Columbus Eastmoor 55 Fairfield Union 37 (2017 Sweet 16)

Falcon01
S

Re: Columbus Eastmoor 55 Fairfield Union 37 (2017 Sweet 16)

Post by Falcon01 »

hateraid wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:I have a convo complaint. I love the fact they have multiple games, and getting to pay to see 2 or more games. BUT, when your team is done playing, get up and move up so the other teams can move down. Ridiculous how many VC people tonight just refused to get up from the section actually marked fairfield union. Common courtesy goes a long way.
I said the same thing to my dad. Should've moved to the other side or in the upper level. EA didn't bring much of a crowd.
Luckily, we had some folks who I think realized it and moved. But we had a bunch of people who ended up in 2nd level because people wouldn't move. Think some also migrated over to other side since EA brought so few people.
It's just easy to do, and no reason not to do it. Probably not something to whine about, like I am, but it bothered me.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Common Courtesy. I think it should be brought up. If you have the first Game then sit wherever you want.

But Definitely move before the next game if you are in the lower bowl out of section. The people who don't move either ---- Have no Clue of the Convo Customs or just plane don't care. There were past years when Lou would announce a friendly reminder.

Back in the 90s Chris Eaton from Burg kept throwing Popcorn at some Unioto people who wouldn't move after their game was completed --/ they were in the Wheelersburg Section and Wheelersburg was playing. I watched from the other side and it was hilarious.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Mr Woodside made his feelings known to some of the folks, but some just didn't care and stayed. Some probably did it just in spite of him speaking up. But some did move, so he helped.

On a side note tho, I'm pretty sure all of vinton County was there tonight. Had a massive crowd.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

There were probably more VC fans during the 2nd game than the 2 teams playing had!! Huge crowd.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Falcon01 wrote:I have a convo complaint. I love the fact they have multiple games, and getting to pay to see 2 or more games. BUT, when your team is done playing, get up and move up so the other teams can move down. Ridiculous how many VC people tonight just refused to get up from the section actually marked fairfield union. Common courtesy goes a long way.

Yes some very very rude people in that regards. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make everything one game per ticket because of dealing with problems caused by inconsiderate people.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Last Portsmouth game this year Lou did ask for the people to kindly move up after our game ,we always move up anyway and when we come to watch other teams we sit up also,unless there is plenty of room down low,

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebarlowbandit wrote:

Yes some very very rude people in that regards. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make everything one game per ticket because of dealing with problems caused by inconsiderate people.
That wont happen. Its not that big of an issue. Sometimes I think a little more thought could be put into which corners to mark when its a double header. Case in point for the D4, clay & waterford were on the same side. If you know two central district teams, who rarely bring fans, are playing - put (ie) waterford & GCC on one side & Wellington & Clay on the other. This could possibly alleviate some issues. I knew going into last night VC & FU would probably have the biggest crowd - so put them on opposite sides. Just a suggestion.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

That wont happen. Its not that big of an issue. Sometimes I think a little more thought could be put into which corners to mark when its a double header. Case in point for the D4, clay & waterford were on the same side. If you know two central district teams, who rarely bring fans, are playing - put (ie) waterford & GCC on one side & Wellington & Clay on the other. This could possibly alleviate some issues. I knew going into last night VC & FU would probably have the biggest crowd - so put them on opposite sides. Just a suggestion.
Nice thought.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

The way VC has shown up and as inconsiderate as many have appeared it's not like that would have improved anything. Same fans who refused to move, do you think they would have volunteered to move if it was another team?

Return to “Boys Basketball”