Important update!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Important update!

Post by 93Bulldog »

Miami Trace vs FU moved to saturday at 4:00

Vinton Count vs Unioto moved up to 7:00 on Friday.

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Important update!

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote:Miami Trace vs FU moved to saturday at 4:00

Vinton Count vs Unioto moved up to 7:00 on Friday.

What's the reason(s)?

I'm going to guess --- $$$$...

However, it is pretty cool that there will be 5 district champions crowned Saturday.. 12:00, 2:00 (D4), 4:00 (D2), 6:00, 8:00 (D3)..

Watching SE Ohio basketball
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Saturday had a split session --- with this game now at 4:00, does this mean anything has changed in that regard?

I understand the reason to be Miami Trace Girls play in the Regional Finals Friday Night.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Girls game is reason. One ticket gets u all day now saturday.

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

I understand MT girls play Friday but it is not fair to move the boys game to Saturday. This has come up in the past and there was no changes.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It was at the request of Miami Trace im sure. And yes, it happens all the time. A sectional game was moved just a few weeks ago in logan.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Bball4 wrote:I understand MT girls play Friday but it is not fair to move the boys game to Saturday. This has come up in the past and there was no changes.
Why isn't it fair?
Girls athletics get changed all the time because of a conflict with boys sports.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Bball4 wrote:I understand MT girls play Friday but it is not fair to move the boys game to Saturday. This has come up in the past and there was no changes.
Also, I can gaurentee you that if it were your school with the conflict you wouldn't have any problem with it!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I think it makes perfect sense. Why make the Miami Trace fan base split up on Friday night if you don't have to? The girls are playing for a Spot in the State Semis and should have the entire fan base there.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Besides, that makes 5 games on Saturday!
Woo Hoo!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

LucasDavenport wrote:I think it makes perfect sense. Why make the Miami Trace fan base split up on Friday night if you don't have to? The girls are playing for a Spot in the State Semis and should have the entire fan base there.
You are now asking another community to change their plans. Some people do have other plans one of them being me. So now we have to make changes as well as trying to get it out to everyone else, that is very hard to do.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

I wish they would've just moved the girls' game to Saturday because the other side of the brackets regional final is on Saturday anyway. But I'm happy that something happened so the fans didn't have to choose.

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

MTRay23 wrote:I wish they would've just moved the girls' game to Saturday because the other side of the brackets regional final is on Saturday anyway. But I'm happy that something happened so the fans didn't have to choose.
MTRay23 I am with you on moving the girls. Who ever wins the boys game will loose an additional day of preparation for next where as girls would have just put them on schedule with the other girls regional. I understand the move don't get me wrong but I don't feel that FU should have been penalized a day. These boys want to play now not have to wait another day.

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

Bball4 wrote:
MTRay23 wrote:I wish they would've just moved the girls' game to Saturday because the other side of the brackets regional final is on Saturday anyway. But I'm happy that something happened so the fans didn't have to choose.
MTRay23 I am with you on moving the girls. Who ever wins the boys game will loose an additional day of preparation for next where as girls would have just put them on schedule with the other girls regional. I understand the move don't get me wrong but I don't feel that FU should have been penalized a day. These boys want to play now not have to wait another day.
They're not being penalized, Trace boys have to wait another day too. It's not really a big deal.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Penalized a day? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's tournament time. Most of the preparation is done by the coaching staff......

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The 'being penalized' thing is #1 this week for "dumbest post of the week." Last week was the "WHATS GOING ON WITH WATERFORD" thread, which won in a landslide.....

But seriously, this move is what needed to happen. Props to the state and AD's of all schools for having this change arranged.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I may have missed it but what is the line up and times for Friday now?

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

I do believe it's just VC and Unioto at 7

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

bbjunky81 wrote:The 'being penalized' thing is #1 this week for "dumbest post of the week." Last week was the "WHATS GOING ON WITH WATERFORD" thread, which won in a landslide.....

But seriously, this move is what needed to happen. Props to the state and AD's of all schools for having this change arranged.
I will take the dumbest post for the week then. I have a son who was suppose to be at Ball State on Saturday for a visit. So yes penalized for the visit. It would have adjusted one community for the girls to go Saturday. Now it affects two communities for the boys. That's my point. I understand you don't see it my way which is fine but that's where the penalizing came from.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If your son is suppose to play in this game I see your point, but if he was just going to watch the game going to visit Ball State is a NO brainer.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Boys Basketball”