New coaches at Zane Trace and Southeastern

Penguin
Freshman Team

Re: New coaches at Zane Trace and Southeastern

Post by Penguin »

E High wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 5:31 pm What is reaction from Southeastern on Slaughter's new job ?
Who cares? Is their own fault he had to move on. The ones who are smart and basketball minded are probably disappointed and the one's who are based around politics and agendas are happy.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

That may be true . Just curious why he's now on his 4th job in 6 years ? That's a little unusual .

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

E High wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 12:01 pm That may be true . Just curious why he's now on his 4th job in 6 years ? That's a little unusual .
I think he left Crooksville for another opportunity, and Sydney and SE are notorious for running guys off, I anticipate him being at Cambridge for the foreseeable future.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

I think this is Cambridge's 4th coach in 10-12 years ? Stability is now lost at many schools .

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I think Slaughter wanted to coach and most people are excited he found another coaching job since that is what he wanted to do... coach. Best of luck to him and Cambridge for that matter. Hopefully it works out for all parties involved.
Southeastern had 3 coaches from 1970-2007. 3 coaches the last 9 years. One left on his own to become an administrator, one had to go, and the last one resigned to pursue other opportunities. Seemed to work out Well for all that have moved on.

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

KRS wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 10:22 pm I think Slaughter wanted to coach and most people are excited he found another coaching job since that is what he wanted to do... coach. Best of luck to him and Cambridge for that matter. Hopefully it works out for all parties involved.
Southeastern had 3 coaches from 1970-2007. 3 coaches the last 9 years. One left on his own to become an administrator, one had to go, and the last one resigned to pursue other opportunities. Seemed to work out Well for all that have moved on.
I do not think he "reisgned to pursue other opportunities" maybe that is what you are being told, he pursued other opportunities, but anyone would after how the situation was approached before the regular season even ended.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I agree, heard rumors about him being non renewed as a coach before the season was even over. Looks like they would have given him another year after the good tournament showing but evidently the cons of the regular season outweighed the pros of the tourney run. He resigned, looked for other opportunities, found one, and it seems to be a good move on his part. I hope it works out for everyone involved.
Southeastern and Huntington now have new coaches and it is time to move forward . Best of luck to these two coaches as well.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

E High wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 5:31 pm What is reaction from Southeastern on Slaughter's new job ?
Meh.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Any word on how things are going this summer at Zane Trace under Coach Kellough ?

Return to “Boys Basketball”