketon last Friday night, I will give them the edge in this contest. My momma always told me: 1. never buy boots from a boot legger, 2. Never cheer for Wheelersburg Trojans. To this day I’ve honored her wishes, God test her soul.

Can’t wait to hopefully see my Redstreaks face off against Waverly in the finals of Holiday Classic. Good lick getting by Western!

Smart Mart in Piketon still has lot of good Christmas gifts at great prices!

Mash Potato
Waterboy

Post by Mash Potato »

I'm going to take Waverly in this one. Later in the season I'll take Burg. Everyone playing for 2nd place in SOC. But this game should be a good one!

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

Mash Potato wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:28 pm I'm going to take Waverly in this one. Later in the season I'll take Burg. Everyone playing for 2nd place in SOC. But this game should be a good one!
ur crazy waverly isn't even very good they'll have no answer for holden. watching waverly shoot free throws is like watching a blind man shoot his bow at a target 100 yards away lol so so bad at free throws its hilarious

it may be close at half but burg pulls away and wins by a lot

burg 65
waverly 46

King of Pike Hill
Waterboy

Post by King of Pike Hill »

I’ll be on the 4 mile north trip up to Tiger Town to see this one. I know a lot of good people down from the Burg and I’d like to see them make the trip.

Btw, the downtown gymnasium has the best cheeseburgers. :D

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Burgpirater you are in for a rude awakening n Hawhees Palace tonight. This ain't football and after Holden the talent is looking a little barren in Pirate land! Tigers by 10!

B-ball-fan
Riding the Bench

Post by B-ball-fan »

I will take Waverly by 6. Play Holden aggressively and Waverly will win.

In youth we learn. In age we understand.
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

If Wheelersburg is one deep, I'll take them Tigers by 10

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

Scores ?