SOC awards and Sr. game? When is it?

minford17
Varsity

SOC awards and Sr. game? When is it?

Post by minford17 »

I know this game is usually scheduled after the final SOC team is eliminated. However, Clay is now playing Friday with chance to go to state. Baseball, softball, and track regular season starts the week after boys state tournament. Will the SOC Sr. Game be played next week irregardless of what Clay does? This would avoid a great deal of conflict with many players' baseball and softball schedules.

My best wishes to Clay. Go all the way. Representing the SOC and Scioto County well.

minford17
Varsity

Re: SOC awards and Sr. game? When is it?

Post by minford17 »

Anyone?

Bueller?.....Bueller?

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Crickett, crickett, chirp, chirp

Anyone know anything. If Clay wins, play Sr. game without the Clay seniors. They have a better thing to be playing for anyway. Game should be played March 20-24, because baseball, softball, and track regular season starts March 27-31. It will be too difficult to schedule this with all other games and events going on too.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Tuesday March 21 at South Webster 6pm

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Thank you

Eastern Pike Alumni
Waterboy

Post by Eastern Pike Alumni »

So who all received awards from the SOC I and II? Failed to make the All-Star game.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

2016-2017 SOC Boys Basketball All-Stars

Division I:

First Team: Cameron King (Clay), Cole Gilliland (Clay), Nate Hinze (Clay), Brody Riffe (Clay), Ethan Leist (Eastern), Michael Miller (Eastern), Trevon Turner (Notre Dame), Akia Brown (East), Drew Lowe (East), Kade Conley (Glenwood), Jarod Sheppard (Symmes Valley), Tanner Perdue (Western), Tanner Kimbler (Green).

Second Team: Clay Martin (Eastern), Evan Leist (Eastern), Grant Sparks (Notre Dame), Sam Kayser (Notre Dame), Aaron Bazler (Notre Dame), Kyle Flannery (East), Tyler Caldwell (Glenwood), Chayden Renfroe (Symmes Valley), Bryce Brewster (Western), Tayte Carver (Green).

League Records: Clay 12-2, Eastern 10-4, Notre Dame 9-5, East 9-5, Western 7-7, Symmes Valley 4-10, Glenwood 2-12, Green 2-12

League Champion: Clay

Offensive Player of the Year: Cameron King (Clay)

Defensive Player of the Year: Brody Riffe (Clay)

Coach of the Year: Adam Betten (Clay)

Division II:

First Team: Landon Carroll (Oak Hill), Mitchell Hale (Oak Hill), Nolan Carroll (Oak Hill), Kaden Coleman (Wheelersburg), Tanner Holden (Wheelersburg), Shane Zimmerman (South Webster), Alek Blevins (South Webster), Cade Marquez (Waverly), Clayton Howell (Waverly), Matthew Gullett (Minford), Brandon Noel (Valley), Tre Patrick (West), Kyle Leslie (Northwest)

Second Team: Brett Long (Oak Hill), Cole Lowery (Wheelersburg), Tanner Bivens (Wheelersburg), Shiloah Blevins (South Webster), Matt Shonkwiler (South Webster), Easton Wolf (Waverly), Dillon Shepherd (Minford), Andrew Shope (Valley), LT Maynard (West), Kaleb Smith (Northwest)

League Records: Oak Hill 13-1, Wheelersburg 12-2, South Webster 9-5, Waverly 9-5, Minford 7-7, Valley 3-11, West 2-12, Northwest 1-13

League Champion: Oak Hill

Offensive Player of the Year: Landon Carroll (Oak Hill)

Defensive Player of the Year: Alek Blevins (South Webster)

Coach of the Year: Norm Persin (Oak Hill)

Eastern Pike Alumni
Waterboy

Post by Eastern Pike Alumni »

Wow. Kind of shocking. But thank you minford17!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Congrats to all the players & coaches! It was a great league race this year ..... especially SOC - I.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Eastern Pike Alumni wrote:Wow. Kind of shocking. But thank you minford17!
Just curious, but what did you find shocking about the awards? King and Carroll seemed liked obvious POY selections and the COY selections seemed pretty obvious as well.

Only issue I have is every team having to have someone on 1st team. But since that topic has been beat down on here before, I'll just shut up now.*

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

art_vandelay wrote:
Eastern Pike Alumni wrote:Wow. Kind of shocking. But thank you minford17!
Just curious, but what did you find shocking about the awards? King and Carroll seemed liked obvious POY selections and the COY selections seemed pretty obvious as well.

Only issue I have is every team having to have someone on 1st team. But since that topic has been beat down on here before, I'll just shut up now.*
Well considering since they just joined SEOP and only have 2 posts all on this forum I'm gonna say Eastern Pike Alumni is a pissed off parent who's kid didn't make all SOC.

Return to “Boys Basketball”