Coaching Vacancies

ball57
Waterboy

Re: Coaching Vacancies

Post by ball57 »

Jayski wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 10:24 am Who would Eastern get to replace Hill? Not saying he is not replaceable...everyone can be replaced...but does anyone have a replacement in mind? Has anyone spoke to Hill about their displeasure? Perhaps he would resign if he was aware of any "reasonable" actions that warranted such actions.
My last comment on this whole thread because this is getting beat to death. Jayski, if every coach resigned when a parent voiced their displeasure there wouldn't be any coaches anywhere!! As was stated earlier one family in particular have given him a hard time since day one. If my memory serves me correct some of these same people gave Jay Reynolds a hard time when he had them in jr. High. Jay now coaches with the girls program. We hope that Coach Hill and his staff stay!!!! End of rant!

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

ball57 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:23 pm
Jayski wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 10:24 am Who would Eastern get to replace Hill? Not saying he is not replaceable...everyone can be replaced...but does anyone have a replacement in mind? Has anyone spoke to Hill about their displeasure? Perhaps he would resign if he was aware of any "reasonable" actions that warranted such actions.
My last comment on this whole thread because this is getting beat to death. Jayski, if every coach resigned when a parent voiced their displeasure there wouldn't be any coaches anywhere!! As was stated earlier one family in particular have given him a hard time since day one. If my memory serves me correct some of these same people gave Jay Reynolds a hard time when he had them in jr. High. Jay now coaches with the girls program. We hope that Coach Hill and his staff stay!!!! End of rant!
Everyone loved jay Reynolds when he had the boys. Coach hill is the only one complained about!

ball57
Waterboy

Post by ball57 »

route7 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:36 pm
ball57 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:23 pm
Everyone loved jay Reynolds when he had the boys. Coach hill is the only one complained about!
I didn't have a problem with Ciach Reynolds but not everyone loved him!! Goes to show you, you're not going to find someone who everyone loves!!!

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

Tomkitty wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 am
Eaglemaniac wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 10:18 am Dogg, you make it sound like you know something...sure wish you'd share with the rest of us. I am not any person of importance, but I feel like I am "in the know" so to speak.
Absolutely not. Did not mean to imply that. I was just trying to clear up some confusion about Boards role in hiring coaches - and specifically the comments about Bowen not being football coach at Eastern. It has been several years ago, and I don't know either person so I have no idea why one person was picked over the other. I just know that the Board didn't decide. They would have only be given the recommended candidate's name.
Agree with what BOE's are supposed to do. However, some are much more involved and controlling than they are supposed to be with regard to hirings. BOE's officially hire 2 positions: Superintendent and Treasurer. If all would only stick to that......

Eaglemaniac
Waterboy

Post by Eaglemaniac »

Hill only one complained about? Coach Williams has had someone wanting here gone for the past four years. Coach Durst has had someone wanting him gone for the past four years. Coach Newland has had someone want him gone for the past three years. Coach Bowen has had someone want him gone for the past several years. Common denominator here??? These coaches all get the same treatment whether winning or losing. You cannot please everyone. If you do disagree and say that Hill is the only one, then I will simply say you probably only watch basketball and do not support the other sports. Because at Eastern....IT IS EVERY SPORT!!!

ball57
Waterboy

Post by ball57 »

Eaglemaniac wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:21 pm Hill only one complained about? Coach Williams has had someone wanting here gone for the past four years. Coach Durst has had someone wanting him gone for the past four years. Coach Newland has had someone want him gone for the past three years. Coach Bowen has had someone want him gone for the past several years. Common denominator here??? These coaches all get the same treatment whether winning or losing. You cannot please everyone. If you do disagree and say that Hill is the only one, then I will simply say you probably only watch basketball and do not support the other sports. Because at Eastern....IT IS EVERY SPORT!!!
Amen!!!

ball57
Waterboy

Post by ball57 »

ball57 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 4:00 pm
Eaglemaniac wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:21 pm Hill only one complained about? Coach Williams has had someone wanting here gone for the past four years. Coach Durst has had someone wanting him gone for the past four years. Coach Newland has had someone want him gone for the past three years. Coach Bowen has had someone want him gone for the past several years. Common denominator here??? These coaches all get the same treatment whether winning or losing. You cannot please everyone. If you do disagree and say that Hill is the only one, then I will simply say you probably only watch basketball and do not support the other sports. Because at Eastern....IT IS EVERY SPORT!!!
Amen!!! You are so right!!

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

I watch all three sports. Way more complaints about hill than either of the other two. Kids don't want to play for him. But they will for the other guys

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Tomkitty : There are athletic committees at many schools that are used. It consists of the AD, Principal, Super , and 2 board members . The board members are their bosses and in many cases they dominate the process . Some board members believe they know more about coaching and other school issues . Thus , the hiring process at some/many schools are not like they used to be . Good luck to all this coming year !

Eaglemaniac
Waterboy

Post by Eaglemaniac »

Hill may get more complaints than others...I don't keep score. I just know that I have heard the same kind of complaints about all of them. Question Route7 saying they play for the others though...out of 15-20 basketball players, I think only about 4 or 5 play for Bowen. Maybe I'm wrong...

ball57
Waterboy

Post by ball57 »

Well.....after reading all this. I think anyone would be crazy to want and coach at Eastern! If you are one of the coaches already at Eastern.....GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern has the worst fans in southeastern ohio. Period

waverlytiger
Waterboy

Post by waverlytiger »

Super trooper wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 8:12 am Eastern has the worst fans in southeastern ohio. Period
Just in basketball... football and baseball fans are very supportive and those programs are going up. Meanwhile basketball lacks support in large part because of the coach

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

That's not it. They didn't like Howie when he was there.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Super trooper wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 1:42 pm That's not it. They didn't like Howie when he was there.
Agree, they really didn't like Howie and when his recruits and relation were graduated he left a successful program with around $30 bucks in the basketball fund and that only justified their not liking him.

sgrebel
Waterboy

Post by sgrebel »

Homie back to Eastern as AD????!!!!!??? What I'm hearing

Carl Spackler
Riding the Bench

Post by Carl Spackler »

Who is Homie?

Carl Spackler
Riding the Bench