2017-18 Season ... Who are the top teams in each league ?

Falcon01
S

Re: 2017-18 Season ... Who are the top teams in each league ?

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:20 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:33 pm
Falcon01 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:14 pm Heard eastmoor beat Fu in the finals??

Eastmoor will probably be top 3 in first state pool and a state title contender. They're gonna be very very good.
Eastmoor vs Fairland should a great regional Finals game. Winner gets God. Akron SVSM or Cleveland VASJ
Eastmoor is heading elsewhere. 2 SE and 2 East Districts this year...Thank God lol
that is pretty amazing news... but here comes Fairland!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Looks like Fairland and Fairfield Union will be the teams to beat in the region then

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

AAU basketball in full swing across the country. Big week coming up as college coaches will hit the road to recruit. As far as SE Ohio and TVC Athens will be a very surprising team.They will win over twenty games but VC is the King of the SE

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Johnstown wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 pm AAU basketball in full swing across the country. Big week coming up as college coaches will hit the road to recruit. As far as SE Ohio and TVC Athens will be a very surprising team.They will win over twenty games but VC is the King of the SE
Could you tell me who they will actually beat that is among the twenty ? Have not seen their full schedule but what I have seen I'm a little confused.

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

You are right maybe 17 but who really knows???

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Johnstown wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:27 pm You are right maybe 17 but who really knows???
Thanks , That cleared it up for me I thought for a minute I was the only one confused. I thought you were talking about the Johnstown Johnnies .

meigswolfpack
Riding the Bench

Post by meigswolfpack »

Meigs is definitely the top team in the state. They have 3 transfers coming in this year. Te'andre Gibbins (6'7''), Rasheem Thomas (6'5'') and Laquan Reemer are all coming in this year. This team will beat anybody in the state and i will be surprised if they lose a game in the next 5 seasons. They are LOADED.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Now that's really cool. Will it take them 5 more years to graduate?????? LOL

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:02 pm Any surprises in the SOC 1 or 2 for next season?
I've heard New Boston has some talent this year. With the conference being weaker this year, they might have a chance to surprise some people. New coach Adam Cox will definitely get everything he can out of his players.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

falcon117 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:53 am
pfloyd wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:02 pm Any surprises in the SOC 1 or 2 for next season?
I've heard New Boston has some talent this year. With the conference being weaker this year, they might have a chance to surprise some people. New coach Adam Cox will definitely get everything he can out of his players.
... falcon117 ... I HAVE HEARD good things coming from the Tiger's Den ! Coach Cox told his players to be that they NEEDED to be playing soccer (built in off season conditioning) ... he has gotten the kids in New Boston excited to be playing for the Scarlet & Gray again ... and I have heard that there IS talent in the top 7 for the Tigers this season ... time will tell if it all equates to "W's" on the hardwood this coming season ... with the chatter I've heard the Tigers will not be starting at the bottom of the heap in the preseason rankings ...

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:18 pm
falcon117 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:53 am
... falcon117 ... I HAVE HEARD good things coming from the Tiger's Den ! Coach Cox told his players to be that they NEEDED to be playing soccer (built in off season conditioning) ... he has gotten the kids in New Boston excited to be playing for the Scarlet & Gray again ... and I have heard that there IS talent in the top 7 for the Tigers this season ... time will tell if it all equates to "W's" on the hardwood this coming season ... with the chatter I've heard the Tigers will not be starting at the bottom of the heap in the preseason rankings ...

Their timing might be perfect...Clay is no longer a power-house...East lost a few key players....Notre Dame will be weak....Eastern seems to be the favorite for the conference. I have seen the New Boston team play this summer and they have the potential to guard a Barrick coached team for 4 quarters. I see those two teams as being the top teams in the conference.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

meigswolfpack wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:24 am Meigs is definitely the top team in the state. They have 3 transfers coming in this year. Te'andre Gibbins (6'7''), Rasheem Thomas (6'5'') and Laquan Reemer are all coming in this year. This team will beat anybody in the state and i will be surprised if they lose a game in the next 5 seasons. They are LOADED.
Definitely not happening.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I saw New Boston during the summer several times and I really feel that the Tigers can seriously challenge for the SOC I title. That division of the conference is going to be down as a whole, and NB has the size, guards, and some kids off the bench that should put together the best season in Tigertown in quite a while. While Eastern Pike is probably the favorite, New Boston has the potential to be the Eagles main challenger.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

trojandave wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:04 pm I saw New Boston during the summer several times and I really feel that the Tigers can seriously challenge for the SOC I title. That division of the conference is going to be down as a whole, and NB has the size, guards, and some kids off the bench that should put together the best season in Tigertown in quite a while. While Eastern Pike is probably the favorite, New Boston has the potential to be the Eagles main challenger.
Agreed

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

Basketball is here before you know it. In TVC Ohio Meigs and Vinton are the heavy favorites. Athens with Cozart entering his second year at the helm is quietly preparing to be a surprise. The word is that they are tall and very long, have been working hard and have dedicated players. Should be a two team race with Athens ready to come on strong at number three.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Johnstown wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:00 pm Basketball is here before you know it. In TVC Ohio Meigs and Vinton are the heavy favorites. Athens with Cozart entering his second year at the helm is quietly preparing to be a surprise. The word is that they are tall and very long, have been working hard and have dedicated players. Should be a two team race with Athens ready to come on strong at number three.
I'm not sure I would consider Meigs a Heavy Favorite. VC Yes. I think these 3 teams will lead the Pack in the TVC-OHIO. Looking at the Potential rosters I see some great matchups. It is going to be an exciting and interesting year in the TVC-OHIO. Coaching and preparation will be KEY as the Athletes on these 3 squads I believe are evenly matched.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:09 am
Johnstown wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:00 pm Basketball is here before you know it. In TVC Ohio Meigs and Vinton are the heavy favorites. Athens with Cozart entering his second year at the helm is quietly preparing to be a surprise. The word is that they are tall and very long, have been working hard and have dedicated players. Should be a two team race with Athens ready to come on strong at number three.
I'm not sure I would consider Meigs a Heavy Favorite. VC Yes. I think these 3 teams will lead the Pack in the TVC-OHIO. Looking at the Potential rosters I see some great matchups. It is going to be an exciting and interesting year in the TVC-OHIO. Coaching and preparation will be KEY as the Athletes on these 3 squads I believe are evenly matched.
If coaching and preparation is key(and I think that is true) VC will be the ones to chase for the title. Athens and Meigs will fight for second.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEastern Ohio - Preseason

1. Fairland
2. Fairfield Union
3. Vinton County
4. Unioto

(next 4 tomorrow night)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEastern Ohio - Preseason

1. Fairland
2. Fairfield Union
3. Vinton County
4. Unioto
5. Oak Hill
6. Logan
7. Chillicothe
8. Waterford

... Tree Hugger Wannabees ...

(9-25 coming Monday night)

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 pm Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEastern Ohio - Preseason

1. Fairland
2. Fairfield Union
3. Vinton County
4. Unioto
5. Oak Hill
6. Logan
7. Chillicothe
8. Waterford

... Tree Hugger Wannabees ...

(9-25 coming Monday night)

[/quote
Glad to see Waterford make the cut!