Post by mattash »

Predictions?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Convo: 3/11 (12PM) #1 Clay vs. #6 South Webster

Post by Ironman92 »

Going to go with Clay by 8....but will not be surprised if SW wins.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats goes to South Webster. You all have a fine team. Enjoyed watch two great teams play each other. Howies five just ran out steam and got beat in the paint.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

This should be a great game!

I think Clay is slightly more talented, but the Jeeps match-up well. I think the Jeeps have an edge in coaching with a good young head coach and tremendous assistants who have won state titles before. I think it'll be a battle between two great teams with the Jeeps pulling the upset 42-39 at the final horn. GO JEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

No disrespect to Fenton, but Betton is a really good Coach. I am not sure that I would go as far as saying SW has the coaching advantage.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Should be a very good game between two well balanced teams. I think the Panthers pull it out in the final minutes and win by 5.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Western24 wrote:No disrespect to Fenton, but Betton is a really good Coach. I am not sure that I would go as far as saying SW has the coaching advantage.

Not saying Betton is a bad coach! He does a fine job! He's also had this very loaded class for awhile now. I think we'll be able to gauge just how good Betten is the next 2-3 years when the talent pool dries up!

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

I love when people say, we will see how good of a coach so and so is when the talent is gone. Yes having talent makes a coach look good, but you must be able to coach talented kids and I think Betten does that. He has his kids playing team basketball. Having three 1,000 point scorers could of turned into a mess, but he gelled them together to WIN games. It's about what you do with the talent that you have. Barrick had his down years before he left Wheelersburg and yes the talent dropped off, but there is no way you can tell me Barrick isn't a good coach! Unforunately, talent runs in cycles and especially for a small school it hurts a lot.

Back to the game, I've saw both of these teams play. I think SW pulls off the upset here, Fenton has his kids playing well especially on the defensive end. Old man Blevins will be the key on containing King and younger Blevins will have to step up his game(which I know he can) to guard Gilliland. It will come down to making shot just like every game does. I just think SW defensive mentality will lead them to victory. 62-58 SW

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Old man Blevins that is funny!!! hahahahah I wonder if Convo announcer would introduce him as that?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Prime Time wrote:Congrats goes to South Webster. You all have a fine team. Enjoyed watch two great teams play each other. Howies five just ran out steam and got beat in the paint.
Congrats to Trimble on a solid season...those kids never quit last night and every time it looked like Webster was going to run away with it, the Trimble kids kept fighting back.*

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

The Panthers continue their winning ways , make a lot of foul shots and win by 10.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Clay and Webster should be a great District Championship matchup. Both teams are well balanced and each have about 4 kids capable of putting up 20+ pts. Shiloah Blevins v. Gilliland will go a long way in deciding this one. Likewise, I assume Alek Blevins will matchup with King. Keeping King out of the paint will be a tough task as he can finish at the rim or drive and dish to Hinze.

Webster played Clay tough on the road last month for 3 1/2 quarters before Clay pulled away...will be interesting to see what the Jeeps can do with them on a neutral court. Also interested to see how Clay handles things if the game is tight in the 4th quarter as they haven't been in a close game for awhile now.*

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Congratulations to Cameron King, D4 district co-player of the year. Also to Coach Betton for his recognition and to all the Panthers and Jeeps that received recognition.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

This should be an interesting game. The lack of depth for the Jeeps concerns me and with the unknown of foul trouble and how it affects the game I don't want to make a prediction. Zimmerman needs to stay on the floor and make better decisions (in terms of fouling). Clay plays a little more under control than South Webster but that unpredictable nature of the Jeeps can be a strength.

Good luck to the Jeeps!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

JEEPNATION wrote:Old man Blevins that is funny!!! hahahahah I wonder if Convo announcer would introduce him as that?
That kid does not stop!! Love the way he plays

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Watching the Jeeps play last night for the first time this year I came away with several positive impressions

They are definitely a four headed monster. To have 4 players who can get a basket on their own is nice.

The coaching staff is back! Great assistants just make this coaching staff one of the better staffs in southern Ohio.

The Jeeps didn't play scared. Up 2-0 they tried an alley oop on a breakaway and missed it and no one flinched.

They didn't shoot well early and no one seemed to get frustrated to the point where it changed their philosophy

Good to see South Webster so well represented!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

LucasDavenport wrote:This should be an interesting game. The lack of depth for the Jeeps concerns me and with the unknown of foul trouble and how it affects the game I don't want to make a prediction. Zimmerman needs to stay on the floor and make better decisions (in terms of fouling). Clay plays a little more under control than South Webster but that unpredictable nature of the Jeeps can be a strength.

Good luck to the Jeeps!!
Great point on Zimmerman...he has to stay out of foul trouble against Clay. Last 2 games he has picked up some unnecessary fouls and had to take a seat. Webster is basically down to a 6 man rotation with their first 2 off the bench being freshmen. Webster's big 4 will have to stay out of foul trouble and be on the floor nearly the whole game if they are going to beat Clay.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Great game last night! I agree with you guys, Zimmerman needs to be smarter and stay on the floor. I think this game will be an absolute battle. Most interesting part is going to be how the officiating crew calls the game... Neither team goes past 6 deep confidently, so do they call it tight and make each team sub? Or do they let them play and let the kids on the floor decide?

Nonetheless, I think it's going to be a good one to take in.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

After watching both games last nite, my prediction is the South Webster Jeeps will be District Champs. They seemed to be a more physical team, more composed in my eyes. They just seemed to be the more polished, expierenced acting, tough minded group. So my prediction is Jeeps 62 Panthers 49

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

JEEPNATION wrote:This should be a great game!

I think Clay is slightly more talented, but the Jeeps match-up well. I think the Jeeps have an edge in coaching with a good young head coach and tremendous assistants who have won state titles before. I think it'll be a battle between two great teams with the Jeeps pulling the upset 42-39 at the final horn. GO JEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck holding Clay under 40!

Return to “Boys Basketball”