Western Latham

Post Reply
hbk1999
Waterboy
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:53 pm

Western Latham

Post by hbk1999 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:55 am

Any updates on coaching search?



AllAboutTheU
Bench
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:37 am

Re: Western Latham

Post by AllAboutTheU » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:42 am

I know the job is still up on the OHSAA website.

Harambe
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:36 am

Re: Western Latham

Post by Harambe » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:59 am

Anyone hired for this yet?

Ukfanatic
Bench
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Re: Western Latham

Post by Ukfanatic » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Yes. Position is filled!

User avatar
Penguin
Waterboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:07 am

Re: Western Latham

Post by Penguin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:36 am

Ukfanatic wrote:Yes. Position is filled!

Well don't keep us all in suspense.

Harambe
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:36 am

Re: Western Latham

Post by Harambe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:05 am

I am hearing PJ Fitch???

AllAboutTheU
Bench
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:37 am

Re: Western Latham

Post by AllAboutTheU » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:30 am

Interesting...

brown22
Varsity Bench
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: Western Latham

Post by brown22 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:16 pm

Harambe wrote:I am hearing PJ Fitch???
Heard the same. At first I heard Eric Horton.
GO EAGLES

SWJeeps22
Waterboy
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:23 pm

Re: Western Latham

Post by SWJeeps22 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:36 pm

brown22 wrote:
Harambe wrote:I am hearing PJ Fitch???
Heard the same. At first I heard Eric Horton.

Not sure, but I heard he was one of the 3 finalists.

ItsMyOpinion
Waterboy
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Western Latham

Post by ItsMyOpinion » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:13 pm

Wow! Good hire for Western.

Surprised that Fitch gave up his administrative position at Eastern to go back into coaching. What is he going to be teaching at Western. If I remember correctly, Western does not allow administrators to coach so he will have to go back to the classroom.

BearHaskins
Waterboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:18 am

Re: Western Latham

Post by BearHaskins » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:11 pm

Fitch and Barrick head to head 2x. Great!!

N2Hoops
Bench
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:11 am
Location: Sciotoville

Re: Western Latham

Post by N2Hoops » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:33 am

BearHaskins wrote:Fitch and Barrick head to head 2x. Great!!
Yeah I say there might just be a little "heat" behind that match-up. ;)

smurray
Varsity Backup
Posts: 858
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Western Latham

Post by smurray » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 am

Didn't Western beat Eastern twice this past season? Going to be interesting!

art_vandelay
Freshman Starter
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: Western Latham

Post by art_vandelay » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Great hire for Western. Will make for some interesting matchups with Eastern next few years.*

brown22
Varsity Bench
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: Western Latham

Post by brown22 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:12 am

art_vandelay wrote:Great hire for Western. Will make for some interesting matchups with Eastern next few years.*
1 year should be good depending on what Perdue does. Eagle JV and Jr high have best Western by 30+ here lately. If Western can get some transfers in it would make a difference.
GO EAGLES

N2Hoops
Bench
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:11 am
Location: Sciotoville

Re: Western Latham

Post by N2Hoops » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:49 am

Perdue is already gone. Weeks ago from what I hear.

User avatar
pfloyd
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1300
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Western Latham

Post by pfloyd » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:58 am

Coach Fitch is a GREAT pickup for Western ! I am a big fan of Coach Fitch - coaches/teaches fundamentals, his teams play solid defense ... Western has talent, were coached/taught well over the last couple of seasons - Western hoops will be fine under Coach PJ Fitch ... not sure the Western vs Eastern matchups need MORE hype as they are always "meaningful" games ... Coach Barrick vs Coach PJ Fitch ? BOTH of these excellent coaches would say that it's about the kids on the floor not about the coaching matchups at all ... SEOhio is lucky to have BOTH of these coaches courtside again working with kids ON the court ...

Image

brown22
Varsity Bench
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: Western Latham

Post by brown22 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:57 pm

N2Hoops wrote:Perdue is already gone. Weeks ago from what I hear.
Heard the same today.
GO EAGLES

Western24
Bench
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Western Latham

Post by Western24 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:36 am

brown22 wrote:
art_vandelay wrote:Great hire for Western. Will make for some interesting matchups with Eastern next few years.*
1 year should be good depending on what Perdue does. Eagle JV and Jr high have best Western by 30+ here lately. If Western can get some transfers in it would make a difference.

Western lost to Eastern JV this year by single digits at Eastern. Western 8th Grade the year before last beat Eastern 2 times out of 3. In the past 3 years every game between Western and Eastern have been close other then a few JV games and maybe 8th grade games last year. I am not sure of the JR High games last year but I know the 7th grade boys beat Eastern at least once. With the Jr. Class of Western as well as a few freshman that will be Soph. Western will still be talented. These games should be close against the two teams for the next 4-5 years at least I would say.

N2Hoops
Bench
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:11 am
Location: Sciotoville

Re: Western Latham

Post by N2Hoops » Mon May 01, 2017 1:24 pm

I'll be interested to see the transition. Fitch teams of the past have been gritty and played hard nose defense.

brown22
Varsity Bench
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: the nest

Re: Western Latham

Post by brown22 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Western24 wrote:
brown22 wrote:
art_vandelay wrote:Great hire for Western. Will make for some interesting matchups with Eastern next few years.*
1 year should be good depending on what Perdue does. Eagle JV and Jr high have best Western by 30+ here lately. If Western can get some transfers in it would make a difference.

Western lost to Eastern JV this year by single digits at Eastern. Western 8th Grade the year before last beat Eastern 2 times out of 3. In the past 3 years every game between Western and Eastern have been close other then a few JV games and maybe 8th grade games last year. I am not sure of the JR High games last year but I know the 7th grade boys beat Eastern at least once. With the Jr. Class of Western as well as a few freshman that will be Soph. Western will still be talented. These games should be close against the two teams for the next 4-5 years at least I would say.
Maybe, makes for better conference if they are.
GO EAGLES

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests