Athens Bulldogs 2017-2018

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Athens Bulldogs 2017-2018

Post by Raider6309 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:28 pm Coaches know who they can rely on . They see how much time they put in and whether they are committed to his style . Not sure about the comment on arm chair coaching . There are a lot of knowledgeable people on SEOP that have coached , officiated and played the game of Basketball along with broadcasting hundreds of games so I do not think arm chair coaching is an issue. One of the hardest part of coaching is making a timely substitution that makes you look like a genius . SOME WILL NEVER SEE EYE TO EYE WITH A COACHES OPINION , but he's the man in charge and last I heard that's why he gets paid the big bucks. LOL
Yeah, like last year. Maddox looked like he didn't scout Logan Elm and he's one of the better coaches in the area

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

What A Buzz this new Transfer is causing and hasn't even stepped on the Court other than Open Gyms. Personally from what I have seen of Cozart. I think he will put his best players on the floor taking into account the opposing team. I look for different starting rotations occasionally. He has a lot to work with this year and definitely next year. He will have big bodies and also speed.It Will be interesting to watch-how he mixes things up. That could be his biggest weapon and a headache for opposing coaches to scout Athens.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I like what the Fairfield Union coach did with Evan Conley the Point Guard transfer from Fairfield Christian. The young man had to sit out the 1st half of the season due to Transfer Rules- but when he became eligible I don't believe he started any games but was usually the 6th man and played a majority of minutes-Even though he was clearly a Starting 5 caliber player.

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

Coaches Cozart and Bobo will figure out how to put a solid program on the floor which includes who. The Athens squad has a lot of size, experience,mental toughness and the IT factor to win. Coach Cozart and Bobo are skilled, fearless coaches that are well loved by the squad.Football and AAU makes them battle tested. Exciting year.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Johnstown wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:44 am Coaches Cozart and Bobo will figure out how to put a solid program on the floor which includes who. The Athens squad has a lot of size, experience,mental toughness and the IT factor to win. Coach Cozart and Bobo are skilled, fearless coaches that are well loved by the squad.Football and AAU makes them battle tested. Exciting year.
Who is Bobo?? What is his history and credentials?? Don't know much about him other than he is new JV coach and Assistant to Coach Cozart.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Bobo was one helluva basketball player back in his day - I can tell you that much about him.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:23 am Bobo was one helluva basketball player back in his day - I can tell you that much about him.
Gallia?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No goof ball. Fed Hock. Lol

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:44 pm
Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:28 pm Coaches know who they can rely on . They see how much time they put in and whether they are committed to his style . Not sure about the comment on arm chair coaching . There are a lot of knowledgeable people on SEOP that have coached , officiated and played the game of Basketball along with broadcasting hundreds of games so I do not think arm chair coaching is an issue. One of the hardest part of coaching is making a timely substitution that makes you look like a genius . SOME WILL NEVER SEE EYE TO EYE WITH A COACHES OPINION , but he's the man in charge and last I heard that's why he gets paid the big bucks. LOL
Yeah, like last year. Maddox looked like he didn't scout Logan Elm and he's one of the better coaches in the area
The Maddox /Stiverson matchups are always fun to watch . Last year Tourney Ridge Young just had one of those unbelievable games and his team fed off of that . Warren played pretty darn good but LE just a little better . I think Maddox knew what they were in for , just could not stop it. Gotta love Ohio High School sports!!!!!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

From what I heard I think Chase Wiehl and Josh Huffman from Warren were injured in that game-If so, I am sure that played a factor-not to take anything away from Ridge Young and LE...

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:49 am From what I heard I think Chase Wiehl and Josh Huffman from Warren were injured in that game-If so, I am sure that played a factor-not to take anything away from Ridge Young and LE...
I think you are correct. They played but did not appear 100%. Warren had no answer for Young . He started out taking the ball to the hoop and then went to his deep ball then mixed them the second half . Dennis tried to keep them in it and he had a nice game but the rest of LE FED OFF YOUNG . Fantastic
game to watch. I think Young had 43 on the night.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

VisionQuest wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:48 pm What A Buzz this new Transfer is causing and hasn't even stepped on the Court other than Open Gyms. Personally from what I have seen of Cozart. I think he will put his best players on the floor taking into account the opposing team. I look for different starting rotations occasionally. He has a lot to work with this year and definitely next year. He will have big bodies and also speed.It Will be interesting to watch-how he mixes things up. That could be his biggest weapon and a headache for opposing coaches to scout Athens.
I remember mid season when Coach Cozart mixed up the rotation and Vision Quest went on a rampage calling out the coaches. Best guess was he didn't like that new rotation when Jr. Quest got slid down a notch or two. That was best entertainment on Preps all last year.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Cozart was Bobo's backup at Fed back in the day. Now Cozart will be learning from the master yet again.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Oh Barlow how you love to Embellish and TROLL. Funny how you hid under a rock when the Big Bad Blue the number 2 seed got taken out by a young man named Young and Logan Elm a number 6 seed. You rear your ugly head once again talking of things you nothing about. At least you keep things Laughable when you talk Non-Sense.

thebarlowbandit
All State

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 am Oh Barlow how you love to Embellish and TROLL. Funny how you hid under a rock when the Big Bad Blue the number 2 seed got taken out by a young man named Young and Logan Elm a number 6 seed. You rear your ugly head once again talking of things you nothing about. At least you keep things Laughable when you talk Non-Sense.
Embellish? We can pull the past threads out if you'd like. And typical jealous fan, takes pleasure in someone else doing what your team isn't capable of! Coach Stiverson does a great job! Man has proven he can coach! What have you guys proven? That you can win one more game with a healthy star than you did when he missed half a year.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:12 am
VisionQuest wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 am Oh Barlow how you love to Embellish and TROLL. Funny how you hid under a rock when the Big Bad Blue the number 2 seed got taken out by a young man named Young and Logan Elm a number 6 seed. You rear your ugly head once again talking of things you nothing about. At least you keep things Laughable when you talk Non-Sense.
Embellish? We can pull the past threads out if you'd like. And typical jealous fan, takes pleasure in someone else doing what your team isn't capable of! Coach Stiverson does a great job! Man has proven he can coach! What have you guys proven? That you can win one more game with a healthy star than you did when he missed half a year.
Anything can be taken out of context especially on this Forum. But one thing is obvious is your new found love for Stiverson. He took down Big Bad Blue and Almighty Maddox and now you are on his Bandwagon. Athens beat him and Young last year if you care to Recall. Go hide back under that Rock.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Teams mentioned in this thread are good programs and on a given night can compete with each other. Good coaches , good players and lots of history that makes good post . D2 Southeast is a competitive District . Last year if Warren and LE played 10 times Warren would have had the upper hand. Again Young had one of those unbelievable games or Warren would have won . I was there and many share that thought . Tough district this year . Good luck to all and if your team slips stay strong and have fun.

thebarlowbandit
All State

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:49 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:12 am
Anything can be taken out of context especially on this Forum. But one thing is obvious is your new found love for Stiverson. He took down Big Bad Blue and Almighty Maddox and now you are on his Bandwagon. Athens beat him and Young last year if you care to Recall. Go hide back under that Rock.
I've always respected Coach Stiverson, and you can't find me one post in my history on this site where I've ever mentioned him in a negative way. And had the outcome of that game would have been to my liking, I'd still have as much respect for him. So nice try in painting me as a bandwagon fan of teams.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Last year you are downgrading the younger Cozart saying his shooting will be like a Scud Missile and this year you are saying he will be All State for sure?? I want to know which is it?? Did you finally realize the top caliber player he is...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tracy & Mickey were teammates, but im pretty sure they shared the floor. Tracy was a PG, I think Mickey was a swingman/guard type. I'll have to ask, but im pretty sure he wasnt his backup anything.

Return to “Boys Basketball”