District Play - Done ... Week #3 at the Convo - Regional Action to Begin ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

District Play - Done ... Week #3 at the Convo - Regional Action to Begin ...

Post by pfloyd »

... a Great first 2 weeks of the Convo - Basketball Thirty ... great games from the menu of teams from the SouthEast District ... we saw the majority of the top ranked teams Survive & Advance ! and this year a true Cinderella - Southeastern High School has not only joined the party but has all other party goers talking about the Panthers entering the post season with a 5-17 record ... having now added 4 more wins in the 2nd season Coach Slaughter has his SEHS boys ready to match their regular season in W's by coming back to the Convo vs Berlin Hiland ... tough taste but so was beating 4 other teams to take home a District Championship ...

... The Survivors and Advancers ...

Division 4

Tuesday 3/14 6:15 and 8:00

Wellington vs Waterford

Grove City Christian vs Portsmouth Clay

Winners play Friday 3/17 at 7:00

Division 3

Wednesday 3/15. 6:15 and 8:00

Sugarcreek Garaway vs Fairland

Berlin Hiland vs Cinderella (Southeastern)

Winners Play Saturday 3/18 at 7:00

Division 2

Thursday 3/16. 6:15 and 8:00

Meadowbrook vs Vinton County

Columbus Eastmoor vs Fairfield Union

Winners Play Saturday 3/18 at 3:00

... 5 of my Elite 8 teams are playing in the Regional Semi's with Cinderella /Southeastern the lone outsider ... I'm happy with the selection process of the committee of one - me - this past season ... the committee of one got it right ... I'm pretty sure the committee will hang onto the Ouija Board it uses when things get tough in the ranking process ...

... I just wanted to throw out "Thank You's" to ALL who have made this past 2016-17 season outstanding in my view from the Cheap Seats ... I had the pleasure of attending some great "in season" tournaments : the Zane Trace Tip Off Classic , the Shawnee State get-together at Portsmouth High School, the Beasts of the SouthEast Tourney in Chesapeake , the Pike County Holiday Tourney in Waverly - outstanding shows from all of the organizers and volunteers that make those fine tourneys happen in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ...

I have met sooooooo many posters from SEOPs over the years ... now I run into all of you whenever I roll into high school gyms around Southern/Southeastern Ohio - thank you for giving pfloyd shoutouts when I get into your area gyms ... posters, parents, players, coaches, assistant coaches , administrators - so many great folks who are fans of the game - supporters of the teams , players & coaches ...

... not sure what my regional timeline will be as Pfloyd will be headed for OSU - The James Cancer Center in C'bus tomorrow morning to begin the ALL day "rat race" of CT scans, blood work, & finally an appointment with my oncologist Dr.Kari Kendra to get the results of testing ... as most know I have battled Stage 4 melanoma since 2010 ... the last year has seen me FREE of any treatments ... I had a one year out CT scan in January of 2017 - they found a NEW nodule in my left lung - being a new find the protocol is to wait 8 weeks then look at NEW CT scans/blood work - that's where I am now - 8 weeks out/scans in the morning ... my regional hoops schedule will be dependent on the CT scans & the "game plan" that follows ...

... hold down the fort !!! so to speak ... get out there and support our Southeast District teams at the Convo this week !!!! let's get a couple of teams to the Big Show - the Final 4 in C'bus next week !!!!!

Thank you all for a great 2016-17 hoops season Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - pfloyd

peake71
All Conference

Re: District Play - Done ... Week #3 at the Convo - Regional Action to Begin ...

Post by peake71 »

Prayers pfloyd that all goes well and see you at the Regional finals. My next follow up is in April for the ticker.

minford17
Varsity

Re: District Play - Done ... Week #3 at the Convo - Regional Action to Begin ...

Post by minford17 »

Prayers for good news tomorrow. Enjoy reading all your posts of games you attended. Don't know if you have looked at the baseball forum or not, but someone is wanting someone to be the pfloyd of baseball. Don't know what your schedule is after basketball, because NOBODY could even measure up to what you do for basketball.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

minford17 wrote:Prayers for good news tomorrow. Enjoy reading all your posts of games you attended. Don't know if you have looked at the baseball forum or not, but someone is wanting someone to be the pfloyd of baseball. Don't know what your schedule is after basketball, because NOBODY could even measure up to what you do for basketball.

... thanks minford17 ... tell that young man of yours it was MY pleasure to watch him during his hoops career at Minford ... "Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Baseball ?!!!" - hmmmmmm it has a ring to it LOL ... I played baseball from Little League through Babe Ruth, Legion Ball in Portsmouth, even went to Marietta College to play baseball ... I know my small ball as well LOL ... it would take some doing and traveling to even be close to learning the baseball schools for me in Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... ALTHOUGH I suppose if I put Wheelersburg at a preseason #1 it wouldn't be a bad start !!! LOL

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

pfloyd wrote:
minford17 wrote:Prayers for good news tomorrow. Enjoy reading all your posts of games you attended. Don't know if you have looked at the baseball forum or not, but someone is wanting someone to be the pfloyd of baseball. Don't know what your schedule is after basketball, because NOBODY could even measure up to what you do for basketball.

... thanks minford17 ... tell that young man of yours it was MY pleasure to watch him during his hoops career at Minford ... "Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Baseball ?!!!" - hmmmmmm it has a ring to it LOL ... I played baseball from Little League through Babe Ruth, Legion Ball in Portsmouth, even went to Marietta College to play baseball ... I know my small ball as well LOL ... it would take some doing and traveling to even be close to learning the baseball schools for me in Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... ALTHOUGH I suppose if I put Wheelersburg at a preseason #1 it wouldn't be a bad start !!! LOL

Two more to add to your list would be Athens and Jackson. Appreciate the compliment about him.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Good luck floyd!

And u can get your Athens baseball via the TVC web site or just listen to them on 970. Were doing baseball games this year.

:)

Return to “Boys Basketball”