Warren @ Logan ... Fri. February 17th, 2017 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Warren @ Logan ... Fri. February 17th, 2017 ...

Post by pfloyd »

... It looks like there WILL BE a rematch of this years 2016-17 SEOAL CO-Champions during the upcoming 2017-18 season - at least one match-up will happen on Friday February 16th once again AT Logan High School ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Warren @ Logan ... Fri. February 16th, 2017 ...

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good stuff! Looking at the Arbiter website, here is Logan's schedule as of right now:

12/1 @ Unioto
12/12 vs. Lancaster
12/16 vs. Athens
12/18 @ Heath
12/22 vs. Bloom-Carroll
12/29 vs. Watkins Memorial
1/6 @ Athens
1/20 vs. Mount Vernon
1/23 @ Dublin Jerome
1/27 vs. St. Charles
1/30 @ New Albany
2/10 vs. Vinton County
2/16 vs. Warren

Still several games to be scheduled.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Warren @ Logan ... Fri. February 17th, 2017 ...

Post by pfloyd »

Logan Schedule so far :

December
1 .... @ Unioto
12 ... vs Lancaster
16 ... vs Athens
18 ... @ Heath
22 ... vs Bloom Carroll
29 ... vs Watkins Memorial

January
6 ... @ Athens
20 ... vs Mt Vernon
23 ... @ Dublin Jerome
27 ... vs St Charles
30 ... @ New Albany

February

6 ..... vs Parkersburg
10 ... vs Vinton County
16 ... vs Warren Local

... 9 more games to still schedule ... strange that ALL of the games are marked "N" on Arbiter for "Non-conference" ... Unioto/Athens/Athens/Vinton County/ Warren Local ... 5 games so far vs Southeast District teams ... need 6 more vs SE District foes to qualify for inclusion in the Elite 8 rankings ... we'll keep watching to see who gets added to the 2017-18 Logan Menu of games ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LOL ... my bad Chieftain2009 ! we must of posted the same thing at the same time ... I'll leave it alone ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

No biggie! I like the way the schedule is looking so far.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote:No biggie! I like the way the schedule is looking so far.
... I would like to see at least one match-up with Fairfield Union - a home & home would be ideal ... getting a chance to work on having to battle an athletic, strong big man in FU's Colin Woodside is a must imo ... Logan will be very good WITH TONS of varsity experience in Bo Myers, the Bell boys, Landis and Wes Brooks what the Purple WILL MISS is the physical presence and strength of Kory Henthorne in the paint ... I don't see a "strong" inside presence for LHS ... they will need to show they can defensively handle size/strength in the paint ... the FU match-ups would be just what the doctor ordered with a game either on the road at FU or at home then a chance to SEE film , make adjustments, learn from the first outing ... EVERY game has to be a preparation game for the post season - no conference to win or lose ... set up the rest of the schedule to see it all - inside size, perimeter shooting, defensive quickness, penetrating guard play hmmmmmmmm Fairfield Union has ALL of those "components" returning for 2017-18 ... in fact set up a schedule that gives you 2 opponents that have the similar qualities to be seen in the Central District post season party ... use the first to see how the team preps for each of the "types" of teams in post season, watch/learn from the film / adjust then go at with the 2nd opponent with the similar opponent ... 22 games to do nothing but prepare for all of the types of teams that will be faced in the Central District while getting a record vs the Central District teams in the regular season that will give LHS as good of a seed as possible ... this past season was a good introduction of the Coach Rider/Coach Bell Chiefs to the Central District ... Logan turned heads / built a resume vs the CD ... need to work on this upcoming 22 game regular season/ALL non-conference games to now "black some eyes" in the Central District ...

... there's a #1 team in Southeastern Ohio down on the river who went to the Final 4 of the D3 State Tournament - the Fairland Dragons of Coach Speed who have size, speed, perimeter scorers, can play the transition game or the half court game , experienced in post season play, ALL of the starters from the past 3 years return for their senior year for FHS ... Coach Speed took his Dragons all the way to Hilliard Bradley for a game last season HB had enough respect for the Fairland team even as a D3 team to play the Dragons ... Fairland will be a D2 team this coming season ... just a thought ...

Chieftan2009 ... I just saw on Arbiter that Logan picked up a Feb. 6th home game with Parkersburg ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Another "learning" match-up would be vs Chillicothe ... the Cavs of Coach Huffer/Coach Scott have put together an outstanding "program" in Chilli ... the Cavs will have an excellent mix of returning experience led by Branden Maughmer, Will Roderick, Simon Roderick, Jason Benson ... and add to the recipe of TEAM Jayvon Maughmer, Tre Beard and size from the freshmen & JV squads ... if the Chiefs are looking for speed, perimeter shooting, a team that will have penetrating guards, pressure defense , quick hands on the defensive side - CHS "ain't" a bad place to pick up a game or 2 ... the Cavs will be in the top 10-15 of the my preseason rankings not just based on the talent they will put on the floor but NOW you have to throw in the stability of a quality coaching staff top to bottom ... it's a combo that is a guarantee to put "good" basketball TEAMS on the floor year to year ... AND Chillicothe in more than likely moving UP to D1 and will be playing in the Central District post season party as well ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I did see that Chillicothe will be moving to D1, which means they'll be in the Central District, that would definitely be a good game to pick up, good add with Parkersburg. I like your idea of possibly scheduling Fairland, if that's possible, especially if they are up to D2.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... interesting reading that Coach Kellough will be coaching Zane Trace again ... he should be happier living in that area & his grandson playing in the ZT system ... one of his complaints at LHS was that he didn't get to work with the LHS players through the "summer season" when at Logan ( the BOE taking so long to hire - players lost the summer camps/practices etc) ... wish Coach K the best as he returns to ZT ...

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Listen please . If you go back to ZT BOE minutes in 2014 they were asked why they did not rehire Coach GK after he applied for the job . They responded and hired someone else . He is a coach and jumped at the Logan job to do what he loves knowing it was short term . Now listen to this. The Logan program top to bottom is on their way up and is head and shoulders better shape than they have been for a long time . The locals in that community should applaud the decisions made to get to this point .Always get tired of people ( no matter who they are ) bringing up sour grapes and this has nothing to do with Logan & Warren post . I wish all mentioned the best and that's the truth!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

The schedule looks brutal AGAIN. St Chucks, Vinton Co, Warren, Unioto, Lancaster, Jerome......always put outstanding teams on the floor year in and year out.

Live Like A Champion!
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

And those are just the ones that have been scheduled so far!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Truth&fiction wrote:Listen please . If you go back to ZT BOE minutes in 2014 they were asked why they did not rehire Coach GK after he applied for the job . They responded and hired someone else . He is a coach and jumped at the Logan job to do what he loves knowing it was short term . Now listen to this. The Logan program top to bottom is on their way up and is head and shoulders better shape than they have been for a long time . The locals in that community should applaud the decisions made to get to this point .Always get tired of people ( no matter who they are ) bringing up sour grapes and this has nothing to do with Logan & Warren post . I wish all mentioned the best and that's the truth!! !!!!!!!!!!!

... and what "sour grapes" are you referring to ? ... I posted to Chieftain2009 who IS a Logan fan - the Coach Kellough info would be of interest to him - so I thought ... my comment about the BOE was fact - they took too long to hire a new coach (in this case Coach Kellough) - the incoming class of players/ the standing LHS team had no summer instruction / no summer camp(s) and/or scrimmages ... I'll take the "tired of people (no matter who they are)" as a dig at me ? ...

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Fact check , Logan did have a couple of scrimmages and they attended Wooster Team Camp, did miss OU camp . Sorry if I hit a nerve but BOE and Admin. Are always easy targets . If they took to much time in hiring there could be a reason like who was available . Really should have been a little more political correct in my post . But it was getting a little boring . Good luck to your Chieftains next year and I will most likely see them early next December. I am finished with this thread and hope everyone in Chieftain Nation a safe and healthy Summer!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Truth&fiction wrote:Fact check , Logan did have a couple of scrimmages and they attended Wooster Team Camp, did miss OU camp . Sorry if I hit a nerve but BOE and Admin. Are always easy targets . If they took to much time in hiring there could be a reason like who was available . Really should have been a little more political correct in my post . But it was getting a little boring . Good luck to your Chieftains next year and I will most likely see them early next December. I am finished with this thread and hope everyone in Chieftain Nation a safe and healthy Summer!
... in the case of the BOE here in Logan on THIS specific situation - THEY were in the wrong - THAT is a fact in how they handled the situation ... as far as where Logan Basketball is now ? it IS in a good place - much having to do with the caliber of players going through the system - some good athletes, good basketball athletes ... Coach Rider/Coach Bell/Coach Walsh/Coach Montgomery are a good fit for taking the Chiefs UP Rt.33 without a league ... preparing for playing in the Central District post season party ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Dan Pfloyd, you must've hit a nerve with Truth&Fiction when you mentioned that LOL

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Dan Pfloyd, you must've hit a nerve with Truth&Fiction when you mentioned that LOL
Lol

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Lots of positives in all phases of the LHS . Everyone has the right to their opinions . But any negative comments can be taken as a slap . Lets continue to move forward whether its Basketball or any other activities and support all phases of our School District. Now back to the schedule it looks like our AD has been busy putting together a very competitive schedule . Good job!!!Really like that VC and Warren is still there. Those 2 games should pack Jim's Gym . Some Central District teams will let us gauge our growth. Floyd, hope we add enough SEO teams so we can be considered for your rankings . Really enjoy all your hard work and you are pretty much on target with your rankings . I do agree with Truth &Fiction that Our Basketball program is headed in the right way but so is Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Girls Basketball , Baseball , Softball, Track and Field , Wrestling, Bowling ,Archery, Golf , Cheer Leading and one of the best High School Band in the state. Chieftain Pride runs deep in the hills and valley just like it did on the hill top. Good luck to all the activities ,your hard work is appreciated.Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”