2017-18 TVC-Ohio Thoughts/Predictions

mattash
Site Admin

2017-18 TVC-Ohio Thoughts/Predictions

Post by mattash »

Keep the topics going, what is everyone returning and what is everyone's 2018 outlook

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Re: 2018 TVC-Ohio Thoughts/Predictions

Post by Truth&fiction »

Vinton County should be the ones to beat . Coach Combs will have to coach up his squad to beat Meigs . Athens looses a lot in Lutz and I'm not sure they can come along enough to challenge . Athens could surprise both VC and Meigs . Should be a fun season for the TVC. Who will be the front runner for POY since this was a popular topic this year?

bearcat74
Waterboy

Re: 2017-18 TVC-Ohio Thoughts/Predictions

Post by bearcat74 »

Vinton--Athens--Meigs at top

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

1. Vinton County
2. Athens
3. Meigs
4. Alexander
5. River Valley
6. Nelsonville
7. Wellston

buckeye1981
Waterboy

Post by buckeye1981 »

Way too early POY prediction... My guess is that it would come down to Yates-Vinton County, more than likely being the front runner with Maddox from Meigs behind him.

Go Bucks

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Seen where someone was asking if there was a topic on this.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:07 pm Seen where someone was asking if there was a topic on this.
How is Meigs looking?? We know of their 3 playmakers in Mattox, Bartrum and Baer. I'm curious if they have any big bodies that are going to get in there and Bang with the big boys on these other Teams. Sure they will be Quick but are they going to be able to get "PHYSICAL" That Kennedy kid was tall and liked to Mix it up and he got in there and could Rebound. But he is Gone now.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens and Vinton tie at 11-1. Cozart will probably lead the league in ppg

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Yates will lead the league in PPG . Cozard may be close but my feeling is he will put up more shots . Yates will average 20 plus.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:50 am
tvc_fan wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:07 pm Seen where someone was asking if there was a topic on this.
How is Meigs looking?? We know of their 3 playmakers in Mattox, Bartrum and Baer. I'm curious if they have any big bodies that are going to get in there and Bang with the big boys on these other Teams. Sure they will be Quick but are they going to be able to get "PHYSICAL" That Kennedy kid was tall and liked to Mix it up and he got in there and could Rebound. But he is Gone now.
Meigs might do a little struggling in the beginning. Mattox, Bartrum and Baer are the returning players. Up from JV squad for the big bodies will be Darst and Musser.

The struggle will be Mattox who blew his ACL completely out in the first week of football, but opted out of surgery to be able to brace it up and play basketball and baseball and then will have surgery after the season. He has no pain with it, His speed is the only thing that will play a factor.

Also Baer missed the last 3 football games due to a leg injury he got when in the Athens football game, so he is limited on his practice time.

Depth can be a cause of concern right now because of 3 Seniors that were gonna see lots of playing time decided they didn't want to play this year.

I think Meigs will still be up there with VC and Athens though. Going to be tough for opposing teams with the guards we have, and I'm gonna say we will have better big man play this year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:12 pm Athens and Vinton tie at 11-1. Cozart will probably lead the league in ppg
Athens needs to have 6 or 7 players avg 9-11 ppg

TEAMS win championships - that's why VC has a gazillion of them since Combs took over.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:18 pm
Meigs might do a little struggling in the beginning. Mattox, Bartrum and Baer are the returning players. Up from JV squad for the big bodies will be Darst and Musser.

The struggle will be Mattox who blew his ACL completely out in the first week of football, but opted out of surgery to be able to brace it up and play basketball and baseball and then will have surgery after the season. He has no pain with it, His speed is the only thing that will play a factor.

Also Baer missed the last 3 football games due to a leg injury he got when in the Athens football game, so he is limited on his practice time.

Depth can be a cause of concern right now because of 3 Seniors that were gonna see lots of playing time decided they didn't want to play this year.

I think Meigs will still be up there with VC and Athens though. Going to be tough for opposing teams with the guards we have, and I'm gonna say we will have better big man play this year.
Hate to see any kid Have injury. Good luck to Meigs.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

tvc_fan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Who is the big man

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Is Frye still the coach at Meigs?

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Musser 6'8 maybe 6'9 is the big guy and yes Fry is still coaching.

Return to “Boys Basketball”