Clay 54 South Webester 48 (2017 Convo)

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Convo: 3/11 (12PM) #1 Clay vs. #6 South Webster

Post by bbjunky81 »

art_vandelay wrote:
juanmorales wrote:Clay's supposed "off night" was solely bc of SW. Have to give them credit for that. They gave Clay everything that they wanted. But Clay found a way to win and that's what good teams do. Tall task the next game, but if they hit shots, they'll be right there
Yep...I think Webster had a lot to do with Clay's "off night." It's not like Webster played lights out...they left a lot of points on the floor as well with missed free throws and costly turnovers. Hate to think what might've been, but if Webster had their full team from early in the year, I like the Jeeps' chances against any D4 team in Se Ohio.*

I have to respectfully disagree... Jeeps seemed to play much better once they cut ties with a few kids... seems like chemistry went WAY up after that, which is a drastically underestimated part of any teams success.

I really like the young kids at SW, too. They're gonna be one of the bigger/longer teams around the next 3-4 years.... when's the last time a SW team could say that??

Watching SE Ohio basketball
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Is S Blevins a freshman / sophomore? He looked good.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky: I not an insider and don't know the circumstances, so the chemistry issue is definitely a valid point. Webster finishing the season strong even without depth definitely showed a team that came together.

Formerfcfan: Shiloah Blevins is a sophomore. already a freak athlete, the sky is the limit for that kid if he keeps working on his game and hits the weights in the offseason.*

Return to “Boys Basketball”