Coaching Vacancies

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Coaching Vacancies

Post by Ironman92 »

brown22 wrote:
smurray wrote:
king kong wrote:. That is what I heard as well, I figured s Murray was hinting at that!
Yes
Could coach Milller possibly be making his way to Waverly I've been hearing things. Smurray u have any news coming out of Waverly for us.
Robertson not going to coach his son's talented group???

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

Just out of curiosity, is Robertson still at Waverly, or, is he about three coaches back? If he is not at Waverly, where is he coaching? And, where is Howie Caldwell? God, I miss that stomp.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Spud wrote:Just out of curiosity, is Robertson still at Waverly, or, is he about three coaches back? If he is not at Waverly, where is he coaching? And, where is Howie Caldwell? God, I miss that stomp.
Robertson coached this year (with a 19 man coaching staff lol)

Howie is at Trimble.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Spud wrote:Just out of curiosity, is Robertson still at Waverly, or, is he about three coaches back? If he is not at Waverly, where is he coaching? And, where is Howie Caldwell? God, I miss that stomp.
Robertson was there all year and they had a very successful year and a great group coming thru the ranks.

Howie coached the Trimble boys this year

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Will Athens be open, I know from the summer post a bit of a disappointing season and he's not a teacher, will someone else step up?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

danicalifornia wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Robertson coached this year (with a 19 man coaching staff lol)
Maybe 8 at times. I have heard others joke about the number of coaches Travis has assisting but I made it a point to count others at the Convo and some of them had 6-7. I know with Travis they each have specific duties.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote:
Robertson was there all year and they had a very successful year and a great group coming thru the ranks.

Probably Travis' best coaching since he's been at waverly. Not many expected the Tigers to be much more than a .500 squad but he got the absolute best out of them. A 16-6 regular season record and a Sectional Championship was a very successful season and they were just a another made shot here or there away from 18-4 or even 20-2. Travis and the staff did an excellent job of preparing them for success and making them believers.
Waverly is primed for much more success in the coming years.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Robertson coached this year (with a 19 man coaching staff lol)
Maybe 8 at times. I have heard others joke about the number of coaches Travis has assisting but I made it a point to count others at the Convo and some of them had 6-7. I know with Travis they each have specific duties.
They all are very good coaches. It's just a lot, so it's easy to joke about. They had a great season.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

smurray wrote:
brown22 wrote:
smurray wrote:
Yes
Could coach Milller possibly be making his way to Waverly I've been hearing things. Smurray u have any news coming out of Waverly for us.
I'll PM you
I am curious as well to what might be happening, can you pm me?

Titan
Waterboy

Post by Titan »

Surely , Robertson is coming back next year. Had a very nice season this year, and the future looks very bright. What grade is his very talented son in? Can't see him stepping down when his son is part of it real soon. Whatever is best for him though!

Titan
Waterboy

Post by Titan »

Who is the early names being mentioned for the Zane trace job? Here is a program on its way straight up. Very talented , young letterman coming back, and the younger grades are talented for a long time to come. Probably the team to end unioto's run, and probably real soon if u know what I mean. Is kellough being mentioned for this one (has grandson in Jr high - which kellough coached). Or what about successful long time girls coach joe dunkle (zt grad)? Or maybe a Pat Beard (zt grad) another successful girls coach. Just some quick names that came to mind when I heard this job was open. In my opinion this will be a very sought out coaching job with a lot, and I do mean a lot of interested candidates. So let's hear the early names being mentioned , if anyone knows at this point.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Titan wrote:Surely , Robertson is coming back next year. Had a very nice season this year, and the future looks very bright. What grade is his very talented son in? Can't see him stepping down when his son is part of it real soon. Whatever is best for him though!
A conversation about Kyle Killer is now swirling speculation that Travis is stepping down. Don't look for that to happen anytime soon.
His oldest son was a part of the very special undefeated 7th grade team.
The 8th grade and freshman teams had very good years and the JV squad went undefeated as well.

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

Thank you for the information.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Will Athens be open, I know from the summer post a bit of a disappointing season and he's not a teacher, will someone else step up?
Stirring the Pot are we??? Should Warrens coach be gone as well. Didn't make it to the Convo with all that talent he had. Some would consider that disappointing. 1st year coach goes 14-10 and beats A solid Sheridan team in Sectional and then goes to the CONVO and Competes with a great Miami Trace team. What more can you ask for. Go crawl back under that Rock you Hid under when your Mighty Warriors lost to a 6 seed.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Titan wrote:Who is the early names being mentioned for the Zane trace job? Here is a program on its way straight up. Very talented , young letterman coming back, and the younger grades are talented for a long time to come. Probably the team to end unioto's run, and probably real soon if u know what I mean. Is kellough being mentioned for this one (has grandson in Jr high - which kellough coached). Or what about successful long time girls coach joe dunkle (zt grad)? Or maybe a Pat Beard (zt grad) another successful girls coach. Just some quick names that came to mind when I heard this job was open. In my opinion this will be a very sought out coaching job with a lot, and I do mean a lot of interested candidates. So let's hear the early names being mentioned , if anyone knows at this point.
ZT isn't even posted yet.

thedogg16
Freshman Team

Post by thedogg16 »

Likely opening at Eastern Meigs

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

"Everett Snyder has coached 20-plus years at Fairfield High School either in basketball, soccer or track and field, but after over two decades, Snyder has decided to retire from coaching and take some time for himself and his family."

From the Highland County Press, Hillsboro, OH

Coach Snyder has set a high standard for whoever follows him. Good luck, Coach.

MisterAxeGrinder
Waterboy

Post by MisterAxeGrinder »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Will Athens be open, I know from the summer post a bit of a disappointing season and he's not a teacher, will someone else step up?
Barlow - There is just ONE PERSON to step up - and that is Coach Skinner!! He is a teacher in the system and is one of the greatest coaches to ever walk the sideline is South Eastern Ohio.

He was railroaded by a school board with an agenda and should be brought back to restore the glory of Athens basketball. Look at the number of college athletes he produced. He is also a role model for all that played for him.

As a long time Athens fan I say bring Back Skinner before some other school lures him away!!

Spud
Riding the Bench

Post by Spud »

I understand that Trimble is going to reinforce the playing floor this summer. Howie stomped so much that there was danger of the floor collapsing along the sideline where he weakened it. GO HOWIE!

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Cambridge

Return to “Boys Basketball”